News: Interface Update Postponed

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

Interface Update Postponed​

We have received lots of valuable feedback from the community regarding the Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes announced last month, and we thank you for all the great suggestions.

Our goal is to incorporate as many of those suggestions as possible into the User Interface update. However, because the scope of the project has expanded significantly, it is not feasible to get that update implemented in time for the summer Version Update deadline.

Therefore, the decision has been made to postpone the User Interface update until later this year. We hope to share additional updates and previews of the new interfaces in the meantime.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful feedback and suggestions!

Originally Posted Here

Thanks for the heads up! When you say scope.... do you mean features as well now to be significantly changed?
No rush... would prefer content improvements, balancing etc to take precedence anyway :)

Later this year means december VU? Or can we expect it sooner?
Designing an UI without taking direct player feedback on each UI element as you're designing it is a mistake if you ask me. A developer that doesn't play the game can't understand as good or get the feel as a normal player would for the UI elements.

If you launch the UI update (in as working condition for the UI that is currently "finished") as an alpha release you can get direct feedback from most players. It should be possible to switch in the client the old UI vs new current alpha one until the alpha one is finalized. This way you can take direct feedback as you make new UI and improvements.
Maybe semi-weekly or monthly updates to the alpha UI could be added where revisions are made based on player feedback, again players would be able to give more feedback as it is continued to be improved/expanded.

For example you have not shown us any UI elements regarding auction, trade terminal, repair terminal, society terminal etc. You're bound to receive a lot of player feedback from this after you launch the UI update. Isn't it better to take in suggestions and add an alpha UI in increments so you can take good feedback early on the development? A time saver and money saver if you ask me.
Like just look how many suggestions for improving society terminal here:

You have one of the most loyal and dedicated playerbase out there. Use them, they got years, many even decades of experience in EU and we all want to have a good experience in the new UI update.

Last edited:
Good choice to postpone and work with the feedback that you recieved, I'd rather have a well functioning UI with the features that were suggested and wanted by the community than a rushed mess.

Later means before 2022 or after :)

If this does not bother you very much, please do not remove the good old compass. I have topographic disorientation.I can get lost even between terminals.
It is clear that the sheriffs do not care about the problems of escaped convicts, but please do not let anyone get lost in the virtual world.

If this does not bother you very much, please do not remove the good old compass. I have topographic disorientation.I can get lost even between terminals.
It is clear that the sheriffs do not care about the problems of escaped convicts, but please do not let anyone get lost in the virtual world.
The compass has already been changed in their teaser. See pictures in the opening post. It's worse than current one. No N-S-W-E letters in the radar either make it difficult to tell what direction you're going.

This is a smart approach to take MA. I think that is great that you are accepting the feedback from the community. There are a ton of smart people that love this game and have contributed their ideas. Please give us small updates however ;).

Sounds like a good move. We'd all rather things are working and helpful suggestions get implemented than the alternative.

Wise choice. Thanks for listening ?

Please keep us updated on the changes and include pictures like before! We all want to see how the process comes along. ?

The compass has already been changed in their teaser. See pictures in the opening post. It's worse than current one. No N-S-W-E letters in the radar either make it difficult to tell what direction you're going.
Yes, I just asked for the cardinal direction N, E, S, W on the wind rose.

Sounds wise. The last thing we need is a team scrambling to release right before the holidays and then gone for weeks while support gets bombarded for whatever wrong or right. A shoutout to all the code wranglers and designers, and have the dog keep a close eye on your politicians ;)

Remove N-S-W-E letters in the radar would make no sense in a game that use a map ! It would make the game unplayable.. for me anyway :(

Remove N-S-W-E letters in the radar would make no sense in a game that use a map ! It would make the game unplayable.. for me anyway :(
Since my avatar is muslim he needs to face mecca during praying. It will be hard without those :/

Since my avatar is muslim he needs to face mecca during praying. It will be hard without those :/
The fact that they left the compass off the new UI makes me wonder if the proposed update was actually real... and if it was, does MindArk use the UI at all in Dev, Test or Prod?

That would be a problem since most religions have their Holly locations located on Terra/Tellus for some reason. (sic)
Since Calypso is NOT Terra/Tellus you would need a galactic (or maybe even a universal) pointing device to worship your Deity. (Awesome when you think of it)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
That would be a problem since most religions have their Holly locations located on Terra/Tellus for some reason. (sic)
Since Calypso is NOT Terra/Tellus you would need a galactic (or maybe even a universal) pointing device to worship your Deity. (Awesome when you think of it)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If he only refers to his avatar, the in-game compass should be appropriate, discounting the little detail that Mecca never existed there (does Toulan count as substitute?). If he refers to his real self, he'd be advised to break from gaming during religious duties. And none of this makes any sense whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. I just needed to kill 5 minutes before going out to cut the grass. If I'm lucky, it might just start raining.

Back