Is it possible to profit in Entropia? Yes it's possible!

BlackPanther

Young
Julian BlackPanther CrafterDynasty
When I read an article about Entropia back in 2006, I thought “why do people invest 100k USD” in a computer game. So I started reading and investigating. At the end I started playing Entropia to see if it is possible to make money.

After all these years I would like to share at least my answer. Yes it is possible to make money. I did profit more than 100k PED within the last 3 to 4 years (without any ATH ever). And in general it’s possible to profit in all 3 main professions. Nevertheless I did the most profit when crafting, because that’s my main profession. Just to give an idea. I crafted items of more than 2 Mio PED of TT in this time.

And in general it seems – at least for me – you are able to make a margin (profit) of about 5% in average.

So everyone just thinking of start playing Entropia: Keep in mind that at the beginning it’s very difficult to profit. First problem is, that you don’t have a clue what you are doing (main problem :ahh: ... and I could add things here as well :laugh:). And secondly you are not skilled enough to do things that profit (minor problem).

Hope someone finds this helpful ... and always have a lot of fun when playing!

PS: Anyone asking about why you should scan mobs/robots/... In fact I believe a lot of people just do it to get cheap skills. But in fact my observation is that with higher “scanner skills” you are able to loot “higher valued” (uber) items. I don’t mean that you loot more. But you are able to loot different things (with the better "knowledge" of the mob/robot)

Show us the withdraws?

Also tell us how you did it, what you started doing and progression from there on.

Why ?

Well because no one is going to believe you...

I believe this is possible, but how to is hard.

Interessting. I didn't expect that question. I never withdrawed that money. I just bought a lot of land deeds these days. They are a good investment (as long as you trust ... anyway there is always risk with high return investments).

... anyway there is no need to trust. Just do it your own way. That's what Entropia is for :D

Last edited:
not much detail

do you work for mindark or something? :D

It seems you both are not playing long enough to understand. There is no sense in explaining how it did that. As you might no have the chance to do the same things. And of course if everyone is doing it the same way, it will not work. It was just an information.

But for those of you, who only believe what they see. This screenshot might help

screenshot.jpg

I just bought a lot of land deeds these days. They are a good investment

that would be why he's promoting to play and decay more.....

It's true it is possible but not sure how possible. seems about 1/10 of my disciples seem to do well and profit the other 9 do not do well.

I agree you have to think about what you are doing. And I DON'T promote to do anything. Just take it as it is ... an information for those interessed in.

Since you have that much peds and land deeds, care to spare one with a fellow entropian? I'll put it at good use lol

cool story bro

It seems you both are not playing long enough to understand. There is no sense in explaining how it did that. As you might no have the chance to do the same things. And of course if everyone is doing it the same way, it will not work. It was just an information.

But for those of you, who only believe what they see. This screenshot might help

i have been playing longer than the date my forum account was created ;)

and that screenshot only proves you can deposit large amounts, its not evidence of profit my friend, 2million ped tt crafted, 320k ped of land deeds, and a sizeable amount of resources on you, blanked out ped card on your entropia tracker info shows total global values since 2008 is 154k peds.

So did you buy 320k of land deeds with your crafting profits only?

Do the math. 2 Mio PED over 4 years means only 1370 PED every day. That's e.g. about 2 Kesmek Bik (L). It's not a big deal to craft 2 Mio PED in this time (the big deal is to sell all the stuff :laugh:). And if you decide to craft the right things you will profit. Even 5% is not much. We all know, if you are lucky you can have much more, but there are also days you are loosing money.

Do the math. 2 Mio PED over 4 years means only 1370 PED every day. That's e.g. about 2 Kesmek Bik (L). It's not a big deal to craft 2 Mio PED in this time (the big deal is to sell all the stuff :laugh:). And if you decide to craft the right things you will profit. Even 5% is not much. We all know, if you are lucky you can have much more, but there are also days you are loosing money.

well good going to you, with that amount of land deed you wont ever need to depo again

... on your entropia tracker info shows total global values since 2008 is 154k peds.

Never registered for entropia tracker. But as globals gives you about 5% of your revenues, those 154k peds just support the 2 Mio PEDs, right?

But as said before. I'm sure there are people out there who have the same question that I had back in 2006. That's why I wrote this here. Honestly I would have been glad at this time, when someone could have given me the answer. But on the otherhand so far I had a lot of fun (and some bad days :laugh:)

Dang! My goal is to get 300 or so land deeds!

Me so jealous!!!

:tongue2:

Kind of an aside here: I think I understand your strategy, but what do you do the rest of the time? Usually I do about 1k ped of crafting for the whole week of what I sell, and then go hunting/mining and lose my crafting profits usually before I've earned them because it takes less than 5 minutes to make say 20 amps or 400 stackables.

Congratulations on your success. :)

I don't think I've ever felt the need to question someone's claim of success, especially in this game. I don't need to grill you about seeing bank statements, withdrawals or any other "proof". If you're telling the truth, great. If not, so be it. Either way, it doesn't affect me in any way at all. So I do not understand some of the comments on this thread. :confused: :scratch2:

Y'know what? Never mind. That issue is already bringing this thread off topic.

*Off to start a new thread.*

During the past several weeks we have seen a lot of complaining about poor loot..... especially after MM...

And in last several days we have seen threads claiming loot return arround 90%..

.. and now this...and suggesting to buy more cld.....

I'm losing trust on MA , also i'm a bit paranoid... (sorry if you are honest and genuine)

So, putting all these together.... it sounds fishy to me....:)

Having said that.... I'm 100% certain (did it by myself) it's possible to make peds by trading.... but the margin is very low... and it takes long time. The gain once can get is not worth the time and effort one has to put into into it!

Yeah its possible.

Otherwise we wouldn't have Rocktropia, Treasure Island and various other LA's.

Plenty of top level hunters, miners, crafters and traders make money too.

You are obviously one of them, well done. :)

Im so sorry that i contributed to your success with my looses, anyway gratz.

Thingie about scaner is total BS because i shud be milioner by now.

so now i know where my deposits went.......................

A question:

How much did you deposit
a) before you were able to see regular crafting profits
b) ever

I don't think the question is 'can you profit'.. I think the real question is: How many of us do profit??

And where do the peds come from for those who profit? --> the plenty of loosers

Although it's possible to make profits in this game, it's very hard!
And there are reasons to be suspicious here... read post number 8 in the linked thread

I don't think the question is 'can you profit'.. I think the real question is: How many of us do profit??

I did (made peds) in last 7 days... not sure how much... but i can confirm i've made peds :)

Last edited:
do you have a imp or mod fap, or other similar toys? i ask because i believed you right up to the screenshot, of course its possible to profit in this game. however i cant imagine the point of playing, amassing 320k and not buying uber toys, or withdrawing.

This makes sense. Yeah 1 out 10 are going to nearly break even, 1 - 100 are going to break even, 1 - 1000 is going to make a profit 1%. Higher 1 person profit more people will lose, but how many of those players play for profit and how many play for fun??

When I read an article about Entropia back in 2006, I thought “why do people invest 100k USD” in a computer game. So I started reading and investigating. At the end I started playing Entropia to see if it is possible to make money.

After all these years I would like to share at least my answer. Yes it is possible to make money. I did profit more than 100k PED within the last 3 to 4 years (without any ATH ever). And in general it’s possible to profit in all 3 main professions. Nevertheless I did the most profit when crafting, because that’s my main profession. Just to give an idea. I crafted items of more than 2 Mio PED of TT in this time.

And in general it seems – at least for me – you are able to make a margin (profit) of about 5% in average.

So everyone just thinking of start playing Entropia: Keep in mind that at the beginning it’s very difficult to profit. First problem is, that you don’t have a clue what you are doing (main problem :ahh: ... and I could add things here as well :laugh:). And secondly you are not skilled enough to do things that profit (minor problem).

Hope someone finds this helpful ... and always have a lot of fun when playing!

PS: Anyone asking about why you should scan mobs/robots/... In fact I believe a lot of people just do it to get cheap skills. But in fact my observation is that with higher “scanner skills” you are able to loot “higher valued” (uber) items. I don’t mean that you loot more. But you are able to loot different things (with the better "knowledge" of the mob/robot)

what i find most impressive... is that these are your top globals...

Simple II Plastic Ruds

2009-09-21 08:40:19

Simple I Plastic Ruds

2011-08-29 09:06:31

GeoTrek LP470 Manis (L)

2009-08-11 06:21:06

Simple I Plastic Springs

2011-04-13 16:15:27

Simple III Conductors

2010-07-25 13:20:12

you have a total of
182,772 peds in globals...

0 mining globals
0 hunting globals..

but the thing i find most impressive... is that your luck index... a thing that compares all your globals to the average global size for the item you crafted is -27k peds..

for example...
player X has 10 globals on atrox for 600 peds... (60 peds average global size)
but the average global size over the history of the game is 100 peds... you luck index is -400 peds...

thus this shows that you could be in for a nice HOF if you still crafted...

based on your tracker stats your numbers dont add up...

but i DO think it is possible to make large amounts of monies in this game if you play it right... and know what your doing

Predicting your towers/aths, prognosing MU, fortune-telling based on your tracker, mining horoscope.

Hereditary miner, 110% success, no-NRF-er.

Cheap. PM.

I never tried to get an ATH. There is no way to predict an ATH (as far as I know). It would be gambling if you try to get an ATH to profit. But of course someone is able to craft the right things and make a continously small margin. Don't expect to make big money at one day! If you taking to much risk you will probably loose a large portion of your money instead of making profit.

Back