Invest in a Better Refiner?

DesertKrow

Dominant
Society
NBK Miners
Venym DesertKrow Deth
Question for Everyone:

Would you/Have you Invest(ed) in a Better Refiner?

Problem is this. I got a pretty big deposit and im thinking if i should buy a better refiner to reduce the Decay. I know it only affects the amount it decays per 100 units but does it affect a lot?

Thank you for your suggestions

I'd say if you got the money to buy one or will get (ie that big deposit you talk about) then buy it. Not only will it cut down your decay, but you wont have to repair/buy a new one for each few hundred PEDs of Lyst or Oil you dig up :)

(And as refiners aren't Limited you can always sell it back at, at least some of the invested TT+ ;))

if you're a miner, getting a better transformer/refiner is worthwhile in the long run. Unless you ath on lyst, the savings are neglible for one hof.

just make sure you have a high enough TT value refiner to cover large finds. you cant do a 232ped of lyst with the TT refiner and you move pretty slow when its not all refined.

When I worked out how much I would have to refine to recover the tt+ of a better refiner it made no sense to me. I just carry a load of tt refiners around with me. If memory serves there is a VERY negligible difference in decay.

i bought OT103 and MT104, the best i could find at the time. i dont mine at all, and am not a big fan of buying sweat/nexus for ME often. i dont even really craft anymore, but seeing as im in here for the long haul, i'd thought i'd be as eco as i can, and i am quite sure that i will have made my money back by the time i want out.

besides, the tt ones break very quickly..

I use only TT refiners.
Imho it's not worth to buy another one.
I carry only one with me.
And If I have a ped more decay when refining after a HOF i really don't care ;)

I bought a OT104 and MT104 along time ago after I had gotten a couple big deposits of oil and lyst (this was before TP chips) and it was a long walk from the SC to the claim marker when you were overweight and the TT OT is broken. The only saving grace back then was keeping your loot window open which held your loot in limbo until you CTD (which was quite frequent in those days) and then you would have to stack your items in the loot window manually which is not fun when you just extracted a 400 ped lyst (back then about 20 stones per pull maybe less)

So I have used them(OT104 and MT104) ever since and usually they take care of my bigger finds with no problems and now with TP chips and grav boxes weight management is a little easier when mining. I am not sure how much difference in weight the refiners are but I think the OT104 and MT104 are much lighter than the TT refiners.

So for someone like me who both mines and hunts weight is a big deal. Now a strict miner may not have such limitations and carry around multiple refiners will not affect the overall weight of the avatar. Its a matter of choice. The only difference in refiners is tt value, weight, and decay(maybe speed too which ultimately doesnt matter unless you need to refine near big mobs) unless MA is going to make some refiner changes in the future.

My biggest gripe about refiners is its one of the few decaying items we get no skill from. We should get at least some metallurgy for ore and possible another new skill for enmatter. Then the type of refiner might play a more important role.

Last edited:
I use the MT 105 becouse I love having the best thing in one catergory.... :)

Had to buy 2 Ruga ignots for 225 PED couse the first attempt failed!

Back