Info: Improve your EF experience (Or "I havent read the whole thread but...")

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
I often see posters saying they haven't read the whole thread due to the sheer number of posts (Vu release threads are especially long for example)

So a quick tip would be to go into User CP at the top, Edit Options on the left and then:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

Change that from forum default (10) up to 50 and it should make following threads much easier (and quicker).

As Entropia is down, and there are approximately 300 people reading EF right now, I thought this was a good time to share this tip!

Hope you like it. :)

glad I did that a couple years ago :yay:

that's a good tip and i have it on pemanently. Makes it soo much easier to skim through the posts.

Thats what I do, only wish that when I hit the new posts button that my listing screen could be longer too!

BTW am out of town, heading home in a few hours, have a 4 hour drive for me and am hoping to have a nice new VU waiting for me when I get home and that you all have worked out the bugs for me :)

I often see posters saying they haven't read the whole thread due to the sheer number of posts (Vu release threads are especially long for example)

So a quick tip would be to go into User CP at the top, Edit Options on the left and then:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

Change that from forum default (10) up to 50 and it should make following threads much easier (and quicker).

As Entropia is down, and there are approximately 300 people reading EF right now, I thought this was a good time to share this tip!

Hope you like it. :)

exactly how does "more posts on one page" make your speeding faster....? I still read at the same pace, it only means I don't have the little micro-pauses during which I can look away from the monitor (and rest my eyes a bit)

great tip, thanks for sharing

exactly how does "more posts on one page" make your speeding faster....? I still read at the same pace, it only means I don't have the little micro-pauses during which I can look away from the monitor (and rest my eyes a bit)

Well as an example try reading through this thread on default setting:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-entropia-universe-version-update-9-4-a.html

it is 50 pages long, change it as described above and its a more accessible 10 pages long. :)

A more typical 5 page thread would be all on one page of course.

Thanks for this tip, it makes life much easier on EF! :)

thanks for pointing this out Mega! = + rep 4 u!

As the server is down for the next 30-60 minutes, why not improve your EF experience with this one simple alteration? :cool:

Great thread. I remember you gave me this tip a year ago and I love it. But I do skim wall-o-text posts. LoL some people forget to get to the point sometimes!

Kosmos

So this is the reason EF has become so slow :laugh:

......hoping to have a nice new VU waiting for me when I get home and that you all have worked out the bugs for me :)

Version 10.7 would be a nice surprise. Will be a major download I suspect so don't hope too much about the bugs being sorted out. Anyway this may be ISP related more than EU related but you never know, 10.7 is close I believe.

My number is 20.

But: don't forget that if you set the number to 50 and the thread you read has long posts or you simply do something else while reading that slows you down, you might get logged out of EF. That might not be a problem if the auto-login is active, though I think it's something worth mentioning. :wise:

Back