Loot Information on Mob Scans?

• Total voters

Elfie

Guardian
England, but I often stay in Rome or sometimes USA
Society
I am freelance
Elfie
This may have been suggested before, (TBH I CBA to search), or it may not. I think scanning a mob, any mob including robots etc, would be great if it included information on the items it is possible to loot from that mob and the commonness or rarity. I know there are plenty of threads about loot and mobs, but quite often it is time consuming to find the most up to date version. Personally, I would love to be able to scan a mob in game and know what it has the potential to drop so I could focus my hunting and spend more time in game than on the web looking for the info. If no or not sure, I would be interested to know the reasons as perhaps it is something I had not considered before.

Good idea...

Good to see % chance item drops as well.

Good idea but i don't see any reason why MA would waste resources on this right now. Maybe unreal? :)

Good idea but i don't see any reason why MA would waste resources on this right now. Maybe unreal? :)

Maybe, but personally I think it would be a big incentive to grow the player base. Things like this can really add to the appeal of playing.

I don't think this would be that hard to implement.. They must already have the information available (you would hope) and there is already the space available for it when scanning.

Although guess they could easily put this into the edits for unreal, which they will be doing now anyway. Nice little build

Voted no.

I think you should just hunt the mob to find out what it drops.

Let there be some mystery left in the game.

Voted no.

I think you should just hunt the mob to find out what it drops.

Let there be some mystery left in the game.

Scanning would be a choice though, an option for those who did not want the mystery and for those who did - don't scan ;)

Allow me to expand your suggestion with scanning improvements i made a while ago:

Revive SCANNING!
The more you scan a mob, the MORE ACCURATE results you get on all mob specific stats.

Beginner levels of scanning reveal some basic stats like
  • Attributes
  • spawn waypoints

Advanced levels of scanning reveal more detailed stats like
  • Attack types
  • Damage types (no ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity

Professional levels of scanning then can reveal increasingly accurate numbers for
  • Damage distribution (hit ratio for foot/shins/harness/...)
  • Damage type distribution (now with ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density
  • etc...

Master level experience in fighting a mob (combination of scans AND total numbers killed), knowing about the mobs weak spots should reward in knowledge about the mob with certain codex entries like
  • revealing this or that
  • increasing the chance for a critical hit
  • increasing the chance to evade
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density and alien mob pollution

An absolute number of successful scans (which isnt irrationally high) to reveal a certain stat would be nice, so everybody can complete his codex for a certain mob.
Scan success should be relative to mob level vs. professional level.

Last edited:
Allow me to expand your suggestion with scanning improvements i made before:
This would be the only way MA would allow this to happen, but they will NEVER EVER show drop rates of mobs.

I think rarity on drops is out of the picture, however scanning contributing to hunting in some form would be very cool.

perhaps a codex like system for each mob that increases with each scan, offering incremental buffs to damage and evade, tiny bonuses but something which would be a be worthwhile over time. Could even add a cosmetic reward at the end of it if MA were motivated enough 😂

I guess I'm quite boring when it comes to this, since I want a system that do show what a mob drop in the Codex info
but only if you have looted it earlier.
They could have blank info for each slot in the loot table though for things that we haven't looted yet so we can see
how many things that can drop, then it can be interesting to hunt just to open up these slots.
This could be a Meta challenge also with some rewards after we have found out X amount of possible loot.

I also wish we could get the info Orion mention in his post above.

I don't think this would be that hard to implement.. They must already have the information available (you would hope) and there is already the space available for it when scanning.

Although guess they could easily put this into the edits for unreal, which they will be doing now anyway. Nice little build
It would be very easy to implement for a skilled PSDC (Programmer Software Developer Coder). Once you understand the primary base code for each mob on the base programme, and that of the scanner, and other intertwining factors, it is mostly copying and pasting code already written not a re-invention of the wheel. A glass of Prosecco, refilled every now and then to keep me awake, I could write such a code in less than a week or so.

I like some of the ideas listed. But care must be taken to not reveal too much information. Apart from gear and skills, game knowledge, and more specifically mob knowledge is a key factor in becoming financially successful. We can’t all be winners, so giving information to players that otherwise don’t care to accurately track their experiences is only going to take from the players that do.

Hard pass on any drop information.

Ok with attack strength and type.
Ok with spawn location provided you have already explored the area once.
Regen speed would be nice.

The amount if info you should get should depend on your investigator level compared to the mob, so at higher investigator you start to get more info

The amount if info you should get should depend on your investigator level compared to the mob, so at higher investigator you start to get more info
I disagree. The goal should not be to to have to level this skill to get the info, but even so the skill progresses level wise the more you use it. The skill should just be a tool for players to update their own information after each update without the frustration of having to search mostly outdated websites.

The scan skill should be just that - gaining information - and available for all players. It should not be bias to those already with high scanning skills. IMO.

Back