News: Introducing Entropia Unreal Tokens

I did not expect that. Let's hope drop rate is not like rare mayhem tokens.

Dear MA,

Once you realize you've given out too much of your shares, what remains as the incentive for you to improve the game ?

BR,
amale

People don't understand that most of the PED earned from shares/deeds is putting back into the system (read it as lost trough the main game activities).

If you never withdrawal those funds coming from Unreal shares technically Mindark isn't giving away anything, only some more play time and more chances to eat PED with the shares fees when buying/selling.

If you never withdrawal those funds coming from Unreal shares technically Mindark isn't giving away anything

Well I disagree. Regardless of if you withdraw the funds or not, MA is still giving it away. If that money goes out of the system or back into it, resulting in fewer deposits, it´s still a net loss of 1%

Technically, putting it back into the System is logically worse, since that means they have to pay out 1% on the same money again.

Last edited:
At least one million tokens will be released during the Unreal development period. If further tokens are released, they will be separate, and will not impact the revenue share of the original batch.

Tokens may be allocated for crafting or mining events, but they will not be looted directly from crafting or mining activity.

Yes, the tokens are tradable.

The tokens will not negatively affect AUD/AMD either.
Prompt reply with clear and helpful answers. Thank you, Ludvig!

I'm curious if there will be new equipment/gear in the TWEN event like there was during FEN. It would be awesome to see new weapons, armors, vehicles, clothing, etc. to celebrate the 20th! 😊

I see a generous offer here, and a "thanks for the support". Of course most of it will go to the players that are providing the most of that support.

The actual USD on the line is trivial, and if this comes from MA revenue, there shouldn't be a lot of worry about hitting the other things that are coming out of PP shares.

@Ludvig|MindArk I hope you would consider something like dropping one of these into every account with last 90 days activity or something, as TWEN approaches. Whatever metric you guys felt was appropriate, and of course not announced before ;)

Most sweaters and free players would just sell them on directly, of course. They're going to concentrate. But the per-token reward is so small that the gesture of reaching out to literally all active players and supporters of the game with a tangible reward would be amazing. Lots of goodwill, and some great PR. I doubt this would consume even 1% of a million-token batch.

"MindArk Gives Every Active Player in Entropia Universe a Share of Revenue to Celebrate 20 Years Success."

🤩

Why not allow the tokens to be kept instead of putting them in the Exchange.
CLD , AUD , AMD are all great because they can be traded P2P and also used as collateral.

Sorry but that's just lazy... :cautious:

In that case, it sounds like a bad deal.

As long as it's an even playing field (same loot tables for everyone), competition for tokens is unharmed.

Also these, it seems, are going to be used for a few things. EU is more than mayhem tokens.

Doesn't sound like "A Deal" to me. Nobody is negotiating. It does sound like "more money returned to players" and "something you don't have to be uber to benefit from".

I understand that if it replaces a portion of mayhem tokens in the loot table, certain players may feel it ultimately slows down their withdrawals a little bit.

🤷‍♂️

Players getting mad when they get things on top of what they thought they were getting :D

Also, good question:
It is interesting that. Current M's are not but can be used in trader. The UT's they have said will be exchanged 1:1 (my read on it) for shares or if you hold them they will be used in what appears to be token>item trader. The shares would be tradeable and the items. So I'm betting the UT's won't be tradeable (edit i should have read all the threads, MA said tradeable). I think everyone is about to free up as much ped as possible. Might be a bit of a sale going on.

I did not expect that. Let's hope drop rate is not like rare mayhem tokens.
1 million UT's is way more than rare mayhems. Maybe more like boxes but slower.

"MindArk Gives Every Active Player in Entropia Universe a Share of Revenue to Celebrate 20 Years Success."

🤩
Thousands of tokens sitting in idle accounts until cleared after 12 months or so?

Might be a bit of a sale going on.

I have a strange(not strange) feeling we're going to see these listed at AH for an estimated 20+ year ROI, paying a year of revenue for the listing fee. I mean, someone else already pointed this out.

Math is Hard 🤯

Thousands of tokens sitting in idle accounts until cleared after 12 months or so?

Yeah there has to be some activity metric.

Also , the first batch will be 1m tokens. If 1% (10k tokens) went to such a distribution, and 10% of those went to inactive accounts that wouldn't even log in to sell them.

.001 percent of MA's annual revenue ending up in idle accounts would be a laughable cost for such a PR Blast. And then yeah, they would eventually get that minuscule amount back, anyways.

Last edited:
Can an Unreal Token be used for both share conversion and vendor pulls, or do we have to pick one of the other?

Weee! This means 1% more loss for all hunts until the end of time. Just exactly what I wanted for xmas. The gift that keeps on giving.

My guess is that the Unreal tokens will have a 10 ped tt, or counted in loot as 10 ped with lower tt.
So basically a holder for value of shares @10 ped each, effectively "buying" shares not yet released or active.

Interesting idea, not of interest to me but people seem pleased generally.

My guess is that the Unreal tokens will have a 10 ped tt, or counted in loot as 10 ped with lower tt.

This is ... an interesting take.

You figure they're about to drop 10m PED TT value?

I'm literally willing to place a bet these are 0 TT loot. As for how MA accounts for Pure MV drops in compensation - I can't claim to know.

EDIT: I can't imagine who wouldn't TT a token worth roughly 235 months of projected ROI.

I'm literally willing to place a bet these are 0 TT loot. As for how MA accounts for Pure MV drops in compensation - I can't claim to know.

EDIT: I can't imagine who wouldn't TT a token worth roughly 235 months of projected ROI.
.00001 ped probably :D

At least one million tokens will be released during the Unreal development period. If further tokens are released, they will be separate, and will not impact the revenue share of the original batch.

Tokens may be allocated for crafting or mining events, but they will not be looted directly from crafting or mining activity.

Yes, the tokens are tradable.

The tokens will not negatively affect AUD/AMD either.
Ludvig,
Can you please expand on the heavy usage or plan of these as or part of twen prizes. I may be missing something but I'd much rather loot gear than tokens that pay 51 pec a year. Is there another intended purpose or function of these tokens that has not been communicated yet?

So when is UE5 scheduled to come into use?
1 year before UE6 is released to the public ... kidding, but... also not kidding

They said some will drop during this mayhem and during TWEN event, so over next year or 2 ?

Well if 10 ped tt value (as was price of all other exchnge shares ti etc), people will have already paid for them via loot returns anyway.
So 10 ped less tt loot, or they are 10 ped tt each effectively advanced buying via looting system.
I will be really surprised if MA just giving players $1 million dollars.
I could be wrong, but we will see.

Last edited:
I haven't dealt with any shares at all. However I sure do hope you're wrong.

No hard feelings or anything personal, I just hope that isn't what this is.

There's almost no dev cost here. Well, a token icon maybe. There's no other entity recovering costs or PP involvement. There's no specifically associated maintenance or other fees.

People complain about what MA takes but they seem to have been trimming their "cut" all along and still doing well. So even if the share price is eventually 10 PED - it's not costing them anything up front. It will take them nearly 20 years to spend $1m on this batch of tokens - if revenues were to stay stable.

I think it's safe to assume that the Unreal Tokens will likely be 0.00001 TT value, as with similar tokens and other stuff.
This will be a new way of introducing shares, in my opinion there is no fixed price for the shares. Once we have the shares, the price will be set by us, the market.

I haven't dealt with any shares at all. However I sure do hope you're wrong.

No hard feelings or anything personal, I just hope that isn't what this is.

No worries :)

I hope i am wrong also, but was just a thought that crossed my mind. :)

So at the end of 2023, MA will have most of the tokens back and won't share as much profit, because most UBERs will rather buy for 30000 Unreal tokens TWEN Steampunk hammer ;) lvl180, which will allow them a much higher turnover with better efficiency than waiting for 15300 ped/year from revenue. Only a few people will keep them because they won't have enough tokens to exchange for an item, or the revenue will be more interesting for them. Brilliant plan by MA, Ubers will be happy and others will be happy to get at least a piece of the pie.

PS: Take the price of the item with a grain of salt, I shot it from the side.
PS2: Everything is just my guess.

@Ludvig|MindArk seems people are confusing can you clear it ?
Unreal tokens will have only one use that is convert it to shares ?
Not as a currency to trade items during twen event ?

Back