Install Error - with new MSI Gaming Laptop.

SpikE Odets

Prowler
Society
AO
SpikE SpikE Odets
I have recently gotten a new MSI Gaming laptop and when trying to install EU on this i get the following error:

I am currently waiting for a reply from support about this, but anyone that has put in a case knows how long they can take and hoping someone else has see and fixed this issue in the past.

SpikE

Have you tried deleting that file in your installation path to force a re-download?

Close the client. Go to your installation folder, and navigate to: public_users_data\dynamic_content\

Once inside that folder delete all the shared_platform_0X.pak files (where "X" is a number 1 to 6). Then start the client again.

That would be the first thing I'd try, it's the first time I hear of this particular issue.

I was able to get this sorted by using a flash drive to copy my complete install from my last laptop onto this one. But to answer your questions.. i tried a few things to get it sorted..

tried running as admin
tried turning down dl speed in client loader
uninstalled - delete entire folder from hd to make sure it was gone
tried installing all in one folder instead of 2 separate folders the client loader suggests

Every time would come up with the same error I posted. Not sure if it was something with this laptop.. or something on MA's end that has changed and the client loader sees it as a issue.

Have you tried deleting that file in your installation path to force a re-download?

Close the client. Go to your installation folder, and navigate to: public_users_data\dynamic_content\

Once inside that folder delete all the shared_platform_0X.pak files (where "X" is a number 1 to 6). Then start the client again.

That would be the first thing I'd try, it's the first time I hear of this particular issue.

That is one thing i did not try, every time reinstalled i would uninstall in windows and run the installer again. I have gotten this sorted out.. but hopefully this is not a issue for new players as they will not have the option of just using flash drive to copy 24 gigs over to bypass the install option.

SpikE

Back