Introducing: The Viperstrike 2013 Free Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative for Calypso!

Status
Hi,

Thanks your for the job and by the way, I'm registering for the free event too :)

Ingame name : Arwen Irindia Lindorie :)

See you soon !

Great Initiative!

This is a great initiative that any new player should take advantage of! I've known Viper for a long time and without players like him, the EU world surely wouldn't go 'round! We all should be helping each other to keep a healthy in-game experience alive and kicking :)

Hi All,

Ok the above is the general overview of what I intend to achieve.

This will continue throughout all of 2013.

Feel free to comment, suggest and what not.

ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED, please don't be shy, Newcomer to Uber :wtg:

Thanks guys and gals,
Viper

PS. Some things I am looking for:

1. Someone able to do a nice banner ad for this to put on fansites.
2. Suppliers of the Heal Kit HR1 as in the above post, paying 7 PED per full TT unit
3. Those societies open for recruitment of newcomers who can allocate a mentor
4. Active mentors willing to take on more newcomers - Your status and if ready to or not.
5. Will add more when I think of them.

Add me ingame via player register: Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

Working on a banner ;) I could also volunteer as a Mentor if someone is that desperate :laugh:

Banner sorted :) Thankyou Raven!

Working on a banner ;) I could also volunteer as a Mentor if someone is that desperate :laugh:

Hiya Raven,

Thanks much for taking up the banner job, it is much appreciated :wtg: :woot:

Payment in advance 500 PED.

And sure, I will add you to the Mentors available list :)

This is a great initiative that any new player should take advantage of! I've known Viper for a long time and without players like him, the EU world surely wouldn't go 'round! We all should be helping each other to keep a healthy in-game experience alive and kicking :)

Thanks for the kind words hun! May Lootius Bless :)

Cheers,
Viper

Hi,

Thanks your for the job and by the way, I'm registering for the free event too :)

Ingame name : Arwen Irindia Lindorie :)

See you soon !

Cheers,

Added to the list of newcomers for Jan :)

Thanks Irindia,
GL in game and thanks for doing the advertising!

Viper

You doing great work bro ! Gl whit hofs and have fun :yay::yay:

Please contact me anytime...I like big teams and cool peeps :)

Hi, My name is trinity t7 seven:

I have been playing about a week. Had lots of fun in that time, and some great parties, the people here are really cool. I have joined a Society and have a great mentor, and am looking forward to teaming with you all sometime soon, as that is my favorite for hunting and pvp. Thanks for any and all starter package gifts. I want to let you know that they are greatly appreciated to make this one of the best experiences I have had online. Thanks again :) Peace & Blessings!:yay: :wtg: :cheer:

Hi, My name is trinity t7 seven:

I have been playing about a week. Had lots of fun in that time, and some great parties, the people here are really cool. I have joined a Society and have a great mentor, and am looking forward to teaming with you all sometime soon, as that is my favorite for hunting and pvp. Thanks for any and all starter package gifts. I want to let you know that they are greatly appreciated to make this one of the best experiences I have had online. Thanks again :) Peace & Blessings!:yay: :wtg: :cheer:

Hi there TrinitySeven and well met,

Welcome to Entropia and planet Calypso!

I will register you down on the Jan-2013 newcomer list for Feb-2013 giveaways so that you can receive one if all goes to plan on this initiative I am undertaking :)

Cheers,
Viper

Looking for human TT machines!

Hi,

Since 95% of my loot goes to the TT machine;
I thought it would be better if I could help out a few with the loot I gather.

I currently have one human TT machine signed up but am looking for more to rotate loot around to. I expect only TT Value on the items, no tips required as it is to help you out!

What sort of loot you get:

Pretty much everything except larger items over 10% Markup

So all hides, wools, extractors, paint, tiering components, MF chips under +5 markup and so on.

If this interests you and you have the funds to handle at least 500 PED+ loot per occasion from me, then please add me for a chat to discuss what times you are mainly online.

I can be found in the ingame register under - Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

Twin Peaks TP is where I prefer to meet.

Time zone for me is Australia GMT+10

Thanks,
Viper

Some interest in Ore & Enmatter purchases - Looking for more input from buyers please ?

Hi,

I admittedly have to say that I am pretty slack when going through twins and seeing what is on offer,
To be honest I turn off the trade channel most of the time :D

So,

Now that some interested has been generated, I guess it is time to leave trade channel on from now on.

I have had a few people ask me if I am willing to sell my ores and enmatters to them. I understand that this would be cheaper than the market average and am willing to do that, but only to a degree.

If you are a reseller of ores or minerals or you have a friend/contact you know who does "fair" pricing, then I am more than happy to listen to what is on offer.

Would asking for 5% less than the average markup be asking too much ? Suggestions feedback welcomed.

I am happy to mention you as co-sponsor to this initiative if you are willing to offer a good deal on what I mine to support this initiative for the period of 2013 and then after that we will see where this all leads 2014 and beyond.

What I am looking for is ~ 5% less than market markup average, it will be your call as to the exact %, but if you feel that this offer interests you please feel free to contact me here on the forums in PM. :wise:

Thanks,
Viper

Hunting/Mining - Mob & Location Log ?

Hi All,

I wonder if you would like an update of the mobs I am hunting and areas I am mining each day as funds permit ?

Would this be useful to any ?

Example:

15-Jan-2013: Feffoid 5k mission task - Location: Fort Fury - Notes: 1k cycled so far with nothing to report - 8 hours of gameplay left for the day.

Last edited:
Noob question about ingame advertising - Stuck at the create button.

Hi All,

I am totally new to the ingame advertising and now find myself stuck at the create button of which it returns the reply that only estate manager can create ads.

Does this mean I need to buy an apartment or what not and an ad terminal to go in it ?

Or is there another location I can create this ad ?

Thanks,
Viper

Just an estate of some sort (like an apartment). You don't need an ad terminal to create an ad.

You could just get someone you know and trust who already owns an apartment to create the ad for you.

Or 'borrow' an apartment deed long enough to create the ad yourself.

Just an estate of some sort (like an apartment). You don't need an ad terminal to create an ad.

You could just get someone you know and trust who already owns an apartment to create the ad for you.

Or 'borrow' an apartment deed long enough to create the ad yourself.

Hi Serica,

Thanks much for the reply.
Unfortunately I sold off the little condo I had.

If anyone is willing to help out that would be fab.

Make 50 PED, look at the advert in the screenshot, same text please, size 20, 30 days duration and for 30 secs. White on black background, no fancy stuff.

200 PED investment and I will pay you 250 PED for the job done.

PM if your interested in doing this.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

I intend to buy an apartment specifically for holding the newcomer pack items each week;
However this won't be before I need the ad created :(

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
^^ Previous post

Please hold that thought folks, being offpeak to my entire society, yes it gets lonely sometimes, so lonely infact that I forget about them sometimes until they log in again :laugh: Oh well I will ask the soc folks first.

Where are you Mr MegaVolt :whip: Wake up UK and US, im here and now! :laugh:

But if anyone is willing to offer, please PM :)

Gonna send you the banner stuff now to see about any changes etc.. :)

Gonna send you the banner stuff now to see about any changes etc.. :)

Thanks Raven,

Back at home now, had to duck out for dinner tonight :)

Was that via email ? Feel free to post here if you like also! Your call though.

Thanks Raven,

Back at home now, had to duck out for dinner tonight :)

Was that via email ? Feel free to post here if you like also! Your call though.

E-mail Sir :silly2:

Nice, simple and brilliant imo. :)

Client Loader Banner:

title-clientloaderbannerwhite.jpg

Forum banner:

title-smallbannerwhite.jpg

Main Advertisements:

threadtitlegraphicblackwhitetext.jpg

A huge thankyou to Raven Li, you so rock!

Thanks much,
Viper

Last edited:
Forum & Client Loader Banner Ads and main advertisement

Hi All,

Well the new advertisement header and banners are in, any feedback is welcomed :)

Now to hunt down 711, Peter from EntropiaPlanets is sorted, who am I missing?

Ah that is right, the lovely folk at MindArk :)

Last edited:
Thanks Raven,

I feel the white text all round does look a lot better - easier to read.

Cheers,
Viper

Hi All,

Today has been a rather slow day, both loot wise (other than a nice mining HoF under 500 ped) and time wise with organising things for this initiative.

Tomorrow I will do my best to get the in-game advertisement up and running.

Hopefully Lootius is listening as tomorrow will be a more active hunting and mining day :)

Thanks and good night,
Viper

Good morning folks,

Today I will arrange the ingame advertising for this thread, also PCF & EP forums have both offered assistance with banner advertising down the track once this project has gained some momentum which is great news.

I will hunt primarily ambulimax and atrox today with some mining while hunting and will mke a stop over most likely in the evening to do some feffoids or allo/esto. May lootius bless.

What I am still looking for at present:

Suppliers of the HR1 Healing FAP - They drop from shinks like candy, especially big shinks.
Human TT Machines - See Post # 39
Ore & Enmatter buyers - See Post #40
A few more mentors to bring the total to 10 on the shortlist.
A few more open recruiting societs for newcomers to bring the total to 5 on the shortlist.

Cheers,
Viper

Thankyou Mega MegaVolt Volt - Ad created.

Hi all,

The ingame ad has been created by Mega today via the ad terminal as in Post # 42.

Unsure how this works as it has not come up on the screens as of yet, maybe MA have to check it first ?

Thanks again Mega,
Viper

I dont know if you remember, but i roughly started around the same time as you and when i started, there was a guy called the collector who was doing a similar sort of thing to you except, it was a real time competition where he would have to get a hof in crafting and then there was an item that people needed to bring to him at specific coords and the first one there would get a starter pack worth about 300 ped. What you are doing just reminded me of that.

Hi all,

The ingame ad has been created by Mega today via the ad terminal as in Post # 42.

Unsure how this works as it has not come up on the screens as of yet, maybe MA have to check it first ?

Thanks again Mega,
Viper

It's up and running :)

Great initiative, Viper! I make sure I'll mention it when talking to new players.

(... must spread rep ... before ... etc ...)

Thanks for adding me to the initiative, YOU ROCK!

Hi there all (especially ViperStrike) I am new to PE, being born on Arkadia five days ago, and moving to Caly four days ago. I think that first spaceflight had me hooked :) I really like the fact you can have large teams and space combat. So I will be partying with many of you I am sure, as I already have a large Society, and good mentor. My forum name and my ingame name are

myladyloves (forum)
Aurae Ultra Angeleon (ingame)

I am really interested in signing up for the newcomer starter pack initiative. So please sign me up, and feel free to email me or post here, or contact in game for any and all wins. Thank you very much for hosting this program, and I look very much forward to meeting you in PE!

Thanks again https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smoke.gif

It's up and running :)

Great initiative, Viper! I make sure I'll mention it when talking to new players.

(... must spread rep ... before ... etc ...)

Thanks Nisha for the feedback and passing around the word :)

I dont know if you remember, but i roughly started around the same time as you and when i started, there was a guy called the collector who was doing a similar sort of thing to you except, it was a real time competition where he would have to get a hof in crafting and then there was an item that people needed to bring to him at specific coords and the first one there would get a starter pack worth about 300 ped. What you are doing just reminded me of that.

Heya Ancient,

Don't remember the collector, was he doing it back in 2007/2008 ?
I missed a lot of forum activity between 2009/2010.

Anyway its good to hear others have done something similar in the past.

Which reminds me, must praise lootius for the day *Praise* :D

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
Status
Back