Suggestion: Increase angel scale drops

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Light mail (refined angel scales) is used primarily to make geotrek super alloy enbolts. The drop rate for the angel scales is way too low to make a practical amount of enbolts though, so both infiltrator armor (L) and level 11 finder amplifiers (L) (UL bp version) are almost never crafted even though both are extremely viable in game right now. The BP for infiltrator armor is also limited, and really mainly competes with pegasus as a crafted armor which has significantly declined in popularity over the last year or so. So I don't really see many negatives to increasing angel scale drop rates (Coming from someone who has all of the pegasus blueprints). I think it's kind of a shame that a cool armor like infiltrator has been left behind, and having another option for high level amps would be nice.

Before the mining change, those used to drop with bigger TT size. Each drop was over 1-3 tt. Now it is down to 0.1-0.2 TT size with the same frequency of finding.

So perhaps change the TT outcome?
Not to mention, they dont drop at any other planet. Only Caly ...

Just anything that makes it a fair amount more abundant. Even in the past I don't think it really dropped enough to make anyone want to use it all the time. But yes, as it is now the amount produced is so low that it doesn't really benefit anyone. The amount dropped should bring it to a price balancing usefulness and rarity. As it is, it only holds such high value because of how hard it is to come across. Light mail could probably sustain around 1500% with 100x more being found because it would open up the market for crafters to actually care to consistently produce what it's used in. Which is beneficial for everyone. Especially miners and crafters, but I'm sure a lot of hunters and PVP players would like to have consistent access to reasonably priced infiltrator.

I think that would be a good change. Sure, the MU is high, but I've mined enough to be able to say that as it stands now, no one is looting enough to make a significant profit. More importantly, yes, it would be good to have more of those crafted items available.

Some more information for why this would be useful and relevant. Daudomaurs in the gorgon wave do 33/33/33 impact/penetration/ acid. Infiltrator has the most balanced of these 3 protections as well as the highest total protection. for limited armors The only other readily available high end armor for the gorgon waves is perseus, and perseus is pretty significantly less useful having 92 total of the 3 protections, and a lot of bleedthrough coming from penetration with only 18 penetration protection. Infiiltratior, on the other hand, has 137 total protections in these categories and 34 acid protection as it's weakest of the 3. ( comparable armors to infiltrator with total protection are sentinel with 134 total, but only 6.5 aciid leading to significant bleedthrough without large plates, and rutuba with 136 total protection. Having 33 total acid protection as it's weak point. However, as the limited variants of these armors are looted, they are not very available.)

Last edited:
Bumping this. Not sure if it's appropriate to bump something in this forum category, and it isn't particularly of more value than a lot of the suggestiong here. But I believe it to be a pretty easy fix that holds a lot of relevance for the economy.

Back