Help: Increasing Ranged Laser / BLP (DMG)

Sn0wst0rm

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mr Sn0wst0rmz X
Hey

I've decided to go back to hunting and obviously grinding up skills, however, I've hit a wall because there are no suitable guns available for my levels.

I'm level 13 Ranged Laser (Hit) & (Damage) and was using an Imperium HK 1100 (L) rifle, which was only gun available for my level but there have not been any for sale since I bought it, nor are there any other weapons for my level. Now I'm stuck with either having to buy a UL weapon which I'm not efficient with, that I can not skill up or switching to BLP.

Now then, My BLP skills are poor BLP Sniper Hit 9 and Ranged BLP dmg 7. I seriously don't want to have to switch to weapon type and start using crapier damage weapons so...

What can I do ? I can't see any of the skills implants above on the AH. Wtf is up with this. There seems to be a big whole in weapons so any advice is more than welcome. I also think this is of importance for new players if they come to Calypso, decide to hunt and grind levels and then hit a wall like I have. It's unbelievable that there was only one frickin gun in the universe left for me to use.

My laser pistol hit level is 10 and there isn't even a sib weapon for that either. Breer P3a dmg & Hit are both "not anymore" yet when I look at the Breer p4a dmg is not anymore and hit bonus is Not yet.
Seriously, is there a breer p3.5a ?

I feel that there are holes in the system all over the place, not just in the things you mention.

Several times I have had to grab items from another planet, or grind away with well-maxed items just to get the prof levels up.

Some of these holes have appeared after a 're-balancing'. Others have been there a long time.

I also try and use crafted items where possible, and make them myself. This often gets me by when items just aren't in the auction.

Breer P3a dmg & Hit are both "not anymore" yet when I look at the Breer p4a dmg is not anymore and hit bonus is Not yet.

"Not anymore" is what you want. That means you have it maxed and will be using it as efficiently as possible. The bonus to skilling rate you get from using unmaxed guns in their learning period isn't worth the loss in efficiency imo.

Well,

There are weapons out there, I can not tell you off the top of my head due to all the recent changes.

Have a look at the rikers/Breers.

Also take a look at pistols.

You may have to grind a bit with a maxed weapon...

For me: I found a mob I enjoyed hunting, got the iron mission and grind grind grind.

Maybe buy an amp if you haven't got one ?

This is why MA need to allow us to refine the auction so we can see what we are SIB with, I imagine this is a complicated thing to do.

Welcome to EU, some things really suck and will cause you to waste a lot of time. Others will make you tingle all over with OMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :)

Good luck.

I looted an HK1100 (L) the other day, its for sale in my Ark shop.

Elsewhere there are lots of other weapons suitable for your skills - just check out entropedia and sort by level requirement.

"Not anymore" is what you want. That means you have it maxed and will be using it as efficiently as possible. The bonus to skilling rate you get from using unmaxed guns in their learning period isn't worth the loss in efficiency imo.

second this - you want to be maxed with the particular weapon.:wise:

Don't be fooled into using weapons in SIB, any skill bonus is destroyed by the fact that you're not maxed on the weapon. Always use weapons that are SIB = not anymore and 10/10

If you want to boost your skills then hunt mobs with 50hp or less (check www.entropiawiki.com) as they give a skill bonus over bigger hp mobs, and you don't need big weapons to hunt them.

If you're favoured gun isn't available use a backup weapon. Melee weapons will give you additional hp and skilling a bit in mindforce will give u access to other chips (it's quicker to skill up to a good MF heal chip than a similar power fap)

Also, if you have skills in multiple areas then you can use more of the items you loot instead of selling them for small markup or thowing them in tt.

Don't get stuck in a rut doing the same thing, the game is dynamic and you should roll with it. Learning to adapt your gameplay to changes is highly important.

and look at the marcorp kallous line of carbine rifles

My laser pistol hit level is 10 and there isn't even a sib weapon for that either. Breer P3a dmg & Hit are both "not anymore" yet when I look at the Breer p4a dmg is not anymore and hit bonus is Not yet.
Seriously, is there a breer p3.5a ?

My main weapon skill is around level 30 or so, but sometimes if there are no available guns suitable for my level, or if I think the markup is too high (I won't pay 150% for a L weapon) I will downgrade a bit and skill on the lower level Iron Challenge missions. Kill low maturity merps or something naked with a TT weapon like the knife or fist. This will give you other skills which will contribute to your HP and evader level.

Temporarily switching to BLP or a TT weapon will also diversify your available weapons, if you can't find a suitable weapon for your level. Say your laser sniper is level 14 and your BLP pistoleer is 7. Switching to a lower BLP might save you peds on markup (say, a 105% BLP pistol vs a 150% laser carbine), and also skills you up to use higher level BLP weapons. It will eventually increase the level of your laser sniper, from related skills (like aim) although a bit slower than a laser carbine would.

http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/Image:Pistoleer_weap_chart5b.jpg

This chart is a bit dated since there are more weapon choices now, but you can see that there are a few pistols between the P3a and P4a.

as many has stated, only. use maxed.
what you can do to speed skilling up is to add amp,p3 can at least take a102,perhaps a103. gives you better eco as well

Have a look at the Arkadia weapons. After the last VU there is now a continuous series available and the weapon designations have also been changed so the the number in the gun name is the minimum level needed. So with the maxed level being 5 levels more than the minimum, its easy to work out which gun you can use effectively. There is a list on the Arkadia forum, I don't have a link, but it should be easy to find.

Kallous series is nice,

if you have 13 in hit/dmg you can use kallous-3 which is maxed at 13..with an a104 amp and if you get it for 125% or less the dpp is above 2.9 which is great and with the a104 amp, dps is 20.69 which is good for most low level mobs. Also since kallous 3 dropps from Argo Elites they are in an abundance so they aren't overpriced.

So that's my suggestion if you want to use LSH weapons.
Another option would be Jester D-4 (L), does 21.41 dps and dpp is above 2.9 if you can get it for 117% or less.

I have no clue when it comes to BLP so won't suggest any.

My tip is use entropiawiki.com to find out what weapons you max and play around with the weapon compare tool to see what weapons you can use and what your personal max price for them are to get the eco you want.

I never buy weapons with lower than 2.9 dpp since I do the noob missions (Argo, Drone, Longu etc) and you rarely (if ever) get anything worth selling for MU, so you have to cut your expenses then, by being stingy with MU of weapons and such.

Good Luck and happy hunting!

Have a look at the Arkadia weapons. After the last VU there is now a continuous series available and the weapon designations have also been changed so the the number in the gun name is the minimum level needed. So with the maxed level being 5 levels more than the minimum, its easy to work out which gun you can use effectively. There is a list on the Arkadia forum, I don't have a link, but it should be easy to find.

I agree with the above as to the nice series that Ark now have. However, I have found it next to impossible to get the ones that are suitable for my level!

Back