Is is worth getting pvp gear?

deathception

Guardian
Bambideath deathception durka
Ok so recently ive been in pvp lootsble mining, and i see other ubers with rockets , is it at this point in game even wort investing in pvp gear, is there profit in it still or people still use the low hp exploit to die and not get looted?

The low HP trick was rectified by placing a new rule to supersede it; the last shot to kill gets the loot.
Is it profitable? Of course, it is; having found the right target to kill at the right time, any loot is good.

Not working as far as I know I tested in space a few months ago no longer works to have under 50% hp you will still be looted. Afaik this could changed in the meantime. When I was playing around with some pvp in arkadia I noticed some players had the ability to make me lose connection. I would be more worried about stuff like this. But yeah I would say go for it

Edit: this was done somehow I think in the chat because it did not work for them anymore after I ignore user.

I would say currently, mining in a lootable pvp area is kinda pointless. Pyrite is found in abundance in Argus which is non lootable Fire root which used to have 450% mu at one point and was a pvp only enmat is now easily available planet side. In fact leaving Blood Moss and Himi rock i dont think theres anything left thats pvp specific.

pvp is dead since 2015 or even more.There are close to 0 incentives to buy pvp gear and when its one then you will spend more on it than the product of it and meanwhile you will pick a side which automatically makes you an enemy of the other side FOR LIFE and nothing will revert that EVER.

i figured as much, ive never pvped but i have found more pyrite on the lootable areas vs non lootable pvp , but maybe its just been a lucky streak

I think its cheaper to do some "decoy-mining" than to buy gear, but I guess pvp ppl will eventualy
understand this with "decoy-mining". ;)

Lmao decoy mining could mean many things but i get it lol

I would say currently, mining in a lootable pvp area is kinda pointless. Pyrite is found in abundance in Argus which is non lootable Fire root which used to have 450% mu at one point and was a pvp only enmat is now easily available planet side. In fact leaving Blood Moss and Himi rock i dont think theres anything left thats pvp specific.
Add Vegetation Spores to the list of those outside PVP now too.

Mining in PVP is still useful in select cases where it's lower risk, but I honestly don't frequent Ark PVP anymore like I used to. It used to have better pyrite hit rates than other planets, but not anymore. Fire root isn't worth it, and I'm pretty sure blood moss is capped around size 5ish. There's really only one or two lootable PVP areas left I'd go for while mining, but that's recently been whittled down to one.

Add Vegetation Spores to the list of those outside PVP now too.

Mining in PVP is still useful in select cases where it's lower risk, but I honestly don't frequent Ark PVP anymore like I used to. It used to have better pyrite hit rates than other planets, but not anymore. Fire root isn't worth it, and I'm pretty sure blood moss is capped around size 5ish. There's really only one or two lootable PVP areas left I'd go for while mining, but that's recently been whittled down to one.
Yep thats pretty much accurate. Argus just killed pvp mining tbh.

Back