Is it permitted to post images from other MMOs in this area?

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Hi. As the topic states: Are we permitted to post images from other MMOs in this Off Topic section?

I only ask because I have some amazing "wishful space" imagery that, perhaps, will inspire Entropia to aim in that direction?

Thanks.

One way to find out. I know they don't like it when you post other games signup codes. :)

Hi. As the topic states: Are we permitted to post images from other MMOs in this Off Topic section?

I only ask because I have some amazing "wishful space" imagery that, perhaps, will inspire Entropia to aim in that direction?

Thanks.

There are no other MMOs and we have always been at war with Oceania ;)

(but seriously I'd like to see your ideas regardless of where you source them from)

Hmm.. no response yet from any admins.

I have also Reported this thread, and hope some admin can comment on this topic.

Thanks. :)

3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such, references, threads or posts, including, without limitation, those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures, may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.
That's the most relevant bit I could find in the forum rules. Looks like it's more a matter of common sense. If someone is posting a one-off image like you describe, that's probably fine. Someone constantly posting about that game X has Y would probably cross the line.

So in my case, I'd be perfectly fine saying I haven't been playing Entropia as much this month because I (finally) decided to try out Witcher 3 and wanted to finish that up. That's as much mention that game will get here, so I wouldn't be worried about that being seen as advertising or drawing away players from EU. If it were a more direct competitor, I don't know if much discussion here would be tolerated and would be better left for a non-MA/PP forum.

The only question I'd have is with respect to copyright, etc. If you're posting a screenshot of another game here on the forum itself rather than just linking somewhere, is that an issue?

Ah just post your stuff already @Shard-Angel .

I think so long as the context isn't, "Entropia is shit - this other thing is better" you won't make any admins cry,

MA always becomes hectic, if someone mentiones, that MA's product is not alone on the world anymore.
If you are old enough, you may remember the debate about talking about "Afterworld".

The point is, if MA accepts talking about competitors as a chance to learn from their customer's feedback and adapts.
Or if MA decides for active censorship, hoping we, their customers are hardwired to nothing else than this forum and we do not know about the rest of the internet.
And so MA can't adapt.

Last edited:
Yeh but Afterworld was kinda... well I can see why they didn't want people talking about it. Same as they probably don't want folks taking about that other MMO that's in development.

But this said, I don't think there is any more harm in using screenshots or ideas/videos from other MMOs to illustrate a development/appearance desire, any more than there is a problem with me posting the occasional video of what graphics demos people are putting together with the Unreal 5 Engine Beta.

Back