Question: Improving Stamina and Strength

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Over the years I have been quite focused on BLP and chipped in here and there to enhance my hunting with BLP weapons.

Unfortunately and somewhat embarrassingly (I will step up and own it) my Stamina 3, Strength 47 and Agility 72 are lagging badly! :ahh: Thus I suspect I should put down my BLP weapons and go melee for a while.

Any suggestions on good mobs to camp? Planet? I have a Songkra Corrosive Dagger to play with, unless you suggest a better weapon. All my Melee skill ranks are over 45.

Cheers
Bjorn

I'm exactly in the same boat and doing just that for a while now to boost my defensive skills, which are always lagging behind. I've since prioritized any mission on any planet that gives evade/dodge, combat reflexes, athletics; strength, stamina, agility tokens. Out of those, of course some will work better than others for you depending on returns and your individual standing. My log is on Ark forum. Making more concrete recommendations is a bit tricky, what has worked for me in the past may not do so well in the future and vice versa.

I suggest u do the CP mobs, best mobs for skilling.
Or another tip,

Low HP with high LVL on a mob usually means good skillgains.

GL!

In my experience I've found heavy melee weapons gave more Strength than light melee, so it might be best to go long blades rather than a knife. I also found powerfists give more agility than strength.

I got most of my strength when it was the norm to hunt with under 10/10 hit ability with Valor or Det sword. I've got no idea these days if attributes drops have been reduced.

I've often considered getting an adjusted determination sword and going back on drones of feffs which was really good skilling (no gazz stone drops on drones anymore though).

Getting Stamina is a different beast of course, it means committing yourself to completing the whole mission chain for many old school iron challenges. If the loot pool is still there for those missions is open to debate.

If I was you I'd focus on strength, unless you're close to finishing some iron missions for stamina. Todays game seems heavily focused on events. It could be painful out there for missions.

Rick

edit : I did a ton of whipping taming, and didn't see that many strength drops.

Buy a club and a big amp, smack things, and be a boss while your strength and stamina grows :D

Apparently those whose missions reward with Stamina, there are quite a lot of those.

Secret Island gives u unlimited Stamina points from non stop grinding and doing the chain again since they are repeatable

Melee doesn't increase stamina, only strength. Only tokens increase stamina. However melee does well to improve hp.

If you havent done the Feffox mission or did not finish it yet you might give that one a go.
I like using Longblades and its not that bad for your Hp's ;)
My strength is @ 81 atm and besides that overall results on Feffox where not that bad for me.
Mu wise there are better mobs ofc.

Imo Cp is not a good suggestion btw with the Songkra, sure u can handle them but u will pay some nice decay bills.

Longtooth also is a good option when the migration starts.

Gl.

Last edited:
Secret Island gives u unlimited Stamina points from non stop grinding and doing the chain again since they are repeatable

Which chain is that?

Give small marcimex a try. No armor, just an adj resto. Great spawn too

Tell me more. I am not aware of this secret island repeatable stamina chain?

You should start hunting then the attributes will increase :) Stamina can only be increased with rewards from missions. You get htem on many 10k iron missions so it's just to go out there and grind a few of those. Did you chip out blp btw?

If you want a big Stamina increase, you could investigate the Mang Chang mission chain. They aren't easy but there is a good increase to be had there.

http://planetcyrene.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=373

If you are more interested in just general skilling up to increase your Strength, just use whatever melee weapon you prefer as much as possible in everyday hunting. It will go up, and pretty quickly at 47 pts.

:lift:

Planet Cyrene The Heart of the Plains - Rank 1 Kill 100 Mang Changs 5 Stamina Tokens
Planet Cyrene The Heart of the Plains - Rank 2 Kill 500 Mang Changs 30 Stamina Tokens
The Heart of the Plains - Rank 3 Kill 1000 Mang Changs 60 Stamina Tokens
The Heart of the Plains - Rank 4 Kill 5000 Mang Changs 304 Stamina Tokens
The Heart of the Plains - Rank 5 Kill 9000 Mang Changs Explosive Projectile Weaponry Tech, Support Weapon Systems or Plasmas Weaponry Tech + 547 Stamina Tokens

Planet Cyrene The Heart of the Plains - Rank 1 Kill 100 Mang Changs 5 Stamina Tokens
Planet Cyrene The Heart of the Plains - Rank 2 Kill 500 Mang Changs 30 Stamina Tokens
The Heart of the Plains - Rank 5 Kill 9000 Mang Changs Explosive Projectile Weaponry Tech, Support Weapon Systems or Plasmas Weaponry Tech + 547 Stamina Tokens

Thats awesome stamina gains, maybe I should try out Cyrene just for that.

Thats awesome stamina gains, maybe I should try out Cyrene just for that.

Bear in mind you will have to kill 6600 to redeem any (unless you have tokens from other missions)

Anyone have any idea why the last two stages give a non-round number of tokens? :scratch2:

Back