In PE noone can hear you scream...

ultimababe said:
OCH my god... I'm terrified of clowns :scared:

When I watched Stephen King's 'IT' for the first time I was totally creeped out :confused:

See, I loved that movie....watched it when it was first put on TV, I think I was like 8 or 9, can't remember. THe clown didn't bother me at all....but then again....I knew it was Tim Curry in the clown Suit and all I could think of was Rocky Horror. lol

First of all, I'm scared almost to death by spiders. I freeze at the sight of one, and can't move untill it's out of sight. If it ain't dead, I'm not going around where I saw it for days. And the movie Arachnophobia didn't make it better. I remember the first time I was drunk, I must have been 14 or something, I finally got to my room, turned on the tv. It was an old tv, with no remote and used 3-4 minutes to turn on. So I lay down on the bed, and there it was, Arachnophobia. I had seen it before, but it was worse while intoxicated.

I also have an intence fear of clowns, props to IT for giving me that fear. But the movie that has scared me the most, must have been "Pet Cemetery". Saw it when I was 7 or something, after reading the book. Scary shit.

The last years I've been searching for a movie that would scare me like in the old days, but it seems that noone makes it. They usually just revolve around making you jump, but the scare is away after 2 minutes.

The games that has scared me the most must be phantasmagoria and Clive Barkers "Undying". The last one is kinda ironic how I got it. I was lying in a hospital bed, 9 o'clock in the morning after an od the night before. My ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend came to visit, and had bought a gift for me. I wrapped it up, and there it was... undying. And I soon had to comment it, that game for someone who wanted to die 12 hours earlier...

ultimababe said:
OCH my god... I'm terrified of clowns :scared:

When I watched Stephen King's 'IT' for the first time I was totally creeped out :confused:

Never saw the movie but, the whole time I was reading it, my wife was playing a little joke on me. This is in addition to scaring the crap out of me..(see previous post) We had this stuffed clown that my mom made for me when I was a kid. My daughter was using it at the time and my wife kept leaving it for me to find. Sitting on the dash of my car when I went to work, hanging in the back door window when I'd come home....the little bugger kept popping up in the strangest places. It gave me a bit of a start every time.

Svetlana said:
Hmmm one of the most scary things that comes to mind is the work of the wonderful American author Edgar Alan Poe. I have read a bit of him, and repeatedly sitting on the edge of my seat in sheer horror I continued on, page after page... only to be unable to sleep for days on end. Needless to say I have not read him in at least 10 years :laugh:
The one story that comes to mind I have long since forgotten the name of, but will do a google search and see if I can find it. In short, it's the story of someone who, due to a very particular predicament, is buried alive.... Gah! I get the shivers thinking about it.

ive read taht book, its about his sister who is buried alive because she suffers from a rare disease: narcolepsy whihc makes you go into a comatose state so much like death that sometimes people will really think youre dead, anyways, the story goes something as follows: the person one day is found dead, (supposedly) is buried, and teh end is that his sister comes walking into the room where he his, he dies in shock of seeing her enter and she dies at the shock of seeing him die

I forgot to mention my emotiphobia, fear of emoticons!

Terra said:
ive read taht book, its about his sister who is buried alive because she suffers from a rare disease: narcolepsy whihc makes you go into a comatose state so much like death that sometimes people will really think youre dead, anyways, the story goes something as follows: the person one day is found dead, (supposedly) is buried, and teh end is that his sister comes walking into the room where he his, he dies in shock of seeing her enter and she dies at the shock of seeing him die

I know of that one, but it's another one about the same thing! :laugh: Actually it's a short story he wrote... will find the name. Not to blow it, but a guy agrees to be buried in some1's tomb in order for a particular something to happen (I know, stupid... but actually quite believable in the story).... while in the tomb, it's dark. he has a single match which he lights while waiting to for the tomb to be opened at the agreed upon time... only to find the person that was to open it dead inside the tomb with him!

Hitchcock's Psycho wasnt that scary on its own but try watching it and then go to shower late night - turn out lights from rest of the apartment and leave bathroom door open :laugh:

Wahahah poor Runt, pardon me for :rofl:'ing hihi :silly2: Mean brother's, mean! You should come to our cabin one easter. Little easter-bunnies are everywhere, and eggs in the snow and we make a huge easterbunny-snowman if the snow is good ^_^

Wolf said:
I love the X-Files! But there were 2 episodes that totally freaked me out. I can't remember the name of the 1st one but, it had to do with Devil Worship..couldn't even go outside for a cigarette after watching that one. The second one is called 'Home'. After it's initial release, Fox wouldn't re-run it because it was too disturbing. I have it on video. Creepy!

The first one you mention there. I dont know its name either, but: is it the one with a guy in a mentalhospital thats obsessed with the devil, and they think he did all the devil-worship murders but they dont know how he get out (and in) all the time?

If there's anything Im really scared of, then it is:
1) small spaces. Not like elevators and such, but really like... snowcaves and such that can fall over you any minute.
2) I have something called agorafobia. It simply means Im scared of crowded places. like malls.

and Im terrified of injuries to the eye. not around, but the eye itsef. Think about papercut on the eye owwww :scared:

Skam said:
Wahahah poor Runt, pardon me for :rofl:'ing hihi :silly2: Mean brother's, mean! You should come to our cabin one easter. Little easter-bunnies are everywhere, and eggs in the snow and we make a huge easterbunny-snowman if the snow is good ^_^

Hehe skam.....sounds beautiful.....not sure about the big snowbunny though ;) .
I actually have a pet bunny. Her name is Sylvia and she's adorable.

Runt said:
Hehe skam.....sounds beautiful.....not sure about the big snowbunny though ;) .
I actually have a pet bunny. Her name is Sylvia and she's adorable.

Aww I want a bunny too!

Skam NO!!! ROFL!! That's horrendous... a paper cut on the eye :scared:

ewwwww

/me rubs her eyes for about half an hour and shivvers

Actually, my nana was telling me about a TV program she watched a while back. This guy was rubbing his eye and actually rubbed the lens off :eek: ever since she told me that I try not to rub my eyeballs too hard when I get tired :confused:

Paper cuts are so small, why do they make us cringe so much?? *gah* I get all distressed when I think about them! :(

ultimababe said:
Skam NO!!! ROFL!! That's horrendous... a paper cut on the eye :scared:

ewwwww

/me rubs her eyes for about half an hour and shivvers

Actually, my nana was telling me about a TV program she watched a while back. This guy was rubbing his eye and actually rubbed the lens off :eek: ever since she told me that I try not to rub my eyeballs too hard when I get tired :confused:

Paper cuts are so small, why do they make us cringe so much?? *gah* I get all distressed when I think about them! :(

Strange, didn't we have a discussion about eyes and pain last night? *seems to recall that*

LOL Shadow-Ale.. probably :laugh:

....... eyes :scared:

I watched the move The Thing when it was new..ish. That scared me alot! I just waited for somebody to start oozing and bubble :silly: Old movie now. Kinda in the X-files genre. :dunce:

I just remembered another "scary" moment,its from the army 2,5years ago. We had been shooting with our machineguns for some hours and making all animals in the forest go deaf :D

We took a 30minute break to cook some food in your mobile kitchens where we use alcohol in a small burner which we placed under the can of food. Apparently my "friend" next to me didnt see his burner was already ignited and started pouring on some more alcohol,the bottle ignited and flew away like a small rocket pouring burning alcohol on most of us around there and my friend to my left starting burning on his throat and chin while my legs was on fire so I threw a towel (I use towels since the cans is so fuckin hot) to him so the one closest could make the fire stop while I focused on extinguishing the fire on my pants. We all made it ok,the person who started burning in the face only got small blisters due to fast treatment and I had to get new pants due to burnmarks on it

So nowadays I have second thoughs about using such burners when I am out camping with friends. It wasnt a nice experience but I am happy we all survived

silverbane said:
I watched the move The Thing when it was new..ish. That scared me alot! I just waited for somebody to start oozing and bubble :silly: Old movie now. Kinda in the X-files genre. :dunce:

I'm with you on that one SilverBane. That movie creeped me out (still does).
I wouldn't go near my pet dog for ages after watching that :eek:

Knuckles said:
I just remembered another "scary" moment,its from the army 2,5years ago. We had been shooting with our machineguns for some hours and making all animals in the forest go deaf :D

We took a 30minute break to cook some food in your mobile kitchens where we use alcohol in a small burner which we placed under the can of food. Apparently my "friend" next to me didnt see his burner was already ignited and started pouring on some more alcohol,the bottle ignited and flew away like a small rocket pouring burning alcohol on most of us around there and my friend to my left starting burning on his throat and chin while my legs was on fire so I threw a towel (I use towels since the cans is so fuckin hot) to him so the one closest could make the fire stop while I focused on extinguishing the fire on my pants. We all made it ok,the person who started burning in the face only got small blisters due to fast treatment and I had to get new pants due to burnmarks on it

So nowadays I have second thoughs about using such burners when I am out camping with friends. It wasnt a nice experience but I am happy we all survived

LOL Knuckles, that is some nasty stuff! :kos:

ultimababe said:
LOL Knuckles, that is some nasty stuff! :kos:

Trust me,it freaked the shit out of everyone :scared:

Skam said:
The first one you mention there. I dont know its name either, but: is it the one with a guy in a mentalhospital thats obsessed with the devil, and they think he did all the devil-worship murders but they dont know how he get out (and in) all the time?

Nope...I don't think that's it. Hmmmm. Alright, I'll go search for it. Let you know what I find...

This is the one Skam.....

38. Die Hand die Verletzt
gs: Susan Blommaert (Phyllis Paddock) Dan Butler (Jim Ausbury) Heather McComb (Shannon Ausbury)

The ritualistic murder of a teenager in a small town gets Mulder and Scully caught up in a secret occult practice within the local school's PTA and a substitute teacher with strange powers.

b: 27-Jan-1995 pc: 2X14 w: Glen Morgan and James Wong d: Kim Manners

NOTE: Writers Glen Morgan and James Wong left the show to create the sci-fi epic Space: Above and Beyond. The message left behind by Mrs Paddock "It's been nice working with you." served also as their goodbye to the cast and crew.
The pair returned to co-write several season 4 episodes starting with 'Home'.
'Die Hand die Verletzt' is German for "The Hand that Wounds", which is part of the satanic prayer spoken in the teaser by the members of the PTA.
In homage to Super Bowl XXIX (to be played two days after the airing of this episode) writers Morgan and Wong changed their names in the opening credits to James "Chargers" Wong and Glen "Bolts, Baby" Morgan. The San Diego Chargers ended up losing to the San Francisco 49ers, but Glen Morgan declared he wasn't superstitious enough to believe that he had jinxed his team.
The high school, Crowley High, is named for Alistair Crowley; whose theories layed much of the groundwork for modern Wicca religion.
The characters Paul Vitaris and Deborah Brown were named after prominent online X-Philes.

Back