Interested in veteran opinions

LunaK

Young
Hello! I'm curious, if you had a 10k [usd, ~99k ped] investment and a brand new character, what would you do [hunting profession]. What weapons / path / armor / heal type / planet etc.

with only 10k I would focus on mining profession if your goal in this game is to sustain yourself on the long run and or even profit.
You can combine that with crafting low level stuff that people use which you can sell it for a small margin but I wouldn't allocate too much bankroll to that.

mining mining mining.

If the question was only 10k ped then healing healing healing until you get enough ped to do mining mining mining

If the question was 3k ped then taming taming taming until 10k ped to do Healing healing healing

I apologize for not being a veteran

but seems that I am the only one that can correctly read 10k USD = 100.000 PED so far
and the request to use Hunting profession......

1. use TT Weapon until you reach level to use a small 2.0 weapon (a peashooter for progression 80ish eff)
bp20- bc-30 - weak argos that will cost you around 20 to 30k

choose the looter path for growth (anatomy /alertness/perception + analysis from type 4 codex rewards and tree cutting to develop side skills

get an Halloween20 ring for right hand for life steal and looter

the 40k remaining ped are for ammo

kill em all

Last edited:
As a new player in today's Entropia, I'd get my hands on a lp-40 perf (max it with sib (L) weapons). Pick handgun/laser weaponry rewards from codex to max it sooner. Continue to use the lp-40 perf and grind codex (looter rewards) and mayhem at lower cats until reach sufficient enough skills and build up enough bankroll to invest in bigger gun.

Thanks for sharing the link, I actually read thru that prior to posting. Fairly different spend $'s
with only 10k I would focus on mining profession if your goal in this game is to sustain yourself on the long run and or even profit.
You can combine that with crafting low level stuff that people use which you can sell it for a small margin but I wouldn't allocate too much bankroll to that.
Can I confirm that you understood 10k USD, 100k ped? Would you still recommend mining over hunting?
mining mining mining.

If the question was only 10k ped then healing healing healing until you get enough ped to do mining mining mining

If the question was 3k ped then taming taming taming until 10k ped to do Healing healing healing
:ROFLMAO:

but seems that I am the only one that can correctly read 10k USD = 100.000 PED so far

1. use TT Weapon until you reach level to use a small 2.0 weapon (a peashooter for progression 80ish eff)

choose the looter path for growth (anatomy /alertness/perception + analysis from type 4 codex rewards and tree cutting to develop side skills

kill em all
Best answer so far! Appreciate that. You're recommending BLP and mix of rifles & pistols? Or is that just to level up and switch to something later?

You laugh, but taming is a consistent 7ish ped an hour profit which can get you to healing people for about 30-60 ped an hour. So...not sure what you're laughing at. Take about a month and a half to get to a mod2350 with only a 200 ped depo.

kill em all
Disagree,

pump defense skills, evade dodge & hp :) looter skills will come themselves over time.

Ares perfected - 4-5k
Easter 2021 - 20-ish k? / or viceroy modified + some other cheaper ring like xmas 15, summer 18 etc, that way you solved armor issue as well
60 dps weapon AT LEAST, 2.0 or 1.0 at 60% eff - from 8-30k ?

whatever you chose, make sure you have 30k ped bankroll at least, so you can stack whatever you are farming and sell for bigger markup. Also with such an investment, you need to take into consideration that you have to shoot, and leave your real life behind like many did.

I suggest you make smaller investment ($100-200) and try out the game a bit, use tt weapons or some other low level weapon until you figure out how to survive, by survive mean how to break even after certain period of time.

best of luck

You laugh, but taming is a consistent 7ish ped an hour profit which can get you to healing people for about 30-60 ped an hour. So...not sure what you're laughing at. Take about a month and a half to get to a mod2350 with only a 200 ped depo.
Oh please don't take offense, I'm amused by the wording and repetition, healing healing healing taming taming taming. That language style I find entertaining! Also as in OP, I'd prefer hunting

Suljie goes the second available path.. defense and go for bigger targets... a nice alternative.

those 3 weapons are one alternative tot he other 2 using them to skill up
a 25kish BC30 can lead you with an amp to kill 1500 HP monsters efficiently
(there are about 500 meta points to collect with those weapons)

level 40 to 80 game offer few alternatives (sadly)

LP40 cost too much and would take you off bankroll for ammo and storage

60 dps weapon AT LEAST, 2.0 or 1.0 at 60% eff - from 8-30k ?
Appreciate your post! Very insightful. Could you clarify what you mean by this? I've spent a long time looking thru weapon options on the wiki but not sure what this means 2.0 1.0.

1.0 and 2.0 references to the new looting system loot 2.0 which came a few years ago. 2.0 weapons generally have higher efficiency, DPP and DPS.

Suljie goes the second available path.. defense and go for bigger targets... a nice alternative.

those 3 weapons are one alternative tot he other 2 using them to skill up
a 25kish BC30 can lead you with an amp to kill 1500 HP monsters efficiently
(there are about 500 meta points to collect with those weapons)

level 40 to 80 game offer few alternatives (sadly)

LP40 cost too much and would take you off bankroll for ammo and storage
Too expensive too little dps. Build crit and defense, as defense will give immediate ped saving compared to looter.

Skill up for LP40 Perf, buy LP40 Perf, skill to 100 looter.

Something like that :D

Too expensive too little dps. Build crit and defense, as defense will give immediate ped saving compared to looter.
Am I misunderstanding loot 2.0? I thought armor decay has been significantly reduced in the grand scheme of things because 95% of the decay goes back into your tt returns and you want to prioritize looter+efficiency if you want to save PEDs. Are you saying 60% efficiency with high evader is better for your tt returns than picking up a 80-90% effi gun and prioritizing looter levels?

Am I misunderstanding loot 2.0? I thought armor decay has been significantly reduced in the grand scheme of things because 95% of the decay goes back into your tt returns and you want to prioritize looter+efficiency if you want to save PEDs. Are you saying 60% efficiency with high evader is better for your tt returns than picking up a 80-90% effi gun and prioritizing looter levels?
healing and armor decay loss is bigger then gain on looter in some cases.

There is a gain from having strong defense in the sense that allows you access to more opportunities, but PED saving would come from the fact that having low looter would get you back less return on your decay so probably not worth going too much into defense until you get to a sustainable point and notice that defense improvement would actually bring you real benefits... plus there are so many limited looted armors below 115% that are really good. Adj resto is the first piece in the gear that's needed. Weapon is very important but going for Lp40 I don't know... I think it's better to actually go for melee or mindforce for the long run than ranged. Better and cheaper amps, cheaper weapons. To avoid going for bad advices (which are plenty on the forums) you need to know the game very well until making any big moves. Skip the skilling part and try to go for directly for markup. This will save you the most money. If it has no markup, don't kill it. Codex can be done passively. ALL skill rewards should go into looter. Ares rings are good enough. Scale up when you profit.

An actual feedback I got from MA was to focus on one thing, now this may be outdated, but I'd agree - pick a profession and stick with it. I also agree mining would be most sustainable and easy to get into quickly. I don't know enough about it to say what to get, but I am fairly certain you wouldn't need a very high priced item (finder) or extractor.
If it was me with that to invest I'd be buying a Fap 2600 or 2300, Hedoc Mayhem, Imp or Mod (forget which is the cheaper one) It has it's ups and downs as far as activity, but pretty consistent return to where you'll pay off that item.

That's all I got - GL!

You didn't say anything about what your goal was... So it's hard to answer. Almost everyone will have a different answer since people's targets or goals will be different.

Really appreciate the feedback from everyone - great insights!

I find it interesting nobody specifically recommended leaving Calypso -- or is that implied in hunting things with MU only?

MF appeals to me stylistically (decades of playing caster classes in mmos), Laser appeals to me for the clear laddering options for Laser -- LP40 perf, LP70 fen, LP100 mod etc, Melee appeals to me for the health/defense stacking and also style points. Tough choice!

You didn't say anything about what your goal was... So it's hard to answer. Almost everyone will have a different answer since people's targets or goals will be different.
Participate and do well in the quarterly(?) events, and be able to have fun+sustain in game without needing infusions. I don't plan to play with the intent of taking out. If that helps!

Really appreciate the feedback from everyone - great insights!

I find it interesting nobody specifically recommended leaving Calypso -- or is that implied in hunting things with MU only?

MF appeals to me stylistically (decades of playing caster classes in mmos), Laser appeals to me for the clear laddering options for Laser -- LP40 perf, LP70 fen, LP100 mod etc, Melee appeals to me for the health/defense stacking and also style points. Tough choice!

Participate and do well in the quarterly(?) events, and be able to have fun+sustain in game without needing infusions. I don't plan to play with the intent of taking out. If that helps!
MF UL weapons are pretty cheap since not a lot of ppl use them

If you are new and have no skills than i am not sure how much it matters what you use, so long as you use decent weps (not like the grindhouse weps lol).

The EFF/DPS is not going to matter until you skill up a bit? - I am sure smarter people than me will correct this if i am wrong but at zero skills you are not maxed on anything but as you skill up and max out the weps you can trade up to better EFF/DPS weps as you need.

The current TT pistol or the old TT weps like HK100, SI scorpion and the amp you get from the gold or platinum package from web shop gets you over 60 EFF but you can check on WIki. just check what weps can use the amp as there are minimum DMG needed to use the amp efficiently and i do not recall if it works on all these old TT weps.. There are also UL A10x amps you can buy in game too.

For melee there are a few decent UL cheap weps like SI short blade (old TT wep), falx and some others - you can buy cheap and skill fine with for at least first 10- 15 levels. Melee = HP but you will get hit a lot more and at low level that's a pain but you build evade so grab some low level armor and chop chop!

There are good L weps too if you don't mind paying the MU. Armatrix has nice EFF on most items.

Once you play the game then decide - Like Sulje said above. Its not as easy as spend 10K $ and profit. No matter what anyone tells you or trys to sell you.

when you get skills yea a lot of the items people mentioned above would be pretty nice to have.. but even with really nice gear there are no guaranteed profits.

There is a gain from having strong defense in the sense that allows you access to more opportunities, but PED saving would come from the fact that having low looter would get you back less return on your decay so probably not worth going too much into defense until you get to a sustainable point and notice that defense improvement would actually bring you real benefits... plus there are so many limited looted armors below 115% that are really good. Adj resto is the first piece in the gear that's needed. Weapon is very important but going for Lp40 I don't know... I think it's better to actually go for melee or mindforce for the long run than ranged. Better and cheaper amps, cheaper weapons. To avoid going for bad advices (which are plenty on the forums) you need to know the game very well until making any big moves. Skip the skilling part and try to go for directly for markup. This will save you the most money. If it has no markup, don't kill it. Codex can be done passively. ALL skill rewards should go into looter. Ares rings are good enough. Scale up when you profit.
Except there are no UL options for both mindforce and melee if you don't go endgame 150k plus. For MF all chips except 150k plus ones have shit efficiency and low ish dpp. For long/short blades there are 1.0 with shit effi and low dpp and a shrapnel coversion loss of 1% (double crap), a few LB-40imp for 50k and next is 3-400k nanoblades with high lvl req.

How can this be the best path?

Except there are no UL options for both mindforce and melee if you don't go endgame 150k plus. For MF all chips except 150k plus ones have shit efficiency and low ish dpp. For long/short blades there are 1.0 with shit effi and low dpp and a shrapnel coversion loss of 1% (double crap), a few LB-40imp for 50k and next is 3-400k nanoblades with high lvl req.

How can this be the best path?
(L) MF and Melee tend to cost less than 105% so might not need UL

(L) MF and Melee tend to cost less than 105% so might not need UL
For MF L i agreed but I skilled with Gen 8-11 chips just a bit in the evenings a few weeks ago and emptied auction of various chips only by that. Not a good option for grinding. You still have shit effi and dpp tho so I would say there's tons of better options in the laser/blp world where you have a range of high effi guns from low to high level and low to high price.

For melee 105% without shrap consumption would make it very expensive to hunt. Even armatrix at 120% is like 1%markup input at medium effi and that will be pricey to hunt with in the long run.

Miner= improved excavator,adjusted chikara refiner- 25k ped invest+ (optional unlimited amp level 3 best option for 30-35k ped) total 60k invest, 40k use to cycle....pros-easy sustainable/profitable, relly not much space for error
Build some decent hp in begining and increase your ped card!
Cons-becomes super boring after couple months/years and your avatar will be super weak

Hunter-with 100k probably lp 40 is best advice and will carry your ass for a very long time, there are other decent and cheaper options....bp 20,bc 30 + easter 2021/ares perf or hallo 21+easter22 for budget...(personaly adjusted resto,summer 2020-left hand ring doesnt matter)
Pros-you will have much more fun, exploring content and your avatar will grow powerful in time.

Cons-it will take time knowledge and aditional invest in future if you relly wanna shine as hunter...competitive scene is much stronger here....

Best of luck!

Cons-it will take time knowledge and aditional invest in future if you relly wanna shine as hunter...competitive scene is much stronger here....
Shine? Competitive?
maybe i am in a differetn game, one where i fight against ped card decay...

Back