Imagine everyone have 100% TT returns, would the game survive?

On the contrary. I'm advocating for always sticking to MU in this game. Fighting a %return war with MA is a lost war before it started. You can do minor tweaks to improve on that but the focus should be somewhere else. Gather some data from the big players and decide if you are willing to pay the tax (tt loss) to perform activities on the platform.
For some years you sound like a broken record every day: 'the tt return is too damn low'. Guess what, we all could use some more, but it is what it is.
I'm down 190k ped in TT since loot 2.0, but besides chasing more efficiency and looter, there is not much I can do. Bitching about it on the forums helps no one. All I can do is make sure I try my best to have enough markup to cover that.

How about you accept what you cannot change and focus on some stuff you can actually change to improve the game?

I do smile at replies; that read like the platform is a life survival 'need', rather than an optional choice if to participate or not. So funny.

I learnt very fast that the entropian dream of running with some of the best eco in game, didn't actually generate anywhere near the expected results. I still had better results using 55%+ eco equipment.

There's only one question a player needs to ask themself. Can I justify my monthly cost to play this game, Yes or No?

Everything else is just noise.

Rick.

I always hoped that one day there will be a planet with different kind of economy that focuses on microtransactions or monthly subscribtion. Entropia always had the potential for that but it never happened :(

I always hoped that one day there will be a planet with different kind of economy that focuses on microtransactions or monthly subscribtion. Entropia always had the potential for that but it never happened :(
Been asking for this a long time ago, sadly when MA were more about hyping the game than developing it in
to a rich feature game.
Luckily things seem to have change lately, so who knows. There are room for both RCE and subscriptions, even hybrids.

Been asking for this a long time ago, sadly when MA were more about hyping the game than developing it in
to a rich feature game.
Luckily things seem to have change lately, so who knows. There are room for both RCE and subscriptions, even hybrids.
And this keeps coming up like a bad penny. The answer is No. Categorically. For explanations and alternatives see previous threads about it. (Where do you see this change?--please don't answer)

The game is free to play and should remain like that.

Been doing mining on Arkadia and every 1/2 weeks I come back to Calypso to sell my loot. After auction all the stuff the sumatory of all the auctions fees is around 40 PED. You can make your math and see how much they make on a year with just the auction fee. Add to that all the others fees/decays not returned in loot and take your conclusions. Ahhh and you pay auction fee even if the item don't sell.

My intention with this thread was to show how Mindark makes money (read it as remove PED from game) even if they didn't give us negative TT returns.

Don't give them more ideas please. ?

Hope I remembered all the fees, if more they will be added.

Rocktropia:
- Ruxxnet Code (Zomhattan monster spawning)
- Rocktropia Records (Playa del harlem monster spawning)
- Rocktropia Gold Coins (some monster spawn)
- CND Bananas (teleporting back from SI & buying RT deeds)
- Rotten Bananas (teleporting to SI & buying RT deeds)
- Teleport Token (if those would work)
- Rock Bucks (buying RT deeds)

Been doing mining on Arkadia and every 1/2 weeks I come back to Calypso to sell my loot. After auction all the stuff the sumatory of all the auctions fees is around 40 PED. You can make your math and see how much they make on a year with just the auction fee. Add to that all the others fees/decays not returned in loot and take your conclusions. Ahhh and you pay auction fee even if the item don't sell.

My intention with this thread was to show how Mindark makes money (read it as remove PED from game) even if they didn't give us negative TT returns.

AH fee goes to CLD revenue
Magnus Eriksson:

All of the activities you mention would contribute to CLD revenue, assuming those activities took place on Planet Calypso or were performed by Calypso-tagged participants elsewhere in the universe.

Some players need to make money as well so others will loose, until they decide to jump into the profitable players boat because success in this game is like financial success IRL, it's available to anyone willing to do what it takes to get the desired results.

AH fee goes to CLD revenue

Some players need to make money as well so others will loose, until they decide to jump into the profitable players boat because success in this game is like financial success IRL, it's available to anyone willing to do what it takes to get the desired results.

If success is like real life than most people are fucked because circumstances and luck determine the majority of fortune’s favor. So it would be better if no one bothered at all because self cannibalization is the only real outcome the game will ultimately lead to.

So now we're not dying of boredom?

Indeed.

Now we die out of frustration.
for the non stop losses. And for what? To chase some pixels?

Hey, bro. I thought you know that long time ago :)))

If success is like real life than most people are fucked because circumstances and luck determine the majority of fortune’s favor. So it would be better if no one bothered at all because self cannibalization is the only real outcome the game will ultimately lead to.

Actually... success means the accomplishment of goals. And just as in real life, some ppl decide to set a goal to win lottery, yeah, they will eb fucked, but by their expectations, guess what, same shit here. And people always bitch and whine when some of us say to adjust expectations and set realistic goals and WORK for them... if your goal in life is to be more successful than Jeff Bezos AND you take 0 actions towards that goal, yeah, your life is going to suck. Same here, you do stupid shits and blame it on the biggest uber because he's stealing your loot and rare item.
Just as in RL same here, no one can guarantee success if you do X or Y or buy Z stuff, because in the end it's your expectations and your goals that determine if you feel or not successful.

In this thread people want freebees, thinking it would satisfy them, if no one will loose (which implies no one will also profit) which will kill the game almost instantly because the percent of the playerbase that play this game JUST for the looks of it is probably below 1%.

If success is like real life than most people are fucked because circumstances and luck determine the majority of fortune’s favor.
That's the gist in a whole bunch of -isms which are outmoded but keep leading a zombie existence fed by ignorance. Refer to actual teachings.
So it would be better if no one bothered at all because self cannibalization is the only real outcome the game will ultimately lead to.
Then why do you?

Practical tip: The difference between "anyone" and "everyone" is key. Yes, a successful producer requires a multiple of willing consumers. But what makes you think you're born into one or the other caste? I don't agree with Evey on everything but you do have the power to choose your camp regardless of origin. Rejecting this constitutes accepting genetic disenfranchisement, which is another can of worms. Choose wisely.

I don't agree with Evey on everything but you do have the power to choose your camp regardless of origin.

I have to disagree. What you'll become is the result of many lotteries.

I have to disagree. What you'll become is the result of many lotteries.
This would be "mount improbable" according to Richard Dawkins. Yet here we are. But we're not talking about biological evolution we're not empowered to control, but the evolution of our own decision making.

You choose which game to play at every juncture. You're a victim of limiting beliefs as much as the fellow above. Or all of us. You can break the bondage by throwing these beliefs in the hat from where you pick all the other tickets, then decide every time what your chances are when running with it, and adapt your judgement depending on the outcome. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. (I hate arrogance but must ask, how often have you been given this quote already? Of course, this is moot if one's most rewarding game is the complaining itself. Then you are compelled to keep recreating situations which justify you.)

but the evolution of our own decision making.

and what options you're presented with depends on where, when and with what traits you've been born. So yeah, the options are limited.

You're a victim of limiting beliefs as much as the fellow above.

You're victim of the "everythings possible if you want it hard enough" myth...

how often have you been given this quote already?

you're the first. Usually i'm the one giving others that quote lol.

• Haha
Reactions: San
You're victim of the "everythings possible if you want it hard enough" myth...

Everything is possible, not if you want it hard enough, but if you take the right steps towards your goals.

That is not to say "everyone is equal" or "everyone has the same opportunity" because that is just blatantly untrue. The steps one has to take to reach a certain goal can be very different from another persons steps to reach the same goal depending on various factors.

Everything is possible, not if you want it hard enough, but if you take the right steps towards your goals.

That implies that there are right steps avaible for everyone. That assumption is quite unrealistic, don't you think?

And this keeps coming up like a bad penny. The answer is No. Categorically. For explanations and alternatives see previous threads about it. (Where do you see this change?--please don't answer)
Well don't do a normal question if you don't want people to answer, stick to rhetorical questions instead. :D
If you don't like it, please block me instead, since that would not be a loss. I don't answer this as an answer
to you as a person, but for the subject. There are more people in here reading this you know.

Changes I see are at MA and their new way to run the company, instead hyping the game in an unrealistic
way they seem to finally head for better development of the game instead.

I could have been a bit more clear of what I want with subscriptions as alternative, no I don't want a whole
planet runned by that, but I do want to see options for e.g pvp lootable, where we can get 30 days toxic
protection instead of one shots. Same alternative should excist ingame but with a discount if it is bought
in webshop.

Well don't do a normal question if you don't want people to answer, stick to rhetorical questions instead. :D
If you don't like it, please block me instead, since that would not be a loss. I don't answer this as an answer
to you as a person, but for the subject. There are more people in here reading this you know.

Changes I see are at MA and their new way to run the company, instead hyping the game in an unrealistic
way they seem to finally head for better development of the game instead.

I could have been a bit more clear of what I want with subscriptions as alternative, no I don't want a whole
planet runned by that, but I do want to see options for e.g pvp lootable, where we can get 30 days toxic
protection instead of one shots. Same alternative should excist ingame but with a discount if it is bought
in webshop.
I did understand it as pertaining to a warming up to subscription models specifically, not to the actual changes we have seen so far under the new leadership. In this case then it was a simple misunderstanding. I was dismissive since I have not seen any evidence for it and considered it a figment of wishful thinking, or worst-case an attempt at planting the idea surreptitiously. I, too, when in public am answering to the public, and I felt going into this would lead off-topic and possibly devolve into personal dispute.

I do feel sufficiently annoyed by this recurring theme in the meantime because there is a myriad of games out there you can play if you prefer this model, while Entropia has this (still mostly) unique economic system. If it required regular payments, I and I'm sure many others would not be here. Sure a different crowd might take it up, maybe even a bigger one, who knows. But you'd be like totally mainstream.

That implies that there are right steps avaible for everyone. That assumption is quite unrealistic, don't you think?

Did you read the rest of my post where I specifically addressed this?

I'll give this one attempt:

Let's say person A and person B have the same goal of becoming a professional footballer. Person A lives In a 1% home. Person B lives on the street.

The first step for person A in this scenario might be to have their parents pay to get into a top football academy, whereas the that step is unavailable to person B. The first step for person B would instead be to find a way of practicing without cost (or find a way to finance, or whatever).

They both have very different routes to the same end goal. Either, neither or both may eventually end up reaching their goal. But it depends on what choices they make along the way. Will they both have an equally difficult route? Unlikely

How much you desire a goal is only relevant for your motivation to do whatever you need to to reach your goals. There might be situations where motivation is not enough. There may be times when you don't know what the "right step" is to reach your goals ( usually the right step then is to figure out what the next step is). The fact that you are unable to visualize your path does not mean that the path does not exist, or is unavailable to you.

Either, neither or both may eventually end up reaching their goal.

or option 3, one does and the other doesn't.

Did you read the rest of my post where I specifically addressed this?

Person A or B get home from practicing, gets into a car crash (not his fault), is paralyzed for the rest of the life, goal unable to achieve.
Or someone would love to become a professional footballer, but has been born paralyzed, no path to become one.
This whole you just got to the right steps may sound nice in theory, but the reality is way more complex and complicated than that, there may not even be a path.

Last edited:
I say that the game will survive because someone will always be too lazy to farm or want to take a shortcut which is the case with many other games such as world of warcraft or EVE online. That being said nothing stops them to create a seperate planet with different economy not linked to what they have atm to just experiment.
Let's be realistic there are no people who can claim they play the game and struck it rich there a lot of people who can say that they invested a lot of time and money and don't get a return on their investment. Why ? - because its a lottery while these days it's more balaced on early level with loot 2.0 later it can turn very sad a skilled hunter for example can loose big not even making the cost of his ammo and repair even when they do global several times . They do they keep hoping that sometime in the close future they will get 4 digit HOF that will cover their loss and make them some cash which would probably cover all they lost. While there are people who play the game for years because they like it they stay for the game and not because they make a thon of cash. It's a virtual economy where you can buy a lot of property but you cannnot rent that property to others the only way to get return is by hoping other palyers will hunt mine there so you tax them or buy stocks to get few pec a day or week or buy a lot for a thon of cash and hope to get a return (eventually). It's also economy of individuals because you cannot get hired to do a job and get paid because of thrust issues or they cannot afford it. Ages ago we were being told about plans to unveil virtual jobs and create jobs for the playerbase so they can earn cash and be able to spend them but that never happened :(

Last edited:
Back