Suggestion: Implement the New Mission System Concurrent with Legacy System

Should The Legacy System Run Concurrent with the New System?

• Total voters

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Considering the significant frustration with the recent announcement of the pending implementation of the new mission system I think consideration should be given to running the legacy mission system concurrent with the new mission system, all the way through every phase until the legacy missions are completed.

This would only effect players who already have missions opened and progress made, and would be unavailable to begin once the new mission system is fully implemented.

Votes would be appreciated, constructive feedback even more so.

I voted "other"

There should be conversion routine written-->checking % of old stage and convert it to the % on the new missions systems stage then..

Yes and Other. Yes they can run concurrently IF MA cares enough to keep players. Other. If they won't (can't is bullshit) transfer progress I quit. Chipping out is a pipe dream. There is no way to get money out of the game. I will simply go the way of other players and simply abandon everything!

I stop playing now until this is settled. Frankly I am tempted just to TT everything I own and walk away now.

I'd find it somewhat accetable if current new missions start AFTER current chains you are on

Ex: I'm on Molisk II well once I finish I don't go on to Molisk III, I just start their new mission.

Main point here is let us finish the hours and hours and peds and peds we started on long missions.

Voted 'other' as there are more than two ways to skin the cat.

My preferred scenario:
  • old missions cannot be acquired anymore,
  • existing old missions can be continued indefinitely,
  • new missions cannot be acquired if you have an old mission active (for the same mob),
  • it's up to you to choose if you want to complete or abandon the old mission.

If the new rewards are better, they would provide a sufficient incentive to deal with the old missions.

I'd find it somewhat accetable if current new missions start AFTER current chains you are on

Ex: I'm on Molisk II well once I finish I don't go on to Molisk III, I just start their new mission.

Main point here is let us finish the hours and hours and peds and peds we started on long missions.

My preferred scenario:
  • new missions cannot be acquired if you have an old mission active (for the same mob),

If the new rewards are better, they would provide a sufficient incentive to deal with the old missions.

I think these two posts are essentially saying the same thing, and I agree these would be good solutions. It seems MA already have a way to run the two systems concurrently, so I don't see how this would be a stretch.

Alternatively just transfer progress to the new system, but if the new system has an entirely different structure, as I suspect it will, then that might not make sense.

My preferred scenario:

nailed it. remember, MA, what me and op and many others have said again and again: your playerbase has the answers. you just need to replace your hubris with humility.

if you insist on eating more than you can chew get a kickstarter ffs and go like starcitizen. if this game is such a fail that you need to chase us away so you can run yourself - why not just let us have it. and you go away cleanly.

Just carry progress over or give partial rewards before wiping.

I agree. Just ending the current system and wiping out everyone's progress is blatant THEFT.

for me as a space player it's not a huge issue, I only have a few missions that are really worked on, but players that do the bronze, silver, gold missions on caly are getting wrecked. MA should give them some form of compensation for their partial completion at the least if they are going to just clear the slate on all their YEARS of hard work, and probably THOUSANDS of peds in investment in the missions...

ffs MA put your damn thinking cap on.

I vote that either completely Concurrent systems should exist permanently OR import the existing levels and completed level percentages into the new system. There just has been too much work by participants to not have this happen.

What new mission system. What did I miss??
Edit: saw the developer notes...

I hope the graceperiod gets expanded until you complete the stage you're at.

I vote that either completely Concurrent systems should exist permanently OR import the existing levels and completed level percentages into the new system. There just has been too much work by participants to not have this happen.

Right, I'll accept any sensible, fair solution.

My preferred scenario:

This is the best way to handle it imo

Agreed, those are the 2 good alternatives (keeping old system running and not allow to start the new ones per mob vs. transferring progress).
I think these two posts are essentially saying the same thing, and I agree these would be good solutions. It seems MA already have a way to run the two systems concurrently, so I don't see how this would be a stretch.

Alternatively just transfer progress to the new system, but if the new system has an entirely different structure, as I suspect it will, then that might not make sense.

I refuse to believe that MA is that incompetent to not be able to transfer progress from old system to the new one. If they can make both old and new systems run at the same time, they should be able to transfer the progress easily

*tinfoil hat on*

I think this is MA's scheme to increase our trust to them. First, they'll announce that they are wiping the progress to see the reactions. Once the reactions are very negative (which is what they have planned and what surely will happen), they'll make another post stating that they are listening and will transfer the progress to the new systems, coming out as a hero. We as community will praise them, thinking that they actually are "listening" to us, while they are just really creating an artificial issue, then artificially solving it to gain our trust. If this is what happens, then fuck you MA.

*tinfoil hat off*

If they really wipe out the progress despite the complaints, then they are really the most incompetent game dev company I've ever seen.

My preferred scenario:

This would be ideal.

It seems MA already have a way to run the two systems concurrently, so I don't see how this would be a stretch.

My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that MA is that incompetent to not be able to transfer progress from old system to the new one. If they can make both old and new systems run at the same time, they should be able to transfer the progress easily

When they switched some mobs from 1 point a kill, to kill points they screwed that up.
Was nearly done on Corns (about 90% of last stage)when they changed, to new maturity points, I was then around 40% of last stage. They did give me extra points after complaining in support.

I don't think they are capable of transferring the points over, cuz I'm sure they would cock it all up.

They should just let people finish the stages they are on, and next stage will be the new shared points.

If they don't, am done with the game, as I have way to many missions now on last stage, and took me years to get there, with quite a few near completion.

Bingo, I uninstalled. Allow my 100's of missions to be completed when I complete them. Or MA is going to lose a lot of money. Stop being so greedy and detached from the player base MA. Stop with dirty practices that robs the players that were loyal to you by depositing. You get not 1 pec from me till we have a suitable agreement that doesn't cut my #$## off.

I play this game for 2 reason. To get skills and complete missions. Years of work lost with this new system. No thanks. This is borderline illegal practices.

I will not login, I will not depo. I will abandon my account if MA does not respond and decide to transfer all existing progress to the new system. I will not pay them anymore just to have all my progress and many years of effort wiped out.

I haven’t been here long (started playing in feb) and I’m pretty upset about potentially losing the little progress I’ve made in the last few months. I can’t imagine how livid some of you must be after playing for years. MA is going to trigger a massive rage quit.

My preferred scenario:

That would be better (and actually only one fair solution).

Little addition -- last repeatable stages of old missions can be really last here (so finishing this round will start new system cycle).

Important question -- Does it affect other planets? how it affect to killpoint challenges (on ark), how it affect secondary zombies chains on RT (national guards), how it affect cyrene epics?
May be it worth to keep "100 mobs" missions repeatable by default, until proper NPC would be found? Let keep game a game, don't remove exploration from it.

Back