Improve shop keeper functions

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah
Not sure if this has been mentioned before so if it has I apologize to the OP.

I think the shopkeeper functions should also include buying items. Sort of like the orders system on the auction. I think this would increase traffic to shops that have shopkeepers that buy and sell and make owning a shopkeeper and shop more desirable.

We could also have varying levels of shopkeepers or in some way allow them to grow to accomodate more items for both selling and buying. So a level 1 shopkeeper has basic items and functions but over time it can become a level 10 shopkeeper with advanced functions and ability to handle more items. Maybe have an unlockable progression system in some way based on some type of usage of the shopkeeper or some type of add-on acquired over time or looted in some way. hmmmm :scratch: not sure how a system like that could be implemented and not abused.

Maybe specialize shopkeepers as well depending on what they sell the most of. Just like avatars some are more skilled in hunting and others mining and crafting so shopkeepers could be broken down into tailored items, weapons, armor, tools, raw materials, components, etc etc. They could still sell all items but a level 10 weapons shopkeeper will be a pro at selling and buying weapons and have all the unlocks available.

The shop keeper which is just an automated seller could be so much more. Feel free to expand on my ideas or add some of your own or bring up potential pitfalls of improving shopkeeper functions. Maybe this is something we could propose to the developers and bring some life back to the shops.

Some good ideas there :)

I always wished that there was some way of taking an order from a customer via a shopkeeper, in addition to its usual functions.
For example, someone could come by and use my shopkeeper to order a full set of Serum M. I could then craft that and place it in the shopkeeper, that particular set of Serum M being available for purchase only by the person who ordered it.

:)

Yes, it would be nice if shopkeepers had more functiosn, in particular the ability to sell less than a particular stack of a stackable. For example, if the shopkeeper contained 10000 ME then it should be possible for a buyer to purchase, say, 1000 ME.

Some nice ideas there. Hope MA do improve shopkeepers especially with regard to buying annd selling. A Shopkeeper should offer both of these functions i would say thats essential.

Maybe the developers can use the same code from auction orders and tweak it for a shopkeeper.

Yep, agree, expand functions available to shopkeepers.

I had an idea that even the Mannequin should have some more options,
to be f.ex a Storagekeeper, so we can use a Mannequin as storage too. :)

Another idea I have now, is a SocietyStorage, but that will be a new
thread, with some pics to describe what I mean... :D

EDIT: Ah! I found another idea I had been working on but forgot!
Storagecontainer icons... :) Will do a new thread about that too... :D

Last edited:
i brought up the idea of a soc storage a fair while ago. the issue with it is trust and considering the amount of dishonest people running around in EU, it makes it rather unworkable.

Still, this idea has a lot of merit and i would certainly like to see SK's with more functions than they currently do.

Good work and +rep

MA please take note of this idea

I think the shopkeeper functions should also include buying items. Sort of like the orders system on the auction. I think this would increase traffic to shops that have shopkeepers that buy and sell and make owning a shopkeeper and shop more desirable.

We could also have varying levels of shopkeepers or in some way allow them to grow to accomodate more items for both selling and buying. So a level 1 shopkeeper has basic items and functions but over time it can become a level 10 shopkeeper with advanced functions and ability to handle more items. Maybe have an unlockable progression system in some way based on some type of usage of the shopkeeper or some type of add-on acquired over time or looted in some way. hmmmm :scratch: not sure how a system like that could be implemented and not abused.

Maybe specialize shopkeepers as well depending on what they sell the most of. Just like avatars some are more skilled in hunting and others mining and crafting so shopkeepers could be broken down into tailored items, weapons, armor, tools, raw materials, components, etc etc. They could still sell all items but a level 10 weapons shopkeeper will be a pro at selling and buying weapons and have all the unlocks available.

The shop keeper which is just an automated seller could be so much more. Feel free to expand on my ideas or add some of your own or bring up potential pitfalls of improving shopkeeper functions. Maybe this is something we could propose to the developers and bring some life back to the shops.

I always wished that there was some way of taking an order from a customer via a shopkeeper, in addition to its usual functions.
For example, someone could come by and use my shopkeeper to order a full set of Serum M. I could then craft that and place it in the shopkeeper, that particular set of Serum M being available for purchase only by the person who ordered it.

Both are interesting posts and I support that :).

Reactions: Pip
Back