Imperium Armor Scandal continues...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
What is the scandal?
The corporate bs statement after pulling the rug. That was just adding insult to injury.

I am cautiosly optimistic and looking forward to the new attempt, based on the fact that Cyrene is a different caliber of a planet partner than all the rest. We'll see who wipes the floor with whom if this gets messed up again.

As others confirmed it was the Cyrene version of Viceroy

As for history buffs on what the scandal was:
Back in 2014 When A.R.C. Rank 1 mission first added to game its reward was changed from A.R.C. Initiate Armor
As I recall the reward wasn't available then and speculations on mats needed were plentiful.
When reward got added in 2015 it was accidently renamed Stolen Imperium Armor (UL)
The mission to get that avatar bound armor was deactivated 12 days later which frustrated many players.

Because Stolen Imperium Armor was supposed to be through Imperium missions, not through A.R.C.
The Rank 1 A.R.C. reward then became A.R.C. Inaugurates Armor (L)

As for what's happened after those 2015 changes...
I wasn't active after 2019 so I'll suggest post #16 in another topic.

PS. I was only doing ark in 2014-2015 so please correct any details I got wrong.

As others confirmed it was the Cyrene version of Viceroy

As for history buffs on what the scandal was:
Back in 2014 When A.R.C. Rank 1 mission first added to game its reward was changed from A.R.C. Initiate Armor
As I recall the reward wasn't available then and speculations on mats needed were plentiful.
When reward got added in 2015 it was accidently renamed Stolen Imperium Armor (UL)
The mission to get that avatar bound armor was deactivated 12 days later which frustrated many players.

Because Stolen Imperium Armor was supposed to be through Imperium missions, not through A.R.C.
The Rank 1 A.R.C. reward then became A.R.C. Inaugurates Armor (L)

As for what's happened after those 2015 changes...
I wasn't active after 2019 so I'll suggest post #16 in another topic.

PS. I was only doing ark in 2014-2015 so please correct any details I got wrong.

The sheer incompetence is uncanny.

And now only a few chosen will be able to actually take armor parts from the vendor becuse of required daily badges.

Oh no people who spend time on Cyrene to grind the badges will have first access
you mean people who's responsible for the whole scandal ? Who printed 18+ blue sets the moment npc appeared?

you mean people who's responsible for the whole scandal ? Who printed 18+ blue sets the moment npc appeared?
That's not the problem. The problem is the development teams, both MindArk and Cyrene, who somehow couldn't run some simple calculations with the trove of data they posses or properly handle the fallout of their incompetence. They chose to use The Hammer of Ambiguity, shut down the entire thing and elude to it not ever returning, providing a "new" mission for armor plates which used the same loot and completely devalued the existing market created for these specific and highly sought after armor sets.

Now, I suspect they are at least using the data they have and realized most of loot that was being saved has been burned on the plates and they're now re-releasing the prized armor sets forcing players to again re-grind on new drop rates to collect materials for which they were cheated out of in the first place.

This behavior is really not all that surprising, considering Entropia's history but it only leads one to believe it's not going to change as we progress to the future. Bend over while they lube you up, you're nothing but a slip and slide. This is why centralized markets "in the real world" have government regulators and courts to keep the market operators from perpetrating these types of <insert appropriate broken ethics laws here>.

And now only a few chosen will be able to actually take armor parts from the vendor becuse of required daily badges.
I thought it was an expensive mission so I didn't even try it then.
But also never looked at the value to obtain Viceroy and compared to Stolen Imperium Armor (UL).

Back then cost with markup was 600 to 700 PED of resources for armor with 400 TT value.

Also the Viceroy wasn't introduced in 2013 without some controversy too.

Is there any point to go for Viceroy then? If you can sell the imperium armor and not the Viceroy?
How did they reason here? Doesnt sound fair
Viceroy = Crit Chance
Imperium = Crit Damage

I would suggest Viceroy first and work at gear to max Crit Chance, then as you upgrade the gear (which may then include crit chance already) upgrade to Imperium for the Crit Damage.

Is there any point to go for Viceroy then? If you can sell the imperium armor and not the Viceroy?
How did they reason here? Doesnt sound fair
Depends what you got on rings. Viceroy gives better DPP boost alone than imperium ever could, so most average hunters like myself will get more benefit from viceroy
But most Uber’s already have maxed crit chance anyway, and it’s extremely hard to max crit damage, so those people will benefit more from imperium.
And the more crit chance you have, the more you get out of a crit damage boost, that’s why it’s important investing in crit chance before crit damage.

Depends what you got on rings. Viceroy gives better DPP boost alone than imperium ever could, so most average hunters like myself will get more benefit from viceroy
But most Uber’s already have maxed crit chance anyway, and it’s extremely hard to max crit damage, so those people will benefit more from imperium.
And the more crit chance you have, the more you get out of a crit damage boost, that’s why it’s important investing in crit chance before crit damage.
Viceroy = Crit Chance
Imperium = Crit Damage

I would suggest Viceroy first and work at gear to max Crit Chance, then as you upgrade the gear (which may then include crit chance already) upgrade to Imperium for the Crit Damage.

That does make sense! And it is not as unfair as I thought.
Thanks to you both!

Back