Question: Is it possible to leave your account in your Will or to your Estate?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
As I get older, I wonder what my options are for the future of my account if something was to happen to me. Are we permitted to leave our account to a beneficiary? Has anybody set this up? If so, what steps should I take? Or, do do all of our items, deeds and PED just get absorbed and cycled back into the platform?

I am really curious about this issue too.

I think I saw a post about this happened who was trying to retrieve items from his dead brother's account.

ive actually asked a similar question via ticket about 2yrs ago.. never got a reply

imo the game should at least have something built in for an "alternate contact/account holder" should the primary be passed away or unable to be contacted at a very minimum

I think Serica already nailed it 7 years ago, and nothing has changed in the ToS (that I can see) related to this:
There is a thread by Siam here: EU will execution which includes information from support cases about this issue.

In summary:
1. Make a legal will (you should do this to cover your RL assets in any case). In your will, you will appoint an executor.
2. Your assets in EU form part of your personal estate to be managed by your appointed executor. If you want some person other than your executor to be appointed to manage your EU assets, I would suggest you keep a written codecil detailing exactly what you want done with your EU account, and naming the person you want to have do that together with their contact details. After all, if your executor is your husband/wife, and they're not a gamer, they'll need help in chipping out your avatar etc.
3. When you die, your executor will need to contact MindArk, providing a copy of your death certificate (to show you're dead), your will (to show he's the legally appointed executor), and the codecil (if you have one). MindArk will then give them access to your account, so that your instructions can be carried out.

Note: MindArk may agree to assist with creation of a memorial, but only if that's requested by the executor, and that if you want that to happen, I'd suggest you mention it in your will (or codecil).

Also, an old answer from support (2010):
Support said:
Hi,
In the case of a death, an inventory must be drawn up of the deceased’s assets. Since your limited license right to use an Entropia Universe Account, subject to the terms and conditions of the EULA and ToU, you might want such access rights to the Account to be part of your estate inventory.
The heirs can then decide whether they want to continue using the Account or if they wish to cancel it. In both cases a verified copy of the estate inventory must be sent to us along with a verified copy of an identification document of the person representing the estate. Pursuant to Terms of Use 3.1§, the Account information, i.e. user name and contact information, will then be changed accordingly giving the representative of the estate full access to use the Entropia Universe Account and the virtual items connected to it. Note that Terms of Use 2.1§ still apply prohibiting the use of multiple accounts.
If this person does not wish to use the Account in order to participate in Entropia Universe, he/she can ask us to cancel the Account, meaning that the Account will be purged. All skills and items will be deleted and the TT value of the items will be transferred to the PED card if the value is at least 1000 PED as stated in the Terms of Use 7§. Thereafter, the person obtaining the right to use the Account can initiate a withdrawal for the PED value available on the Entropia Universe Account.
Note that withdrawals incur a fee of 1%. More information can be found here:
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/deposits-and-withdrawals/withdrawal-faq/
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Reference: https://account.entropiauniverse.co...ccount-maintenance/what-happens-with-my-acco/

thats cute.. all items deleted and tt value placed on card for withdrawls.. so like large investors in LA's, shops, ships etc with a tt value of 0 get screwed? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
this is totally ridiculous. I should worry about my game when I get a serious car accident lol

I think the idea of having to have a secondary contact info (e.g. wife, family member) on account is a good way to solve the problem.
bcuz my wife knows I have some money in my account she will definitely want to retrieve ;)

Yes but try really really hard not to die please ;)

totally agree... we all soo worried somenoe else gonna steal our money we have 2 step logins!!! but in the event something happens to you even mentally MA just deletes it which is obviously totally kewl =p

I know several people who have left basic instructions in a will on on how to log in, and how to contact someone. They have before hand asked a trusted friend to help with the liquidation of the assets. Having been in the sad position of having to help with this before, I know its not ideal but better than tting everything.

well its settled! im leaving EVERYTHING to mum!! even my priceless 0/4 monria page collection! =p

I dont like how the skills get deleted, and no compensation given for them. The only way to get money from skills is the complicated chipping out process. They do this intentionally because even at 90% of tt value (like using an esi) some people have 5 digit thousands of ped in skills, and getting ESI's are even hard now that people are constantly chipping down for mayhem categories. ESI's should drop way more frequently so that there is more value in the skills than in the ESI.. except for maybe 5 or 6 skills, the ESI has a higher MU than the skill do, and the skills with the most TT like anatomy and other skills that are super easy to gain have no value or even negative value where people will pay you to take their skills away.

Skills cost money from cycling ped over and over again and should be paid out in the case of closing an account. even if its only 90% of the TT equivalent. Skills have value Mindark even markets that when you want to quit you can sell your skills. They just made it nearly impossibly, prohibitively expensive, and a royal pain in the arse.

This interesting for me too, so I have began to look at aspects of this and what can be done, what MAs p.o.v is and so on.
So far I have only looked at it briefly in a legal p.o.v, and in a more general way, not specific for MA and players, but that
will come soon.

I have been battling cancer for almost a decade now and live in a nursing home, so when I started investing in the game I made sure to have a backup plan. Instructions to my loved ones on what Entropia is and who to contact along with my account information in my will, and a trusted friend who will sell my in-game assets so it can be withdrawn so my family members can get more than the tt value or essentially nothing, which I am sure MA would love to happen and family members who do not know any better would not realize how much money they are actually losing following MA's guide to dealing with it. But the key is you have to have a plan in place for he unfortunate eventuality that you will someday day, and if you want your loved ones to get the actual value of what you have invested or have on your account you need to be pro-active.

sounds like a good opportunity for an enterprising lawyer, wills for those with virtual assets, maybe non-profits looking for donations should get on this too, instead of all those billboards asking me to donate my car to charity, I can get banner ads asking me to donate my virtual assets to charity....

thats cute.. all items deleted and tt value placed on card for withdrawls.. so like large investors in LA's, shops, ships etc with a tt value of 0 get screwed? lol

The items would be reduced to TT-value either only if:

a) The person managing the estate is not able to sell such items and just want to cash out (honestly fairly likely)

b) The account is inactive for over a year (which happens regardless of death or just inactivity)

So if you have significant assets in-game, have a will, and have instructions for what must be done with items like deeds.

I also had a support case somewhat related to this a few months ago for those that haven't read MA's response.

This is one subject they really should respond to as it defines their faith in the longevity of this game and their trustworthyness to a loyal playerbase with legit worries. Non response leaves the definition as "LONG CON grifter game with marks".

When my wife died long time ago, I just logged in her account and sold everything from her character including skills. I didn't care about how much I would recover, but it's the way I did it.
We had each our own computer and account.
But indeed it's a concern for everyone.

Back