Investing large amount into game

analysis and perception do exactly what you said.. rise LOOTER.
this is the only profession you need to level with codex (Thank you Evey) , the other rise naturally

That is debatable, there are other strategies

What would I do with 15,000 peds? Hunt to skill up using only an unlimited setup.
Even after cycling 15,000 multiple times over, and I end up with a 5000 ped loss.
I would then take the remaining peds to go mining and profit back the losses.

analysis and perception do exactly what you said.. rise LOOTER.
this is the only profession you need to level with codex (Thank you Evey) , the other rise naturally
Oh my mistake, I thought based on how you said that, that you were one of those theorists that thought that getting perception means a lot is nearby or something like big daddy think

Oh my mistake, I thought based on how you said that, that you were one of those theorists that thought that getting perception means a lot is nearby or something like big daddy think
MA validated those conspiracy theorists with this new addition from the Loot 2.1 update.

Your nearly their it's back to back perception gains. Means buckle up the big ones about to pop :ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO:

You should read up about lootius https://annex.fandom.com/wiki/Lootius
It was a big thing back in the day 🤣🤣🤣 Lots theorists back then.

Last edited:
I've spent thousands and never found a way to play for free. I've had CLDS and sold them because it was that or deposit again.

OP says he uses 20 usd for a week, probably that is less than a hour for You.
I guess easier to cover losses with CLD, if its 20 usd a week instead of 20 usd per 15 mins that need to be covered.

Well if you are depositing 15k ped. I would get the Platinum starter pack for the scope and sight for the efficiency boost. After that I would recommend investing around 10k in my Rental Service fund, which pays out better than CLD's and allows you to make use of that 10k using the items in the Rental service and get extra discounts and perks. I have tons of weapons in multiple playstyles so you can try out all the different weapons and accessories and a large portion of it can be funded from your returns. As you level you can move on to the next weapon until you decide to buy one of your own. Do some rifle skilling here, decide to try out melee to build up your carry weight and hp, use Mindforce or whatever interests you at the time. I am here to serve you and help make your game more fun and profitable for the both of us.

When you say $1500 is a lot do yo u mean that is all the free $ you have or a big chunk of it?

if so putting it in to CLDs is a bad idea imo - invest that in a good ETF fund and dont look at it

8% on a CLD is shit for a basically risky investment at a completely made up valuation that could drop anytime.

if $1500 is you "throw away at the bar" fund than do whatever makes you happy.

When you say $1500 is a lot do yo u mean that is all the free $ you have or a big chunk of it?

if so putting it in to CLDs is a bad idea imo - invest that in a good ETF fund and dont look at it

8% on a CLD is shit for a basically risky investment at a completely made up valuation that could drop anytime.

I play this for fun. And I DO have fun.
that is the spirit. now shot all the 20 usd ammo, buy a shredder and go to cut trees 200 ped of decay
sell to TT all the residue, rinse and repeat and enjoy looter profession rising.
shooting is funny but at low level of looter and low stats is a low return activity.
talk with your mentor and in soc, but trust no one's advice , not even mine

I would get the Platinum starter pack for the scope and sight for the efficiency boost.
This is terrible advice ^. I do not recommend it at all.
So I have have bought the gold starter pack.
Thank goodness! The gold pack is all you need to play for $20 per week.
Try the TT pistol M2100 + ZX on low-level mobs and try to be profitable.

This is terrible advice ^. I do not recommend it at all.

Thank goodness! The gold pack is all you need to play for $20 per week.
Try the TT pistol M2100 + ZX on low-level mobs and try to be profitable.
And what is so wrong with the laser scope and sight? increased skill gains and efficiency. His DPP is immaterial at this stage of the game.

If a chunk of the ped wasnt tied up in Non-TTable items that I already possess copies of I would buy a second set, wishing I had got platinum the first time around, though it was a better pack imo with all the variety mind force and pet brush. Just sucks you cant refine or TT the suit and IO etc

strongly agree on this.

What's so wrong with the laser scope and sight? increased skill gains and efficiency. His DPP is immaterial at this stage of the game.
Wow, you are telling me you really do not know? Now that is unbelievable.

How about:
  1. Paying for the extra skills through decay that does no damage? Bad move.
  2. Increasing efficiency with extra decay will loot more shrapnel? Bad move.
  3. Decreasing DPP once the item's been maxed is really stupid? Stupid move.

Is DPP immaterial? Laughable. DPP is important at every stage of hunting.
Especially with the new subtle changes Mindark has made to its algorithm.

Wow, you are telling me you really do not know? Now that is unbelievable.

How about:
  1. Paying for the extra skills through decay that does no damage? Bad move.
  2. Increasing efficiency with extra decay will loot more shrapnel? Bad move.
  3. Decreasing DPP once the item's been maxed is really stupid? Stupid move.

Is DPP immaterial? Laughable. DPP is important at every stage of hunting.
Especially with the new subtle changes Mindark has made to its algorithm.
You are always paying for skills via decay, they speed it up by giving you a multiplier that gives you more skill faster, reducing time spent not 10/10 in hit/crit so it will reduce his misses and thus putting ped into the loot pool that would just go poof.

So he is reducing his net output costs by reducing time spent not 10/10, and then increase total loot via efficiency, and only when he is mixed on a weapon will they actually lower his dpp. By that time he will be ready to move on to the next item anyways.

Also, at that level it can possibly be seen as good having that little extra TT in the loot pool when maxed as well since it will actually increase his chances of receiving non-shrapnel loot as low tt input=low tt output and it can push his loot to drop more items by having a higher amount of TT to reward loot from.

To Recap
1. Less time spent un-maxed
2. DPP Increased via chance to hit/crit while un-maxed is increased.
3. Higher efficiency, so straight up more loot, a small increase but an increase nonetheless.
4. More decay into the loot pool giving him more possible oils and non-shrapnel items while at lower level mobs.
5. Dpp only goes down once maxed on the item.

Given the other benefits I believe laser sights and scopes are worth the extra decay as long as you are not maxed on a weapon or are intentionally trying to level or are killing lower hp mobs to nudge the possibility of items over shrapnel.

Last edited:
And what is so wrong with the laser scope and sight? increased skill gains and efficiency. His DPP is immaterial at this stage of the game.

If a chunk of the ped wasnt tied up in Non-TTable items that I already possess copies of I would buy a second set, wishing I had got platinum the first time around, though it was a better pack imo with all the variety mind force and pet brush. Just sucks you cant refine or TT the suit and IO etc
Respectfully, the wriong is that you advice your rental investment in a "new player thread".
respectfully with his 3 looter scope and sight just add to the decay, adding to his losses
with less respect, he need to spend as low as he can, he need a strategy to let his "survival time" be as long as possible.

Respectfully, the wriong is that you advice your rental investment in a "new player thread".
respectfully with his 3 looter scope and sight just add to the decay, adding to his losses
with less respect, he need to spend as low as he can, he need a strategy to let his "survival time" be as long as possible.
Some people min-max punies for every pec, and some just get on with the game. At any level of play, a 0.0002 PED decay laser sight isn't going to matter to whatever side of the spectrum you sit regarding attachments. I'd still get the platinum anyway because you got it regardless and can choose whether you use it, plus you get some more skill pills.

Last edited:
You are always paying for skills via decay, they speed it up by giving you a multiplier that gives you more skill faster, reducing time spent not 10/10 in hit/crit so it will reduce his misses and thus putting ped into the loot pool that would just go poof.

So he is reducing his net output costs by reducing time spent not 10/10, and then increase total loot via efficiency, and only when he is mixed on a weapon will they actually lower his dpp. By that time he will be ready to move on to the next item anyways.

Also, at that level it can possibly be seen as good having that little extra TT in the loot pool when maxed as well since it will actually increase his chances of receiving non-shrapnel loot as low tt input=low tt output and it can push his loot to drop more items by having a higher amount of TT to reward loot from.

To Recap
1. Less time spent un-maxed
2. DPP Increased via chance to hit/crit while un-maxed is increased.
3. Higher efficiency, so straight up more loot, a small increase but an increase nonetheless.
4. More decay into the loot pool giving him more possible oils and non-shrapnel items while at lower level mobs.
5. Dpp only goes down once maxed on the item.

Given the other benefits I believe laser sights and scopes are worth the extra decay as long as you are not maxed on a weapon or are intentionally trying to level or are killing lower hp mobs to nudge the possibility of items over shrapnel.
Based on what you said above, do you know the alternative to using efficient attachments?
The best efficiency is using a maxed gun to skill up until you are maxed on the next weapon.

Some people min-max punies for every pec, and some just get on with the game. At any level of play, a 0.0002 PED decay laser sight isn't going to matter to whatever side of the spectrum you sit regarding attachments. I'd still get the platinum anyway because you got it regardless and can choose whether you use it, plus you get some more skill pills.
Certain loot drops are associated with DPP. One is the blazar fragments, the higher DPP, the higher the drop rate.

He asked for investment advice, I run an investment service, I offered my services. I would not be doing my job that I owe to those who have invested in me not to respond to such a request. Him being a new player has absolutely no standing on whether I should offer my services or not, either one of them. I also offered to spend time with him even if he wasn't going to use my services and answer questions or provide advice.
Yes. Exactly, and this is why I offered my services. For one, he is not a non-depositor that needs to squeeze every piece of shrapnel, he deposits regularly at a rate he is comfortable at, and depending on what level he is skill wise, using my rental service could be useful to him, especially if he wanted to switch between playstyles and try every thing out. Better off spending a little ped on rentals and getting to save on auction fees and taking losses because he doesnt want to wait for the item to sell or do it himself whilst also having ped tied up, going back to his time is better spent playing. And since he is a depositer I doubt he would want to stand around trying to buy and sell items he needs so he can play, which is where I can come in already having the next weapon he would need ready to go.

Also, if he can afford CLD's he can afford shares in my Investment Service. It was built FOR new players because I WAS a new player when I made my rental service. The investment Fund takes from starting out knowing only loot 2.0 and opportunities I wish were open to me and not just the high level or high spending players. It was built for the common player, to help even the field and make the money last. There was probably no one in the game than was poorer than me when I started.

Based on what you said above, do you know the alternative to using efficient attachments?
The best efficiency is using a maxed gun to skill up until you are maxed on the next weapon.

See above comments.

As someone said above. Get the starter pack, see how long you can make it last whilst learning. Fight hard for your pec's. If you profit and don't need to deposit your already set. Go spend your $1500 real land on booze, drugs or hookers (live your life).
If you use it all then, depo again but try to relearn your lessons. Its pretty simple. Minimise cost, maximise gain (markup) and be patient as nothing happens fast in this game. Entropy is real. Rushing will cost you money in the long run.
Rule no 1 what ever your doing make sure your having fun. Why punish yourself.

So I have have bought the gold starter pack, I buy the $20 ammo pack once/week.
The 1500 isn't a large amount of money for me, it's a large amount of money for me to put into a game.

I play this for fun. And I DO have fun.
then you should kill all robots!! :) gl and have fun

So my thought at this point is to buy 10 of the Large starter pack ammo refills (getting 50 skill pills/month) and 100 strongboxes for the chance at other pills and MU items.
After 2 months of this, I will see if I should alternate to 100 on refill packs, and 200 on strongboxes.
Thank you so much everyone on the insight.

Go for straight strongboxes

Skill pills not worth it on your lvl
Start thinking about skill pills when you do some dps lets say 60/70, when you unlock some skills.

Skilling up to lvl 50 is more then easy

And boxes bring 100% pills too... out of 1500 Event boxes you will have a good amount of the skill pills + mu you can sell to upgrade your dps

Dps is King in skilling

Not Saying its a Bad idea @ all
But i think its more effektive when you buy boxes

'Investing large amounts into game'

How Entropia has 'evolved' over the past 10 years!

Choose your 'friends' wisely and choose who you trust much more so! :yup:

So my thought at this point is to buy 10 of the Large starter pack ammo refills (getting 50 skill pills/month) and 100 strongboxes for the chance at other pills and MU items.
After 2 months of this, I will see if I should alternate to 100 on refill packs, and 200 on strongboxes.
Thank you so much everyone on the insight.
Go for straight strongboxes

Skill pills not worth it on your lvl
Start thinking about skill pills when you do some dps lets say 60/70, when you unlock some skills.

Skilling up to lvl 50 is more then easy

And boxes bring 100% pills too... out of 1500 Event boxes you will have a good amount of the skill pills + mu you can sell to upgrade your dps

Dps is King in skilling

Not Saying its a Bad idea @ all
But i think its more effektive when you buy boxes
I agree with naika, Only buy boxes. The only time I would suggest buying something different is when you run out of HDNA so buy the large HDNA pack every now and again if those are something you like using, otherwise stick to the boxes. You are guaranteed 10p out of every box one way or another, the chance at 100% skill pills that last 10 hours, 5 hour skill pills at 30%, and tons of 10% skill pills for 1 hr/10 hrs... With enough boxes you can keep that 10% buff running nearly any time you are playing, and save the 100% pills for long grinds once you are a higher level and have multiple unlocked skills.

On top of that you always have a chance for rings, if you dont own any, pulling an Improved ares and athenic ring would be a big boost to your setup, or a way to get some cash to pay for more play or pay for event boxes to start racking up more pills that you can sell as well as mayhem amps and the sought after event rings. Boxes have never been as cheap as they are now at 1p or less, they used to be 3-5p depending on the ring, so this is a great time to be new, as your cost to potentially get one of these is substantially lower than when I first started back in 2017 when boxes first became lootable.

Lastly since you can afford to depo, dont tt everything, build up stacks of loot like the wool and leather extractors etc, during the summer their value goes up as mindark runs an event for crafters buying up certain textiles etc. Same goes for robot loot, weapon grips, filters, and a few other things are used frequently and can be sold for a decent markup.

We could sit here for hours giving you tips and ways to make things last or have fun etc. So if you ever have questions hit me up I will be more than glad to answer any questions etc. And if you have not done your mentorship yet I would like to throw my hat in the ring to be your mentor :).

Good luck! I look forward to hearing back from you.

Back