Price Check Improved Imperium Armor Set

warmdogg

Prowler
Society
illuminox
BETA BINX BREAKER
Seeing as the vendors for these armours have been switched off temporarily I think it’s worth discussing the value, I’m considering the sale of my set but want to hear your thoughts on value.

my personal thoughts are that it’s a very versatile upgrade from tiger or adjusted Jaguar/boar but with the rarer evade bonus, and increased dpp boost from the crit damage. In exchange for some drone protection and impact. So 12-15k range doesn’t seem too far fetched.

index.php

pic stolen from n1ghtmare for flavour

I wouldn't say this was an upgrade from tiger. Without the bonuses I'd rate tiger higher - the better c/si/i & burn/pen more than makes up for the lack of elec and less acid. I have a set of ghoul and I wouldn't swap it for imp imp (without bonuses).

So that puts it around 5kped plus whatever you think the bonuses are worth.

I’m looking at this, adj jag, adj boar, ghoul, phantom atm. Bit of a range there but I want to move away from viceroy and upgrade a bit. I think this and adj jag are pretty close. I wouldn’t call this armour an upgrade given close protection is less than jag. And the prices indicate as much. Isn’t a set on auction starting at 7k the set? Will be interesting the result of that. 7k any day I think.

Quite the opposite, any judgement should be put on hold until we know officially what will become of these missions. Of course, there always are those who don't need their money and those who see the opportunity.

I wouldn't say this was an upgrade from tiger. Without the bonuses I'd rate tiger higher - the better c/si/i & burn/pen more than makes up for the lack of elec and less acid. I have a set of ghoul and I wouldn't swap it for imp imp (without bonuses).

I concede that it’s probably not a massive upgrade on tiger without the buffs, but it certainly isn’t worse than tiger, it lacks bot protection but as an evade based armour it does have a lot of versatility in that respect.

Seems good to me, love the free crit and evade.

Works just fine in cat 10 Practice Mayhem and also tried it on Big Feffox without any problems.

Maybe not ideal for your part time hunter, but defiantly a good grinding armour!!

If you can max out crit hit (2% basic + 9% on top), the 15% added damage per crit will really make a difference in Mayhem (unless you run EST), and also give better DPP in general. It's better than Viceroy's +1% crit. How much the imp pimp is worth is based on if whether you can afford 2x rings and a good gun or not... ALso, if the mission chain isn't restored, the rarity of the set will add some value of course.

The big chunk of acid

For mobs with partly acid, it is an upgrade:

Leviathan Old alpha: Improved Imperium/5b: 58.1 , Adjusted jag/5b: 71.4, Tiger/5b: 68.4 Angel/5b 68.9

Formicacida strong: 21.3 41,3 39,3 27,4

Proteron old: 52,8 68,9 66 58,6

Aurli Queen 48,3 60,7 57,7 47,9

to name but a few.. same applies to caperon, cersumon, (core) eviscerator, death drake, frescoquda etc. etc.

But the old stolen imperium also had that advantage already, it just got a bit better due to this one having more tt and a bit more imp/cut/stab

It's not that easy to value. Everyone wants to compare it to Adj Jag or Tiger but Adj Jag is a bot armor with a Dodge buff and Tiger has no buffs...

The closest thing would probably be Mod Viceroy I guess, so if it's like 9k ped to get a Mod Viceroy than maybe that's what this Improved Imperium should be worth. But I understand it costs a lot less than that to obtain so that price isn't going to hold up.

Try cost to obtain it +1k ped for now, it should sell if you advertise it.

Improved Imperium is much better than mod viceroy though. I'm biased, sure, but if you look at the numbers:
  • Both have the same durability.
  • Improved imperium has better imp/cut/stab and better acid.
  • Improved Imperium has electric protection, mod viceroy has none.
  • Improved Imperium has +1 cold protection over mod viceroy. Pretty pointless, I agree.
  • Improved Imperium offers 5% less evade (but it's very easy to cover with rings, if that's your issue)
  • Mod viceroy has double the Burn protection, but no Penetration at all, which the Improved Imperium has 8 points for.
  • Right now critical chance is much easier to max out than critical damage. I think this is the biggest plus over viceroy.
You are comparing a 122 total protection Improved Imperium vs a 94 total protection Mod Viceroy... So I stand by what I said, Improved Imperium is much much better than mod viceroy.

Also, I don't understand why people think it was easy or cheap to get. I had to overpay like crazy for most of the mats just to be able to get mine, because everyone was fighting for them and some depend completely on crafters and miners (collectibles and cyrenium, for example).

So if you want to price check, take this into consideration please.

PS: Mod Imperium is in a league of his own ... :drool:

Last edited:
Improved Imperium is much better than mod viceroy though. I'm biased, sure, but if you look at the numbers:
  • Both have the same durability.
  • Improved imperium has better imp/cut/stab and better acid.
  • Improved Imperium has electric protection, mod viceroy has none.
  • Improved Imperium has +1 cold protection over mod viceroy. Pretty pointless, I agree.
  • Improved Imperium offers 5% less evade (but it's very easy to cover with rings, if that's your issue)
  • Mod viceroy has double the Burn protection, but no Penetration at all, which the Improved Imperium has 8 points for.
  • Right now critical chance is much easier to max out than critical damage. I think this is the biggest plus over viceroy.
You are comparing a 122 total protection Improved Imperium vs a 94 total protection Mod Viceroy... So I stand by what I said, Improved Imperium is much much better than mod viceroy.

Also, I don't understand why people think it was easy or cheap to get. I had to overpay like crazy for most of the mats just to be able to get mine, because everyone was fighting for them and some depend completely on crafters and miners (collectibles and cyrenium, for example).

So if you want to price check, take this into consideration please.

PS: Mod Imperium is in a league of his own ... :drool:

You forgot to mention that Imp Imperium is tradable while Mod Viceroy is not.

All I said was that Mod Viceroy is probably the closest thing to it, I didn't say it was equal.

I prefer to have more Burn to be honest, Burn is much more prevalent in the game than Penetration, so that's a matter of preferance. And like you said, Imp Imperium has 5% more Evade. I don't think the Imp/Cut/Stb difference is very significant but I'd have to look, I don't remember the Mod Viceroy stats by heart.

Anyway, I still stand by the recommendation to try and sell it for cost-to-obtain +1k, that's $100 for your efforts and I think that's fair.

Was just trying to help with price-check.

I think every opinion is valid. It’s quite interesting to see what drives value for different people.

Can I necro bump this and see what the price is for a (F) Improved Imperium set? :D

15k sensible or too high?

Seen males go for 15k lately multiple, sure you could find a female set for that or typicaly alittle lower as F sets tend to always be a couple K cheaper. Gl

Back