Help: Impossible to update to VU 17.3.1 - EU certificate revoked

WangXiang

Dominant
Society
Guardians of Evolution
Wangxiang WangXiang Tuxing
I cannot update to VU 17.3.1. During the update process I get the message "This application has been blocked for your protection". I run Windows 10 (up-to-date).

I tried on another laptop and I get the same blocking message.

I can't even reinstall EU, with the same message.

It seems the certificate (for EU) has been revoked by its certification authority.

Other players with the same problem?

MY CL is blocked, too.

My ClientLoader's Properties offers no Block/Unblock.
Only the standard "Read-Only" and "Hidden".

Any other ideas?

Same problem here.
Thank you Priest for your help but this doesn't work for me either.

A good solution would be that MindArk does what they have to do regarding the certificate.

I cannot update to VU 17.3.1. During the update process I get the message "This application has been blocked for your protection". I run Windows 10 (up-to-date).

It seems the certificate (for EU) has been revoked by its certification authority.

I had the same problem. It seems in one of Microsoft's recent updates they changed something with the Defender smart screen settings. I don't think
everyone has this update yet but it looked like lots of people are having various problems with various programs because of it . I tried turning off the settings in the smart screen but that did not work so changed them back to ON. I then tried using my last restore point which was four days ago, which failed but after the restart I was able to start Entropia as Run as Administrator and that allowed me to update. As a note I can no longer Run as Administrator but that one time for whatever reason I could

I had the same problem. It seems in one of Microsoft's recent updates they changed something with the Defender smart screen settings. I don't think
everyone has this update yet but it looked like lots of people are having various problems with various programs because of it . I tried turning off the settings in the smart screen but that did not work so changed them back to ON. I then tried using my last restore point which was four days ago, which failed but after the restart I was able to start Entropia as Run as Administrator and that allowed me to update. As a note I can no longer Run as Administrator but that one time for whatever reason I could

You are right, Windows Defender Settings configuration parameters have been changed recently. I tried a number of different possibilities but none worked. It is still impossible to update EU or re-install EU. The EU certificate has been revoked.

You gave me a solution a couple of days ago to disable the ULA (or whatever the name was) and that worked perfect for me doesn't that work for you now ?
I don't understand.

You gave me a solution a couple of days ago to disable the ULA (or whatever the name was) and that worked perfect for me doesn't that work for you now ?
I don't understand.
The solution worked for me but this is only a temporary solution (disable ULA to update and re-enable it afterwards for security reasons).
MA took one week to recognize the issue but now we can expect that they will fix it so that we don't have this problem anymore at each update.

Back