In game linking/links broken

hoob

Guardian
Society
Defiance
Harry Hoob Hoobler
Has anyone else run into an issue where pasting items/player links in the chat window, just results in plain text being displayed?

I've had this problem on and off for years but have yet to find a solution. Support unfortunately was not helpful.

It's pretty annoying as it means you can't pm people that are not in your friend list.

If anyone else has this issue, have you been able to find a fix?

Cheers!
HHH

I have not heard of that problem before, sorry.

My biggest issue is when trying to create a link for a waypoint on the map or space map for a location such as a space station, training grounds, space ship etc. it does not use the correct coordinate for the z axis (altitude) but instead, uses your current altitude.
This has made it next to impossible to find a ship if it is left out in space and even a space station or training grounds at times.

I have that issue pasting links all the time, only fix Ive found so far is to relog. So far that works every time as a fix

I can't create item links on some items, e.g. I was looking up the Christmas Ring 2017 in the auction house and in its information window the "copy item link"-button doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe this is a bit different as it seems to cover the copy-part of copy/paste, but the whole copy/paste-thing should be working.

I can confirm copy-paste errors, sometimes resulting in only numbers being pasted or nothing at all. Seems to be directly related to how much EU stresses my comp at a given time and how much lag I experience.

Auction house info copy-links are broken since quite some time now, unfortunately.

I can't create item links on some items, e.g. I was looking up the Christmas Ring 2017 in the auction house and in its information window the "copy item link"-button doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe this is a bit different as it seems to cover the copy-part of copy/paste, but the whole copy/paste-thing should be working.

This only works to copy an item link after inspecting someone with a scanner that is wearing an item or items that have been shared in a linked.
Not sure though if that is how MA intended it to work. Like an existing item that someone has to see or share.

Back