Question: Increase Survivability

racingspider

Young
So, my foray into space ended exactly as I imagined it would, I died, no surprise really. Using a Sleipnir with only thrusters I was easily intercepted and destroyed (for only a loss to the pirates, since I had nothing and shooting guns costs money - I didn't really see the point, but oh well).

Would using an interceptor increase my chances for survival? Are they faster in space? How else can I improve my chances? I do want to travel to another planet, but with space campers I'll need a trick or two for getting by.

Not really, it's no worth the effort trying to avoid them if they're about.

If you fly past and get shot, fine, if you fly past again they really need to let you through. If not, I recommend a support case about harassment.

Or, utilise the many warp/mothership services.

get a quad. I believe they aim for seipner because they know it's slow...

Also, try flying at a different time of day/day of week...

Weekend is now... more folks play during the weekend...

Try it during a weekday sometime in the wee hours of the morning or mid-afternoon when everyone else is at work or asleep irl.

Once you get outside of Calypso's space it gets easier since fewer pirates are sitting at the ss on other planets.

How else can I improve my chances?

Try different time of day, also different day of the week. Space is quite crowded on a Friday night but empty at other times.

I've been sleiping around for more than three years and shot only twice (don't fly daily though).

Just a point of information. You don't need to fly directly to your destination planets station. All that you need to do, is to hit the planet server boundary anywhere. If you look carefully at the space map, you can see where the server boundaries are (zoom in) and set your waypoint accordingly.

Back