Ingame Chat?!?

zeusrocktropian

Dominant
Society
Sons of Anarchy
Bondrea Zeus Andrei
So... I've been logging off and on for 5 hours straight now and the chat has not loaded once. Is there a workaround for this? Will there be a fix before Unreal Engine in 2-3 years?

This being something that will reduce activity in-game maybe MA has a look at this?

I find this a little annoying to say the least.

PS: For more details about the issue please contact me in the chat in-game.

I have no chat pop up issue since an year now with some of the logins.
Have to restart the game every time when its launched and chat not shows up.
And its not just ingame chat, but the UI also not works properly.
Hall of Fame list needs half min to load in every page, i click professions icon, need half minute to pop up, open skills window too.
AH need half minute to load in every new page if its loads in at all.

Sometimes the game works for the first lanuch properly, sometimes i need like 5-6 login to get a working one finally.
Sometimes i had to log in multiple times for days every time i want to play, sometimes its gone and no issue for a week.

Last year i started a thread about it, but not really found anybody with similar issue.
Peoples mostly said its my PC, which i belived and not bothered with finding solution anymore.
Unfortunately its probably not my PC, as during MM i had internet issues and started to use a laptop with an other internet provider and after like a week, this same issue started to happen on that laptop too, so i dont think anymore its my PC related issue.

Made a support ticket about it and i got the following answer at yesterday:

We suggest that you do a complete uninstall of Entropia Universe, once you have done so, please make sure that there are no remaining folders and files from your previous install, please follow these steps below.

First off, uninstall Entropia Universe, make sure that there are no remaining files from the previous install. Please check the folders, Program, Program (x86) or (x64) and the hidden Folder "ProgramData" for any remaining Entropia Universe Files.

In order to show hidden folders in your local disc, Open File Explorer from the taskbar. Select View - Options - Change folder and search options. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and press "OK".

Then visit our website and download a new installer, since it has been updated and improved and install the client.

I did it at today, well, i dont know if it will work, will see overtime, as sometimes i dont have it for a longer period of time and last time even a verify solved it for a few days.
Also my soc mates recommended to lower the connection speed, i dont know why, but i guess it cant make the login issue more annoying so giving it a try.
Hopefully it is solving for me, will see sooner or later, the last 2 logins for today were fine at least.

Thanks for the reply, let me know if that works so I can reinstall it too.

The only hardware related issue i see that could cause auch issues would be an IO bottleneck. So if you're still running a oldskool harddisk with spinning rust it might be time to upgrade to an SSD

The only hardware related issue i see that could cause auch issues would be an IO bottleneck. So if you're still running a oldskool harddisk with spinning rust it might be time to upgrade to an SSD
The game is installed on SSD, my pc is not new, but the laptop was pretty new and also was on SSD on it, so probably not the case, at least not at here.
Btw, today login was also worked fine at first time, so far 3 logins without an issue.

I have installed on a SX8200 Pro, reinstalled the game, cleared the files, reinstalled it.

Does the same thing, chat doesn't load on first try, second if I'm lucky, hope I don't get to log off and on for 5 hours again..

Your router has virus. I had same issue and replaced router.

After the end of MM i had internet issues, and the internet provider's router were changed, issue were there before and after too.
When i used the laptop, that used an other internet provider's internet from a different router.
It seems to me it is not router related issue.
Also i had not a single issue during this year playing other games the same time.

What OS are you running?

You could try these steps and see if it helps:

from: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/technical-issues-1/start-login-connection-fa/

1. Try lowering your Connection setting in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
  2. Open these ports in your firewall:
    • 20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
    • 80 (Outbound)
    • 30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
    • 30583 (TCP Outbound)
    • 554 (TCP Inbound)
  3. If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has Ports 20,21, 30584 and 30583 forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the f irmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)
  4. Try disabling the sound in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window

Router has a virus??? lol

Chat issues often occur once after a game update/maintenance time...relog should fix it..only thing I would suggest is to be sure the game is installed on main operating system drive and reduce connection speed to 512k in game launcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Router has a virus??? lol

Chat issues often occur once after a game update/maintenance time...relog should fix it..only thing I would suggest is to be sure the game is installed on main operating system drive and reduce connection speed to 512k in game launcher

Why the reduced connection speed is helping?
I mean, i did it right after the reinstall, since that i had not a single issue, but idk if its because the reinstall or the connection speed.

Thanks for the reply, let me know if that works so I can reinstall it too.

Worked for the first 2 weeks, its on downhill since, restarted with the sometimes need of 2nd login to work, than almost always needed a 2nd login, this week its back at often just the 4-5th login works.

Sent new support ticket to see if they have any other idea i can try, this time the answer was "forwarded to responsible team, stay tuned for release notes", so guess i have to reinstall the game every 2-3 weeks.

Think it's more related to how busy is the server your avatar is in. Try teleporting to a less busy area (server) and it will be better, it's what I found so far.

LE: to answer rest of the suggestions.
I have tried lowest connection to highest connection, it didn't make a different, and I don't see how it will. On the other hand my internet connection is at 500Mbs
I don't see how a port can be blocked as sometimes it does work, so even if it's a dynamic port they are usually all blocked or all allowed
As for the sound... I would like to use the sound :)

Last edited:
Think it's more related to how busy is the server your avatar is in. Try teleporting to a less busy area (server) and it will be better, it's what I found so far.
Im on Cyrene currently, its not Cyrene related, had it on Caly too ofc, and i useually log off at arch island on Caly, which isnt really populated.
Cyrene have only 1 server, if i have this issue, others should have too.

So... I've been logging off and on for 5 hours straight now and the chat has not loaded once. Is there a workaround for this? Will there be a fix before Unreal Engine in 2-3 years?

This being something that will reduce activity in-game maybe MA has a look at this?

I find this a little annoying to say the least.

PS: For more details about the issue please contact me in the chat in-game.
since yesterday i've been having the same issue. when the game loads up i get an error saying "an internal error has stoped chat window to load. please restart the game"
it took me 10 logins to get it to work. contacted MA support, they closed my support case without saying anything useful

since yesterday i've been having the same issue. when the game loads up i get an error saying "an internal error has stoped chat window to load. please restart the game"
it took me 10 logins to get it to work. contacted MA support, they closed my support case without saying anything useful
Did you clicked on some -"Earn money sharing WIFI" link?

Most of these connectivity issues (login, update, chat, ...) can be resolved just by using better DNS.

Change your DNS to one of the following:
  • Google: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
Cloudflare has faster resolve times, those are the ones I use. You also get improved security and response times on all your internet browsing ;)

Most of these connectivity issues (login, update, chat, ...) can be resolved just by using better DNS.

Cloudflare has faster resolve times, those are the ones I use. You also get improved security and response times on all your internet browsing ;)
I would go with CloudFlare between those two, too.

tnx guys! lowered connection speed 50 kb/s, and got my chat back!

this is retarded... i am on my 6th login attempt and still interface error!
and btw MA closed my support case with no explanation or solution

this is retarded... i am on my 6th login attempt and still interface error!
and btw MA closed my support case with no explanation or solution
We'll have you tried the tips posted here?

For example, seems to work for others.

so there's an update to this ongoing situation for this: my brother has logged in on MY PC with his account 10 times in a row and he doesn't get the same issue. so it seems that this issue is ACCOUNT related NOT game related or internet related.
so WHY do some accounts get this !? MA support just closed the support ticket without explanation when i asked about this

After i told them the recommendations i got not worked, they just wrote to check updates and closed my ticket too.
Well, i can tell updated graphic on survey probes not solved it, keep waiting.

Tbh these days are not that bad, rarely have to try 4-5 times, most of the logins good at 1st or 2nd try.

Just an FYI in case anyone else had this issue - i play on hotspot with a few different devices depending on how much data ive used for the month. One of the devices i would disconnect every 10-15 minutes and couldnt figure out why. lowering the connection speed helped and no longer having the issue! Thanks everyone just wanted to drop a line since it helped.

Just an FYI in case anyone else had this issue - i play on hotspot with a few different devices depending on how much data ive used for the month. One of the devices i would disconnect every 10-15 minutes and couldnt figure out why. lowering the connection speed helped and no longer having the issue! Thanks everyone just wanted to drop a line since it helped.
i tried this and has no effect

Back