Indoor vs Outdoor mining mechanics

Nick Co0Lio

Mature
Hello :)

My question is... based on your experience... other than the obvious (less finder range, bigger claims...) ARE THE MECHANICS the same for INDOOR and OUTDOOR mining?

So... does MA use the same mining system or not? That's the question. Or did MA make a new system for indoor?

Seems like the same system with variables changed which you listed above. Fields are relative to what they contain but each claim has variables associated with it in a sense. X,Y, Z for depth, time dependent, and resource churn. I don't think they use two different systems but the system is something they can change parameters on as they see fit for location.

Someday I want to do testing on finder radius. It’s possible that the reduction of finder radius indoors is what entirely accounts for the increased claim size. That would mean increasing radius would decrease claim size.

I somewhat doubt that’s the case, but that’s what would need to be tested against. If that idea is the case though, that would mean mechanics are the same indoor and outdoor with only the finder radius being changed as a variable.

What I bet is more likely without data to talk about is that MA just set up slightly different systems between the two for what the base claim size is while happening to reduce radius rather than that radius reduction causing the claim size increase.

Just two possible scenarios.

The radius doesn't matter, it probably made sense in the days of loot 1.0. The claim does not have x y z coordinates. They don't have time to be reborn. The depth of the search only affects the ability to find a specific type of resource. You can run in circles for hours and drop the probe, and you will get the same results as if you carefully dropped probes with LBML. To understand the principle of mining on Foma or underground, look at crafting under the maximum condition.

Back