News: Introducing Entropia Unreal Tokens

Looks nice, have to check the math now...

Will be interesting to see how rare these end up being.

Tokens will also be used as prizes in various events during the ongoing development of Entropia Universe Unreal throughout 2023
The current plan is to release 1 million tokens/shares

40 day of MM
20 day of EM 2023
15 day of HM 2023
40 day of MM 2023
?? day of TWEN
?? day of 2023 migration
?? day of mini mayhems

Lets say 30 Twen, 30 migration, 15 mini mayhems.

1 million token / 190 days of event, 219 tokens per day.
The top10 hunters do 2x as much as the top50 players, and top50 players do 2x as much as top 51-100 players.
If you say top51-100 players are 1 each per day, than top 11-50 players are 2 each, and top10 players are 4 each, just based on turnover, that is already 170 tokens daily, the drop rate will be low, like you cant really expect 1 per day under top100 activity if its turnover based.
If its luck or wave based, who knows until they drops, but still will be rare.

Ofc its a very huge guess only, but you have a guess at least.

Or if it means 1 share will cost 1 million tokens, than tokens will drop pretty often :)

Pardon me, but what kind of short term capital fund they will get from this?
Zero.
We will grind the f*ck out of MM with or without these unreal tokens anyway.
They will not earn more money with these tokens, its just 100% free ped given out to the playerbase.
People get excited and deposit...
But yeah I made the point also that it seemed a bit of overkill, we were already excited.

This is a terrible idea…….

Really questioning if this game is worth playing anymore..

Firstly why add it to mayhem loot… like.. fking idiots. Do something different for Christ sake……
I think they are too far gone into Mayhem.. The Mu's drop, the players drop, interest now drops, outside of Mayhem. Those guns cost so much now it is what everyone is chasing, and players have stacks and goals. I guess it all needs to be crafted around Mayhem now..🤷‍♀️

Aren't there around 10k daily players? 1,000,000 / 10,000 = 100 tokens/shares each
Now adjust that so it is balanced to gameplay.. Could some avatars drop 10,000 of these and gain 40-50PED passively a month?

Devs listen to the top 1% of players, thats why the game looks like it does today. Tokens to spin away at the slot vendor.

They said they wont create any content till UE5. Its in not in best shape but this mayhem format is awesome.

Anyway i see few of you around only throwing dirt and im not really sure how active you guys are anymore. Whats the point if some of you dont play the game anymore ??

I think they are too far gone into Mayhem.. The Mu's drop, the players drop, interest now drops, outside of Mayhem. Those guns cost so much now it is what everyone is chasing, and players have stacks and goals. I guess it all needs to be crafted around Mayhem now..🤷‍♀️

Ya Ya is MA fault because you didnt invest in a weapon. Outside events most players skill and go for tier comp.

They said they wont create any content till UE5. Its in not in best shape but this mayhem format is awesome.

Anyway i see few of you around only throwing dirt and im not really sure how active you guys are anymore. Whats the point if some of you dont play the game anymore ??
Perhaps we are awainting in the shadows until we see something we like? Why should you play a game that you dont really agree with? we are here when things becomes better in out view? Its just a matter of coice, we are here to ask questions and find solutions and hope something sticks so we can get the groove back.
And "trowing" dirt is a bad call, we critize stuff in order to fuel up a discussion to possible change something to the better.

What’s interesting is that they don’t say that it will not affect AMD and AUD.

But they did specify CLD and the Entropia Exchange.

So from 2021 that is 540k ped or $54k a year they would be “giving back”

How does this compare to CLD AG etc?

Perhaps we are awainting in the shadows until we see something we like? Why should you play a game that you dont really agree with? we are here when things becomes better in out view? Its just a matter of coice, we are here to ask questions and find solutions and hope something sticks so we can get the groove back.
And "trowing" dirt is a bad call, we critize stuff in order to fuel up a discussion to possible change something to the better.

Tell me for instance, do you like Mayhem events ? Do you compete ?

The thing about mayhem for me is that I just don't depo enough to be successful even at the lowest level instance. The amount of pedcycle necessary to push through to a complete bronze even on annihilation 1 is just so big, that you really have to depo more than what most people spend on traditional MMO's in 4-6 months. Couple that together with the low MU for whatever loot is coming out of the instance, and high MU on items needed to run it, it adds up.

Tell me for instance, do you like Mayhem events ? Do you compete ?
If i like mayhem event, yes. But i belive we have to much of it atm and it takes over the entire game and reduce other gameplay. And i do not compete in mayhem. There are other things you can do in the game than hunting. I like hunting tho but i feel the professions in the game needs to come closer together and make the Limited gear better than the UL gear in order to boost all activities in the game than just hunting as we have it today.

Dear MA,

Once you realize you've given out too much of your shares, what remains as the incentive for you to improve the game ?

BR,
amale
This. till there is nothing to sell anymore?

Interesting, here's my take:

• MA Profit: So 0.0425 x 100 x 1,000,000 = 4,250,000 ($425,000)/mo profit for MA... not bad, not great compared to the like $10 - $150 million a month that bigger MMO's like ESO, WoW and Fortnite make.
  • Deed Markup: At 0.0425 ped payout per month = 0.01 ped/week rounded up. This is apx 1/350th the payout of a CLD. So if a CLD is going for +3000 one of these deeds will probably sell for 8 - 10 peds each. Since people clearly have a real hard time with basic math and calculating ROI lol
  • Affect On MA Profit: People seem to think this is a net loss for MA but it's probably going to be close to net zero or even profitable when you consider 3 things...
    • People don't pull money out of this game as much as you think they do. Most deed revenue (especially on the small scale) just goes right back into hunting/mining/crafting AKA MA's pocket. You collect that sweet 0.01 ped revenue each week for a full year to wind up with 0.52 ped... what's that, like killing 5 punies at Icarus? 10 Minutes and that 0.52 you saved all year is 100% back in their pocket by design.
    • How often deeds change hands on the auction and that those collected fees can be anywhere from 0.54 ped - 0.97 ped per deed. You would have to hold a deed for 2 full years just to cover the cost of listing it in auction. And most people do no hold deeds this long. So here's how it plays out... person buys deed for 10 ped thinking it's a "good investment". They hold for 3 - 12 weeks (collecting 0.12 peds in revenue) then get bored of holding cause the payouts are so low and they need peds. They list in auction and pay a 0.97 ped fee to list at 10 ped. They don't really care about the loss because it's so small. and MA nets a profit of 85 pec. Rinse and repeat hundreds or thousands of times a month.
    • We don't know when the Unreal version will come out - could be a year, could be 5 years. If the deeds are tradable during that time, that's a lot of revenue for MA without having to pay out anything.
Of course all this changes if deeds aren't tradable. But I would be very VERY surprised if they weren't tradable. Tradeable = good for MA. un-tradable = good for big time grinders to get setup with a guaranteed payout for the rest of their EU life at no additional cost to them.

All in all, an interesting move....

Last edited:
EU has to be about more than just Mayhems.
EU is so much more than just Mayhems.

EU is many things to all of the players, it's an open world that is essentially about opportunities. Opportunities that you should take advantage of, or not, it it's not in your interest, but people mainly follow markup. We're also just that for MA, markup and they have to capitalize on our interests, for very long term. They seem to have gotten good results with tokens. If people seem hyped, it means they see an opportunity. If you don't, it doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means you're on a different path which is fine, especially if you're happy with your decision.

There's also a choir of people that always are against anything, any event, any opportunity, just for the sake of staying in the shadows, for more than 20 years, hoping that at some point they can say, "HA, I told you MA will fail". Make sure you're not ending in this category, it looks like you're gonna have to wait a very long time to get your fix :D

Interesting, here's my take:

• MA Profit: So 0.0425 x 100 x 1,000,000 = 4,250,000 ($425,000)/mo profit for MA... not bad, not great compared to the like $10 - $150 million a month that bigger MMO's like ESO, WoW and Fortnite make.
  • Deed Markup: At 0.0425 ped payout per month = 0.01 ped/week rounded up. This is apx 1/350th the payout of a CLD. So if a CLD is going for +3000 one of these deeds will probably sell for 8 - 10 peds each. Since people clearly have a real hard time with basic math and calculating ROI lol
  • Affect On MA Profit: People seem to think this is a net loss for MA but it's probably going to be close to net zero or even profitable when you consider 3 things...
    • People don't pull money out of this game as much as you think they do. Most deed revenue (especially on the small scale) just goes right back into hunting/mining/crafting AKA MA's pocket. You collect that sweet 0.01 ped revenue each week for a full year to wind up with 0.52 ped... what's that, like killing 5 punies at Icarus? 10 Minutes and that 0.52 you saved all year is 100% back in their pocket by design.
    • How often deeds change hands on the auction and that those collected fees can be anywhere from 0.54 ped - 0.97 ped per deed. You would have to hold a deed for 2 full years just to cover the cost of listing it in auction. And most people do no hold deeds this long. So here's how it plays out... person buys deed for 10 ped thinking it's a "good investment". They hold for 3 - 12 weeks (collecting 0.12 peds in revenue) then get bored of holding cause the payouts are so low and they need peds. They list in auction and pay a 0.97 ped fee to list at 10 ped. They don't really care about the loss because it's so small. and MA nets a profit of 85 pec. Rinse and repeat hundreds or thousands of times a month.
    • We don't know when the Unreal version will come out - could be a year, could be 5 years. If the deeds are tradable during that time, that's a lot of revenue for MA without having to pay out anything.
Of course all this changes if deeds aren't tradable. But I would be very VERY surprised if they weren't tradable. Tradeable = good for MA. un-tradable = good for big time grinders to get setup with a guaranteed payout for the rest of their EU life at no additional cost to them.

All in all, an interesting move....
There is smaller fee on the Entropia Exchange where these will be. The shares are not coming out until after Unreal Engine is implimented.
"After the launch of Entropia Universe Unreal, the tokens can be converted to Entropia Unreal Shares on the Entropia Exchange."
Minimum fee on Entropia Exchange is 0.25 ped. It's 0.25 ped for listing one or five shares, more than five shares and the fee increases, max fee is 25 ped.
If the listing on Entropia Exchange is not sold, the fee is returned minus 0.25 ped minimum fee.

Entropia Unreal Tokens will also be a major component of the rewards in the Twentieth-Year Entropia Universe Anniversary (TWEN) event planned for early 2023, and will be lootable from all creatures throughout the universe. Tokens will also be used as prizes in various events during the ongoing development of Entropia Universe Unreal throughout 2023.
Lots of comments and maths already above. One calc assumes we will be pretty lucky to get one token per day from this Mayhem, valued at approx. 10 peds once UE is implemented, for approx 5% p.a. returns based on 2021 revenues.
I wonder what turnovers MA have calculated in for each 'payout' of one token? My guestimate that we can go against is one token per 5k peds turnover by players. We shall see...

Also, will the tokens themselves be tradeable, not just the shares when they eventually go live?

...I expect to get far more boxes than tokens if I try hard at Mayhem - tokens are almost not on my radar if my mu calcs are the same as usual. Is the ring expected to get boxes going for higher or lower mus this year?

There's also a choir of people that always are against anything, any event, any opportunity, just for the sake of staying in the shadows, for more than 20 years, hoping that at some point they can say, "HA, I told you MA will fail". Make sure you're not ending in this category, it looks like you're gonna have to wait a very long time to get your fix :D

No worries for that.
I think that Mayhem events are great. I just don't want them to overshadow everything else.

Also, " The current plan is to release 1 million tokens/shares".
So the plan can be completely changed?!
At least one million tokens will be released during the Unreal development period. If further tokens are released, they will be separate, and will not impact the revenue share of the original batch.

Mindark, please make those drop for mining and crafting as well.
Is this only for hunting? Will it drop in crafting and mining????
Tokens may be allocated for crafting or mining events, but they will not be looted directly from crafting or mining activity.

Will the tokens be tradable?
Also, will the tokens themselves be tradeable, not just the shares when they eventually go live?
Yes, the tokens are tradable.

What’s interesting is that they don’t say that it will not affect AMD and AUD.

But they did specify CLD and the Entropia Exchange.
The tokens will not negatively affect AUD/AMD either.

Back