Question: Is it just me, or are people almost donating skills?

NoBion

Elite
Society
Freelancer
NoBion Nob Andersen
Through time, maybe more than ever recently people have been selling out, including skills.

Some are giving them away more or less for the TT of the esi and etc. Is there really so much money in doing that, that they are okay with selling something off that likely cost them many times more to get? Seems like a bad deal. A very bad one

My advice is to sell out stuff, wait 1-2 years to see if you come back. If not, sell the skills also.

I have never been able to get a answer out of anyone selling out. It either ends with them getting the question deleted or not answering. So maybe someone here could give an insight in to why, and how Many money is really hidden behind selling skills at what is basicly TT price if you have for example 250k skills

maybe its an sort of safe measure to not being lured back in
i can imagine if some1 really wants to stop they will sell all..cashout and nver look back

if i would sell out and keep skills i'd probably be inclined to start playing again sooner or later

A lot people sold out because they used to profit for many years and now the even have a hard time to break even

So no those people dont "selling something off that likely cost them many times more to get", they had their good times here and now are just moving on...

maybe its an sort of safe measure to not being lured back in
i can imagine if some1 really wants to stop they will sell all..cashout and nver look back

if i would sell out and keep skills i'd probably be inclined to start playing again sooner or later

It is definitely this.

Some skills have always had extremely low value to the point of not being worth the trouble of chipping out. By selling them for TT value, the user pays for the ESI, loses the 10%, and pays you an extra 100% on top of that. Actually, it's a pretty good deal.

The big problem is that MA keeps making it easier to gain skills and there are now a great many avatars with 300-400k skills, but there is no benefit in getting past level 100. Plus, it takes an extreme amount of time and effort to chip out and sell that many skills. It is way easier to just tell people to bring their own ESI and a few PEDs and you'll fill it for them.

Selling out hunting skills is very hard. Even for a medium level player it takes hundreds of esi's to chip out hunting skills. Selling them on auction takes months too, so offering them for tt makes sense to people selling out or trying to reduce skills.

I don't think it's so much about lots of people selling out, more that no-one has any interest in buying skills and so the market is completely dead. With all the endless skill boosts, pills and buffs, on top of the fact that there's almost no point at all in having the skills to hunt high level mobs anyway, I don't know why anyone would want to chip in.

Nowadays a new player can buy a few strongboxes and use the stuff they get from them to be instantly as efficient and eco as I am after 9 years of skilling to Level 100+

My perspective is a hunter's one, but I think it's a similar situation in mining (90% crap resources even with high depth tools, so why not just use low level gear which needs little skill) and crafting (everyone clicking explosives).

Back