Interested in veteran opinions

Except there are no UL options for both mindforce and melee if you don't go endgame 150k plus. For MF all chips except 150k plus ones have shit efficiency and low ish dpp. For long/short blades there are 1.0 with shit effi and low dpp and a shrapnel coversion loss of 1% (double crap), a few LB-40imp for 50k and next is 3-400k nanoblades with high lvl req.

How can this be the best path?
You're worried about nano blades being expensive for a new player? You should rather be worried about everyone suggesting a new player a LP40 perfected, 80-100k? before he's getting the basics in this game? There are a bunch of players with 2.0 weapons that loose a ton so a tool will not do wonders. I would advice on starting with a much cheaper equipment in order to avoid massive frustration and disappointment due to wrong expectations...
On melee and MF you have 2.0 amps that can be used on a lot cheaper L weapons. As stated above, a ton of MF chips are 105%, the TEN series is decent at low level. On melee there are some UL options from Arkadia, from Cyrene. People throw in TT thousands of peds worth of lvl 40-60 melee weapons because ppl don't know and don't care about them....
Advising for the LP40 is not like the next step after this is going to be super cheap.... the best option would be a BP110 which is more on T0 than a FEN T8 MF chip + great amp. On melee there are the claws, maces, later on, a SB90... there are a ton of options if you look on wiki.

If you want better player retention stop shoving end game gear in new player's faces, it will get super frustrating very fast without knowledge. Those tools should be purchased once one knows their way around the game pretty well. Took me 3-4 year but I managed to grind equipment worth well over 1mil ped with a third of this guy's depo..

Again, start smaller and scale up gear and turnover when it makes sense, when results are showing that an increase of DPS would increase the profit or it would achieve sustainability to make the step to 2.0.

Please be more mindful when advising new players, bad advice and unexperienced mentors are no. 1 cause for players giving up....

You're worried about nano blades being expensive for a new player? You should rather be worried about everyone suggesting a new player a LP40 perfected, 80-100k? before he's getting the basics in this game? There are a bunch of players with 2.0 weapons that loose a ton so a tool will not do wonders. I would advice on starting with a much cheaper equipment in order to avoid massive frustration and disappointment due to wrong expectations...
On melee and MF you have 2.0 amps that can be used on a lot cheaper L weapons. As stated above, a ton of MF chips are 105%, the TEN series is decent at low level. On melee there are some UL options from Arkadia, from Cyrene. People throw in TT thousands of peds worth of lvl 40-60 melee weapons because ppl don't know and don't care about them....
Advising for the LP40 is not like the next step after this is going to be super cheap.... the best option would be a BP110 which is more on T0 than a FEN T8 MF chip + great amp. On melee there are the claws, maces, later on, a SB90... there are a ton of options if you look on wiki.

If you want better player retention stop shoving end game gear in new player's faces, it will get super frustrating very fast without knowledge. Those tools should be purchased once one knows their way around the game pretty well. Took me 3-4 year but I managed to grind equipment worth well over 1mil ped with a third of this guy's depo..

Again, start smaller and scale up gear and turnover when it makes sense, when results are showing that an increase of DPS would increase the profit or it would achieve sustainability to make the step to 2.0.

Please be more mindful when advising new players, bad advice and unexperienced mentors are no. 1 cause for players giving up....
He asked for the best use of 10k usd for hunting...I truly can't think of a better use of 10k peds in the long term.

If you want the least expensive path to looter 100, I can't think of anything better/more forgiving than throwing the peds into lp40 perf+imp a105.

If the question was, "I'm not sure if I want to invest 10k into the game, what's the best way for me to get a taste of the game with x amount of peds?", my advice would of course be very different :D

He asked for the best use of 10k usd for hunting...I truly can't think of a better use of 10k peds in the long term.

If you want the least expensive path to looter 100, I can't think of anything better/more forgiving than throwing the peds into lp40 perf+imp a105.

If the question was, :I'm not sure if I want to invest 10k into the game, what's the best way for me to get a taste of the game with x amount of peds?", my advice would of course be very different :D
I know what he asked. Cheap shit and keep 90k for turnover is the best investment for a new player, with 99k ped.

I know what he asked. Cheap shit and keep 90k for turnover is the best investment for a new player, with 99k ped.
This is also a legitimate path for sure. Perhaps people also need to try out the less efficient weapons first to appreciate the impact of efficiency on returns.

I'm thinking, if I had an avatar with absolutely no skills, and want to reduce my cost to play as fast as possible, getting as high efficiency as I can afford, while retaining some bankroll is what I would do. At about ~2% TT savings from using anything at 63% efficiency versis ~90%, that adds up quick. The sooner efficiency goes up, the less the overall cost of improving looter lvls.

I would assume the time it takes to get to lvl 40 for the lp40 perf the player would have gotten enough of a sense of the game to decide if it is something worth investing in...

Jhereg do you realize that a LP40 absorbs 80% of the budget?
and that a 80 eff weapon leaves 60k more to ammo budget ?
how much do you estimate it?
60.000 / 0.007 = 8.571.428 Peds shot later......you perceive the difference from a BC30 and a LP40...... (IF EFF IS A LINEAR FUNCTION)
pls......

60.000 / 0.007 = 8.571.428 Peds shot later......you perceive the difference from a BC30 and a LP40...... (IF EFF IS A LINEAR FUNCTION)
pls......

It depends on the scale you think about (How many millions is required to bring looter lvl to 80+)

But BC30 is 2/3 the dps of lp60. A better comparison might be lr40 fen, so maybe a 20-30k difference in price for those two guns.

Assuming difference between using 60 and 90% eff weapons, neglecting dpp gain, you are looking at saving 20k peds ever 1 million cycled. You can scale that by however many millions you expect to cycle over the lifetime of your avatar.

80% vs 90% is maybe 0.7% tt return difference. So 7k peds saved per 1 million cycled.

While everyone is talking about weapons and looter skills, just thought I would give a little advice regarding your health bar. I've already posted this in my Armor Guide thread, which you should read btw as it has a ton of basic info about armor (link in my signature below), but basicly, the way that the game is set up right now, there are a few basic things that any hunter will not be able to avoid buying as he or she progresses in the hunting profession, so I tried to point out what these are and why:

This is highly subjective and I invite people to find out what works for them, for their setup and their hunting style.

I haven't really spent much time studying Rings and buffs as I have armor, but I can say that Life-Steal and DPS can and does make a huge difference in making a small armor useful against very big mob. As a way of example, a level 85 hunter using a level 80 weapon with a ring that gives him a few points of life-steal could make Gremlin armor work for hunting Brood of Dotty on CP whereas there's just no way I could do that at level 51 using a level 45 gun with no life-steal or buffs. And so I think that's why life-steal is very often part of any higher level hunter's overall strategy.

A somewhat intuitive and 'natural' progression through the ranks for anyone serious about hunting will probably look something like:

Mandatory acquisitions for hunters - in order:
1. Graduation armor (because it's free and a good low-level armor)
2. Set of Mk. 5B plates (because these are the best Impact/Cut/Stab plates)
3. Ghost armor set (because it's a very cheap set, and a nice boost after the graduation armor has become too weak)
4. Adj Boar/Jag or Mod Viceroy or another mid-level UL armor (to bridge the gap and open up new mobs)
5. Adj Resto chip (to extend the usefulness of your mid-level armor further, a lot further, at a relatively cheap cost)
6. Rings with life-steal and/or dps buffs ( to extend the usefulness of your mid-level armor even further, at a relatively cheap cost)
7. Eventually an uber UL armor (talking about armors that cost over 40k here)

This is just for the health protection (armor, FAPs, Life-Steal, etc...), it doesn't cover UL weapon acquisitions which are very important as well and would probably fit in somewhere between 4 and 5 and again after 6.

Where 6 is now is where professional healers used to fit in very nicely, sadly life-steal has now almost killed the profession. But if you can't afford good rings, you could try to hire healers and bridge the gap in that way.

Cheers,
Legends

pls......
Also, think of it this way, let's assume a player A can buy a lp40 perf for 80k and be left with 20k....

Another player B plays at 60% eff and is left with 100k...

Let's assume a newcomer TT return of 95% for player A, and 93% for player B. (Looter levels play a role here...)

After cycling 400k, player A is left with no bankroll, assuming everything gets TT'ed. They then sell the gun for 80k peds, leaving them with 80k bankroll.

After cycling 400k, player B loses 28k, leaving them with 72k peds.

So player B will end up being 8k down more than player A.

This doesn't account for dpp improvement, which gives player A a ~10% cycle boost. This means that Player B has to actually cycle 440k to get to the same number of kills as player A. It also doesn't account for MU earned...

Last edited:
Shine? Competitive?
maybe i am in a differetn game, one where i fight against ped card decay...
Competitive or ''meta gaming"...best armor as you can, summer/xmas 2020 combo, big fck sword with trauma 4-5 (or couple other endgame options) with mod resto as optional and run that setup until better one is not available

Depends on the goal I guess. If you insist on the hunting profession you have already gotten some good options when it comes to skilling rather fast and burn a lot of ped. However if you are looking to sustain and/or keep losses to a minimum or maybe even profit a bit, I would go a completely different road.
First of all one would need to learn patience. I would probably buy 30 CLD's (if you can still get them at 3k each) Maybe buy ares perfected. Then I would just start shooting Vixen with the TT gun for a couple of weeks, or buy Sollomate Mayhem Azuro, Adjusted if I want to be really eco and hunt them for a couple of months. After that I should have a bit of skills and would have scoured through the wiki for my next mob to hunt and a good setup for that. Sell or trade the CLD's as you go along and need to free up peds to upgrade gear.

Last edited:
Buy 100k ped in CLD's and use the weekly ROI to implant the skills. Save a ton of time and money.

100k ped = ~32 CLD's = 5200 ped a year. That is more profit than hunters starting from 0 skills will see in year 1.

Deposit $100 and learn the game by trial and error , or at least by speaking with a qualified mentor.

Depositing $10,000 and looking for a way to get rich , is only going to bring you pain.

Advising someone to use 60% eff with 100k bankroll (for just hunting) is like sending a pig to death but giving them false hope that at the end of the tunnel there is freedom (great for feeding the lootpool though).
LP-40 Perfected is hands down the best choice for a new player that can invest 100k budget imo.
Even if he does only get 20k ped remaining budget (bit less after getting imp a105). He can hunt low lvl stuff until reach commando, getting looter up and codex meta plus some low lvl stuff really has descent MU compared to 1k-4k hp range.

I believe for sure that 20k budget would last him no problem to lvl 70 commando if he continued on max 100-1000 hp mobs.
The player will just need discipline to stick to it and try not to go too big mobs when boredom kicks in.

Buy Ares perf + Jarhead armor set.
Rent a BC30mod for 2-3 months and learn what the entropy is.
Find a good MU mob (700-1200 HP) and stuck on it while skilling for super cheap [Camo Arms BGH].

Sorry to say but what a bunch of lame advice here. Buy an lp-40 perf????
New avatar, zero skills, (just!) 100k available.

How much does the lp-40 cost, IF you can even buy it at all?
With the current inflated prices way over 80k ped?
So, you're advicing someone to buy a gun for insane amounts of money which he can't even use?
Why would he want to tie up his entire starting fund into just 1 gun that he can't use?

Also, you don't know how many hours per day he will play.
1 hour per day? 12 hours per day?

The only sound advice I've read was buying CLD.

At this stage the guy has zero skill so he can use very cheap equipment with low cycle speed.
30 CLD's will give him more than enough income to practically play for free.
It will generate around 120 ped per week, which is more than enough to play at that lvl.
That comes down to a (FREE) 50$ depo each month.

Once he found out the hang of the game, skilled up a bit to get to use bigger weapons, maybe then he could sell the CLD's and "invest" in that crazy expensive pistol to do some serious grinding (if that is his play style and has the time for it).
Deeds always sell fast so the switch between deeds to a expensive gun can be done very quickly.

To advice a new player to buy and LP-40 perfected is just madness.

So, buy CLD's and use that income just to play around a bit. Try all weapons classes and figure out what you LIKE most.
Don't expect to buy expensive shit in the hopes to get rich. Because you won't. At least not in this stage.
Learn the game first before getting a weapon with high cycle speed which makes you go totally broke. (You can always do that in a later stage).

Remember, even with the most expensive weapon, you will still lose on every pec spend. The only way to win is by reading and playing the market to sell loot for profit to compensate your GUARANTEED hunting LOSS.

Goodluck!

if i was about to start the game and had 10k bankroll, i would go to mykonos and knock out few b..ches, and forget about EU

I'm not worried about that no but it's one of the few options in the path you suggested. Melee not using shrap is expensive in the long run and especially during mayhems if you only have a 100k bankroll so suggesting that is not good. I would suggest to go a path where there is weapons to use while skilling up and I never mentioned the LP40 perfected I just questioned your suggestion of MF/Melee path that is lacking weapons to skill with.

On melee and MF he will still struggle with either shit effi, shit dpp, markup or a mix of all 3 while skilling up. On blp/laser where there are more options you can work your way with higher effi equipment. The 105% MF chips you suggest with a UL amp will still land you at low effi/dpp compared to blp/laser options and on top of that you still pay markup.

I never did "shoving end game gear in new players face" but like I said in the path you suggested there's only endgame gear worth using. With 100k I totally agreed with people to aim for a higher effi weapon to skill with to cut losses. Skilling with 60% effi, low looter and low dps will only make it way harder to progress since you have to find like 2%+ extra markup to cover the shit weapon choice.

Here we agreed about scaling up but then choose a path where you can scale up gear/dps without going endgame. MF and Melee is not that path imo due to lack of good weapon options. I would love to see more focus here from MA to fill in the gaps in both MF and melee and I was surpriced that it wasn't done with the BGH weapons. There was no need for the Camo BGH but a MF/Melee weapon with those stats would help.

If the question was, "I'm not sure if I want to invest 10k into the game, what's the best way for me to get a taste of the game with x amount of peds?", my advice would of course be very different :D
Maybe you should re-read the OP again.
He never asked on which item to blow all his money on in 1 go.
He asked for a path. Not 1 single item.

Hello! I'm curious, if you had a 10k [usd, ~99k ped] investment and a brand new character, what would you do [hunting profession]. What weapons / path / armor / heal type / planet etc.

I did something similar, just with the difference i was able to deposit it during a 2 years period, so i had to do something ingame for like 2 years till the ammount is available, but my goal was an LA, liked the concept, wanted to own one.

LA not worked as i expected, sold it and tried out hunting profession with high efficiency gear, you can find my tracker in my signature, start was last september with relative low skills, like looters were average lvl35, one could get that in a few months of active gameplay i think.

Well, the CLD investment could work early, but the 120 weekly free ped from it wont make you leveling fast.
That is like 1700p cycle weekly before the free ped lost, calculated with 93% return early with no looters and 60% effi, and not sure you would have that once you hunt bigger than puny mobs.
It is enough as long as you hunt punys, lvl 0-3, but later it wont be enough for long at like lvl 10+

For example, lets assume you are skilling pistol for later LP40 perfected purchase.
Lets calculate with armatrix LP-10 L, you can buy cheaper MU pistols ofc, but easier to calculate with this now.
LP-10 L full cycle is about 330p, so you can do 5 full pistol cycle per week, till the 120 free ped from CLD runs out.
5 x full tt L useage total / 7 days = 60 minutes gameplay daily (i didnt calculated with income mu ofc, but neither with L gun mu)
1 hour daily isnt much gameplay, and if it is not much gameplay, its not much skilling, and we are talking about the lowest armatrix gun, not the current level one as you would leveing to 15-20-25-30-35.

With 100k total ped, i would only recommend LP-40 perfected, if you can afford to keep depositing a few times per year in the next 1-2 years, not much, but maybe 2-3k ped a month, not necessarily every month, just when needed.
(Its a "not much" compared to the original 100k deposit)

Early on you will loose ped, whatever gun you will use.
Your looters are just too low to break even, so you would need to depo back the lost ammount of your bankroll to keep going.
After some time, like an year or a bit more, you could reach a level where you could break even, if you would sell all the mu you get, but some mu not good to sell immediately, like mayhem tokens, its better to save them up for someting bigger, so even after like 1 year, you may would need to do some deposit to cover the unsold mu you saving up, im currently at this stage, i only need to deposit for mayhems to cover the tt loss on looted tokens that i dont sell (and boxes because too cheap atm, hopeing for good new 2022 ring and increased price to sell for)

Ofc you can get lucky and hit something nice, like if i would get lucky and loot a camo bgh from an LT, that would be enough for like the next 1 year of unsold mu to cover, so luck also can have a factor in it.

BP-20 / BC-30 / Weak claw could also work, but those would be very low dps, i mean, it would be enough for you for the first few months, or half year, but after than, it could be easily became not enough if you would want to hunt bigger, and that is the nature of most of us, we always want to hunt bigger.

You would have enough mob to farm for 1-2 years for sure, but there you are limited by DPS by a lot, as something to try out its ok, for example im too started with a BP-20, but changed to bigger in 1 month, and since that changed gun 2 more times and i consider any current gun i would use only just as a ladder, real guns are 100+ base dps, saving up the tokens for one of those.

I can only recommend the hunting profession, as i know almost nothing about mining or crafting.
The main question at here i think if you could afford / willing to do some more deposits for bankroll when needed or that 100k is all the investment you would make.

You dont need to spend on armor and heal for now, the gun is all you need, instant boost on return, all rest are optional, not as important, when you will playing, you will learn and you will know when you need to invest in them.

Last edited:
I did something similar, just with the difference i was able to deposit it during a 2 years period, so i had to do something ingame for like 2 years till the ammount is available, but my goal was an LA, liked the concept, wanted to own one.

LA not worked as i expected, sold it and tried out hunting profession with high efficiency gear, you can find my tracker in my signature, start was last september with relative low skills, like looters were average lvl35, one could get that in a few months of active gameplay i think.

Well, the CLD investment could work early, but the 120 weekly free ped from it wont make you leveling fast.
That is like 1700p cycle weekly before the free ped lost, calculated with 93% return early with no looters and 60% effi, and not sure you would have that once you hunt bigger than puny mobs.
It is enough as long as you hunt punys, lvl 0-3, but later it wont be enough for long at like lvl 10+

For example, lets assume you are skilling pistol for later LP40 perfected purchase.
Lets calculate with armatrix LP-10 L, you can buy cheaper MU pistols ofc, but easier to calculate with this now.
LP-10 L full cycle is about 330p, so you can do 5 full pistol cycle per week, till the 120 free ped from CLD runs out.
5 x full tt L useage total / 7 days = 60 minutes gameplay daily (i didnt calculated with income mu ofc, but neither with L gun mu)
1 hour daily isnt much gameplay, and if it is not much gameplay, its not much skilling, and we are talking about the lowest armatrix gun, not the current level one as you would leveing to 15-20-25-30-35.

With 100k total ped, i would only recommend LP-40 perfected, if you can afford to keep depositing a few times per year in the next 1-2 years, not much, but maybe 2-3k ped a month, not necessarily every month, just when needed.
(Its a "not much" compared to the original 100k deposit)

Early on you will loose ped, whatever gun you will use.
Your looters are just too low to break even, so you would need to depo back the lost ammount of your bankroll to keep going.
After some time, like an year or a bit more, you could reach a level where you could break even, if you would sell all the mu you get, but some mu not good to sell immediately, like mayhem tokens, its better to save them up for someting bigger, so even after like 1 year, you may would need to do some deposit to cover the unsold mu you saving up, im currently at this stage, i only need to deposit for mayhems to cover the tt loss on looted tokens that i dont sell (and boxes because too cheap atm, hopeing for good new 2022 ring and increased price to sell for)

Ofc you can get lucky and hit something nice, like if i would get lucky and loot a camo bgh from an LT, that would be enough for like the next 1 year of unsold mu to cover, so luck also can have a factor in it.

BP-20 / BC-30 / Weak claw could also work, but those would be very low dps, i mean, it would be enough for you for the first few months, or half year, but after than, it could be easily became not enough if you would want to hunt bigger, and that is the nature of most of us, we always want to hunt bigger.

You would have enough mob to farm for 1-2 years for sure, but there you are limited by DPS by a lot, as something to try out its ok, for example im too started with a BP-20, but changed to bigger in 1 month, and since that changed gun 2 more times and i consider any current gun i would use only just as a ladder, real guns are 100+ base dps, saving up the tokens for one of those.

I can only recommend the hunting profession, as i know almost nothing about mining or crafting.
The main question at here i think if you could afford / willing to do some more deposits for bankroll when needed or that 100k is all the investment you would make.

You dont need to spend on armor and heal for now, the gun is all you need, instant boost on return, all rest are optional, not as important, when you will playing, you will learn and you will know when you need to invest in them.
As a 1 month old player this is pretty much spot on with what I've been following, also currently 37 animal looter was achieved by keeping 50% skill pills active the whole time and putting every codex reward into loot profs

Back