Question: Is it bad etiquette or against MA rule?

Mrjoseph

Alpha
joseph Mrjoe perez
Hello thanks for taking the time to read this thread I would like to know if following things are seen as being a ass or or forbidden by MA. (By forbidden I mean they actually do something against your account)

1. Mob stealing, ex: There is a 10 hp mob, guy 1 does 4 damage, guy 2 does 6, and guy 2 gets the reward.
2. Scamming, ex: Any thing that involves two players but not cheating
3. Using Exploits, ex: Yog Horror dilemma
4. Market Manipulation ex: (Raising the prices on resources through fake sales)

About 3 I know some avatars got 6 months ban and about point 4. few got perma.

cheat all you want its what all the cool kids do and MA don't give a crap - of course this depends on who you are :)

very few people have gotten perma ban as far as i know and likely they were back in game with alts anyway or it was their alts that got banned - wink wink ;) ;)

Hello thanks for taking the time to read this thread I would like to know if following things are seen as being a ass or or forbidden by MA. (By forbidden I mean they actually do something against your account)

1. Mob stealing, ex: There is a 10 hp mob, guy 1 does 4 damage, guy 2 does 6, and guy 2 gets the reward.
1. EULA 8.3
2. EULA 10
3. 2.7 or/and 8.10
4. EULA 8.15

EULA

1. bad etiquette if not casually happening
2.3 offenses
4. no one ggives a F*, ppl manipulating are insulted then player buy from them at higher prices

5 > 1,2,3,4...

5. If you tart looking your any rights from MA, because your are abused by 1,2,3,4... they will apply the rule 5 against you. Еspecially if you spoil the mood of the player with a deep pocket who fucks you on each of the points described above.

The word Authority, which is used in the EU, has the same value at both ends of the scale. It is enough to use normal jargon while using any exploit or deception, to claim to be an Authoritative Person, no matter what your actions. So, the rule 5 takes precedence over any of the point of rules.

1. No, unless its being done maliciously.
2. Yes, report them via Support Ticket.
3. Yes.
4. Yes but I don't think it gets looked at as much as it should. There are a ton of instances where folks put "wrong BO" or "insert excuse here" and instead of removing the listing or because a bid has already happened they ask friends (or jump on another account) to BO the item and trade back to them. It's the clearest cut form of market manipulation there is and not enough investigation/penalties handed out. The purchases leave a market data trail that other market participants look to in order to evaluate prices. This is very damaging.

1.See below.
2.See above and below.
3.See above and below.
4. Only if you get caught and see above.

If you can do it via the mechanics of the game as they are intended to work.. It's ok for MA.
2. is no against the rules.
If you put an item in trade window and accept. You accepted that you gave the items whatever the chitchat was before that.
One of the main reason that someone cannot change name. Someone may hide behind a keyboard but their avatar names cannot hide it's reputation.
A weird grey line in the scheme of enjoyment in the game but it's what it is.

7dnJWEC.png

No reply, 'nuff said? :)

Killahbee yr post is misleading... <ludwig is a forum moderator, not a game master
so if he post is for rule violation or for addressing derive in topics.

The EULA articels were posted.
actual enforcement of the same could be strict or more relaxed
vut all teh things apart jokes are not allowed.. and not here, also in real life and 99.9% of games
so it is really a useless post imho
"
can i piss on the street?
you CAN, but you SHOULD NOT......
"

All these are against EULA as far as I know.

Funny thing is that there are some of the top players that brake all these four without any actions being taken. These players bot 24/7 while also using alt accounts to scam, exploit and market manipulate.

Since above is profitable and effective for them it also lead to them being able to extract best mayhem weapons so that they get ahead of the regular players. With better profits they can also market manipulate and scam the regular players more.

Such a fun game this has become and it really motivates one to log in and play right? :)

No reply, 'nuff said? :)

Well, I don't really have much to add, as S.R. Trader already linked the relevant portions of the EULA above (and this is more of a support question, which is not really my area)... but yes, scamming and exploiting and such are against the rules, and if you believe that someone is violating the EULA, please do send in a support case about it so it can be investigated.

I'll also take the time to repeat that the "no naming/shaming" rule here on the forum still stands, and link 711's excellent post on the reasons for this rule: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...r-forum-rule-2-13-scamming-accusation.112617/

1, was searching a support reply i remember when they was told him to man / dps the f*ck up and stop crying, wasnt able to find it, found this instead.

Hi XY

"Kill stealing" is a well known phenomena. Morally it is of course objectionable. For ethical reasons participants should not attack creatures other participants are handling, however, there is no prohibition against it. Since you meet real people in Entropia Universe you will now and then meet people that do not follow the same ethical codes as you do.

Should this lead to systematic harassment, we will intervene, but single incidents are hard to prevent.

Kind regards,
XY | Entropia Universe Support

2, Many was banned for different shady things, scams, just search PCF about cannot log in threads.

3, Peoples were banned for half year for yog exploit.

4, Probably many peoples were banned too, search again for banned peoples in PCF, many threads about them, all said he did nothing ofc.

Reactions: jak
Well, I don't really have much to add, as S.R. Trader already linked the relevant portions of the EULA above (and this is more of a support question, which is not really my area)... but yes, scamming and exploiting and such are against the rules, and if you believe that someone is violating the EULA, please do send in a support case about it so it can be investigated.

I'll also take the time to repeat that the "no naming/shaming" rule here on the forum still stands, and link 711's excellent post on the reasons for this rule: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...r-forum-rule-2-13-scamming-accusation.112617/
Sorry and thanks :)

When written rules aren't enforced, there are no rules.

In legal standing, you lose precedent and therefore have no grounds to enforce further. This area being more gray since they can do whatever they want, would have trouble standing up to legal challenge if any enforcement after a series of considerable non-enforcement caused serious damage.

When written rules aren't enforced, there are no rules.
When good, proper rules are ignored just because you can "get away with it", it's not a rules issue, it's an ethics issue.

I specify "good, proper", because yes, stupid rules can exist (I.E. must wear red shirt IRL when playing in PVP ingame.)
There are unenforceable rules that I stick with, not because I can't figure how to break them, (I could, and make a lot of money from it) but because I wouldn't feel good about doing it.
However, in fairness, there are unenforceable rules that I break because I am comfortable that I'm not stealing or improperly infringing on other's enjoyment and complying w/ those rules would impede my enjoyment of the game. Ironically, breaking some rules might actually cost me more money and time, but it's how I want to enjoy the game and again, I'm ethically comfortable that my actions aren't detrimental to others.

That link has a link to Jimmy B - brought back a lot of memories.

Treat others as you would have them treat you. The golden rule of Entropia.

It's unethical, but sometimes two players unintentionally go for the same mob and may want to shoot it out to get the loot unless one immediately backs off. This tends to happen on lower level mobs in my experience, as higher level mobs take more time. An accident is okay, but I have seen some players intentionally try to mob steal. I usually just move to a different area, and either accept the loss incurred, but I have always thought the loss pf ammo on a mob another takes from you would come back in a loot return anyway through the game mechanic, although I could be wrong.

Reactions: jak
I stole an atrox young from the game once, I keep it in my garage. MA have never asked for it back.
Be careful, it may be feeding on rats and mice, and next time you open the garage door a Stalker could pounce on you and unless you are armoured, carrying a gun and a fap, you could be in big trouble as real life has no revive terminal.

Be careful, it may be feeding on rats and mice, and next time you open the garage door a Stalker could pounce on you and unless you are armoured, carrying a gun and a fap, you could be in big trouble as real life has no revive terminal.
No doubt Rick has tamed it by now.

Not many rules are enforced due to small player base and nobody wants to insult big investors to the company.

Ah heck. Photo got deleted =/ Idk how to post them on the forums I forget.

Back