Is it really that hard?

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
Is it really that hard MindArk?

I mean seriously. Since VU10 you've (Addressing MindArk here, for some reason it was edited out of the title; so much for free speech!!!!) managed to piss off the majority of the playerbase and I just want to ask - is it really that hard not to?

LOOT - It doesn't affect your profits how loot is distributed, but all you have to do to make more people happy and keep them as active depositors is to move that slider back to the middle.

Loot Slider:
Every other player ----------------------------<=>---Ubers

EVENTS - Its supposed to be one of the most simple things ever. It starts on x date and finishes on x date and everyone has a fair chance with no bias whatsoever. What on earth caused there to be such a massive screw up in SGA that several items dropped AFTER the end date and to the same people? What good does it do to you mindark? The people who get all the good items might be happy but they aren't the only ones who pay your way!
SYSTEMS & BUGS - Fix whats there before adding new systems! AND bring back the old systems we are still waiting for instead of wasting time on new ones which very few people will use anyway which is partly another screw up on your side for making it such an unreliable and CRAP one! [NOBODY WANTS TO ''RANDOMLY'' LOSE AN ENHANCER THAT COST THEM 35PED OR RISK LOSING A HIGHLY VALUABLE ITEM WHILST TIERING IT UP! YOU USE THE WORD RANDOM LIKE DYNAMIC, ITS A SYSTEM THAT IS BIASED THAT YOU JUST DON'T WANT US TO KNOW ABOUT AND WE KNOW THAT NOW ANYWAY.]

RESET YOUR FOCUS - The original concept was the best one i've ever seen for an online game, maybe the people running the game now should stop thinking like oil and logging companies and start thinking more like game designers. What you're doing now is draining your resources (our money) too quickly for it to replenish itself which ultimately will cause the collapse of the whole company, its the basic physics of running a company like this, although it is widely ignored. Forget money for the moment, focus on making the game better - add tutorials for new players and work on keeping your current userbase happy which you're not doing very well at the moment. "Invest in the future" You did that well before and now its time to start doing it again, new planets won't save you - especially if the loot system is the same on all those planets.

The original concept:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WI2u5uA-w[/YOUTUBE]

(Sayah King is probably dead now... R.I.P)

2009 ended the worst way it could - let 2010 be the real second golden age

Last edited:
Each time I watch the sayha kign trailer I want the old PE back :( for each time it seems as if the new entropia just looses a bit more of its "soul" now as it plays :\

Money drives Mindark, they dont care about the player base, they dont care how meny bugs are in EU or they would have fixed them. Greedy bankers springs to mind, if mindark keeps running EU like this some day it will crash and burn.

Looks like the tier rates on weapons can vary greatly on the same gun too.. making a simple task like choosing a weapon at it's correct value a pure fucking headache! I'm loosin it fast.

Back in the day, loot seemed very well distributed. I think that once huge uber loots and ATHs came along, that is when the loot was unbalanced. I don't know about all of you, but i'd certainly be happier with a nice return rate than the possibility of getting a 1k+ peds hof. Go back to the 500 peds ATHs, globals actually meaning something and spread the wealth. Though, with today's state of the game and items costing an arm and a leg, that will never happen.

It's strange how much less whining there was back then. If it wasn't for rubber-banding and a few other bugs, I think the old PE days would have been close to perfect in respect to the content.

Ahhh Sayah King... you should have warned us the virtual universe would become like this!

Back in the day, loot seemed very well distributed. I think that once huge uber loots and ATHs came along, that is when the loot was unbalanced. I don't know about all of you, but i'd certainly be happier with a nice return rate than the possibility of getting a 1k+ peds hof. Go back to the 500 peds ATHs, globals actually meaning something and spread the wealth. Though, with today's state of the game and items costing an arm and a leg, that will never happen.

It's strange how much less whining there was back then. If it wasn't for rubber-banding and a few other bugs, I think the old PE days would have been close to perfect in respect to the content.

Ahhh Sayah King... you should have warned us the virtual universe would become like this!

This is exactly what the majority of the players i know of would like the game to be again. Balanced loot! In the past, you'd know the maximum loss u'd get wouldn't reach even 40% in a 100 ped run! Most of the hunts would end with a +- 20% return on break even (80-120% of the investment). Now, you have to hunt with at least ten times more ammo, and 3 days in a row at least to average things up a bit.. and even then...

Each time I watch the sayha kign trailer I want the old PE back :( for each time it seems as if the new entropia just looses a bit more of its "soul" now as it plays :\

I agree 100 % bring back old loot and old game! Atleast then some fun stuff dropped. Now I might aswell drive to MA office and hand over an envelope with my money since they are going to be lost in an hour or 2 anyways.

This is exactly what the majority of the players i know of would like the game to be again. Balanced loot! In the past, you'd know the maximum loss u'd get wouldn't reach even 40% in a 100 ped run! Most of the hunts would end with a +- 20% return on break even (80-120% of the investment). Now, you have to hunt with at least ten times more ammo, and 3 days in a row at least to average things up a bit.. and even then...

It can all be explained in one simple word " GREED "

I hold on to my account and keep it active but don't play in hopes that in the future in hopes that someday MA will have a change in management to folks that UNDERSTAND gaming and how to balance. Until that day comes, I protest with my bank account and inactivity.

So many of my friends have left, most have sold out completely with no hope or intention of returning.

If you ONLY want ubers and 3 day noobs, MA, you're on the right track.

Weird thing that, I remember a lot of people saying the same thing for the past two years regarding the uber loots and them getting told to get lost and to stop playing if they didn't like it.

Weird thing that, I remember a lot of people saying the same thing for the past two years regarding the uber loots and them getting told to get lost and to stop playing if they didn't like it.

Back then things weren't as bad as they are now. Although the signs were there that it would get worse loot was still pretty decent and ATH's didn't happen every other week like they do now.

I just remembered,, in the first golden age,, you could purchase alot of various clothes like all the urban nomad stuff etc, from a.. what was it? a merchant? What happened to that this golden age? :scratch2:

Hahahaha, yeah. And people ARE now. My once full friend list is bare, and the folks on my FL aren't exactly new players.

Just rofl, give us more than 95% tt returns, come on MA you are soooooo greeeddy

Give us more returns and you will go bankrupt and not exist anymore

But we don't care, we just want more more more more morem oremore

Yeah makes sense to me....in fact a fantastic business plan.....everyone profits = every one happy

Rgds

Ace

At least for a few days untill they no longer are trading

ROFL

95% lol. What's that???? I've not seen a 95% return in > 9 months.

Old PE :
Fun concept, even loot distribution, nice community, blood, ghostwalking, remaining mob corpses and rewarding gameplay with speed and hunting tactics.

Horrible technology with multum LAG, disconnections, red light disctrics with disappearing towns and many server downs.

New PE:
Millionare investment concept, poor vs rich loots, paranoid community, bloodless, disappearing mob carcasses, dead people stuck att revivals, slow gameplay with crawling avatars.

Great servers that seldom LAG, disconnect the player, get affected areas dissappearing or goes down.

Feels like MA has learnt how to make their cow produce massive amounts of milk, but forgotten how to make the milk drinkable for it's customers.

I can only dream about how old PE would be with today's server reliability...

Mmm... items in loots... *drools*

The reasoning behind the bigger loots was to increase the drop rate of the big tt L items. Get rid of the big loots, you lose or decrease their drop rate of the big L items and your forcing people back on to the UL path just where MA don't want us to be as it doesn't generate as much decay.

Personally, I'd love the chance to be able to play like I did 2-3 years ago, before the regen mobs, before I lost the chance to skill naturally to uber, before I lost the chance to upgrade my gear by hunting but that means hurting the player base that MA seem to cater for the most or atleast pay the most attention to.

Apart from that, how many have already stated that the real reason they stick around is to 'win big'.

Last edited:
Try reading EVERY long term blog on this forum, hunting, mining, crafting

Rgds

Ace

Try reading EVERY blog and thread and post that say they get alot LESS than 95%, I know that some of them may not be true but most of them are. If I were interested in blogging my returns I know i'd one of those that get considerably less than 95%. But hey.. screenie or i didn't happen right? And btw.. MA or Marco whatevere say they expect player life is 6 months... so why would anyone expect to have to play for 4 or more years before they see that 95% return. And then maybe get ya head out of ya ass and make new ava start fresh and play for a year as if you never played before and document everything..95% yeah right.

I've depo'd about 80k ped in my 21 months of playing.. in globals and hofs i've back about 27k ped i think.. you think markups from noob mobs and skills make it upto 95% ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see someone from MA read this. And I want them to respond. I wonder what they would say? They know damn well that everyone who isn't brand new or uber is annoyed ATM. Newbies aren't annoyed because they're too busy being overwhelmed with the lack of direction and BOREDOM of sweating. Ubers aren't complaining because they are the ones owning LA's, OLA's, space stations, and getting their free oil at the Rig. Mid level players are getting destroyed.

The one question that I MUST know of MA is...
Why the hell do you think that what you're doing is making the game better?

It makes no sense! Just thinking about this conundrum is enough to make my face melt with non-understanding and blatant rage.

Rule 1 of owning a business: Make a profit.
Rule 2 of owning a business: Make sure your customers are happy with your product or service so they come back and buy again.

Rule number 2 creates a positive cyclical system. People will keep coming back for your product or service if they are pleased with it, and if the cost-to-enjoyment factor is good.

Why would anyone buy a half-melted ice cream for $5 at Ice Cream Shoppe A
when they could get a properly frozen ice cream for $4 at Ice Cream Shoppe B?

Unless they believe that possibly in the future Shoppe A has a chance of being better than Shoppe B. Or maybe they had been buying from Shoppe A for years and all of a sudden they bought a new freezer that is shoddy.

It boggles the mind.
:mad:

</i'm sorry this was such a long-winded post but i'm excruciatingly disappointed with the way EU's being managed>

After getting killed by one-crits three times in one hour's game played on mobs I can normally take, I just logged off to play another MMORPG which is free from monthly fees.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't see what is exciting in dumping 8 ped ammo into a mob to get killed in one hit without a chance of surviving.

Maybe if all fed up PE players got together and made a new MMORPG with a RCE, avoiding all MA's flaws? I cannot do programming, but I have a lot of nice ideas! :D

A game where people are more equal and drop rates on uber armors aren't lowered in the middle of it all? Who's with me? :yay:

There is so many untruths and exaggerations in this thread it hurts my head.

I loose plenty of peds... most of the time i know where.

Sky must be falling lol

p.s. sweating is meant to be boring ;)

Money drives Mindark, they dont care about the player base, they dont care how meny bugs are in EU or they would have fixed them. Greedy bankers springs to mind, if mindark keeps running EU like this some day it will crash and burn.

And money is driving a lot of players and they dont care about MA. Greedy players try to suck dry other players.
isnt it that the pot blames the kettle?

I dont say that PE is paradise and yes there are quit some bugs lately and things missing, but lately I change my way of playing and it go's not to bad, besides its a new chalange to hurdle.

Just my thought.
Ion

Super Greedy Age that is :)
everyone wants some actions. hehehehehe
everyone came because the commercial about how much money is here.
everyone knows after a few days that it isnt like that.
after awhile you are just addicted.
It is really hard to stop :)

p.s. sweating is meant to be boring ;)

I don't think it has to be boring. If anything, the "new player" activity should be exciting so the new players get hooked right off the bat. That would be a good business practice.

The reasoning behind the bigger loots was to increase the drop rate of the big tt L items. Get rid of the big loots, you lose or decrease their drop rate of the big L items and your forcing people back on to the UL path just where MA don't want us to be as it doesn't generate as much decay.

Personally, I'd love the chance to be able to play like I did 2-3 years ago, before the regen mobs, before I lost the chance to skill naturally to uber, before I lost the chance to upgrade my gear by hunting but that means hurting the player base that MA seem to cater for the most or atleast pay the most attention to.

Apart from that, how many have already stated that the real reason they stick around is to 'win big'.

Exactly, it has turned into a lottery. I agree with everything you say.

A fun game is not imo running around being eco, killing snables to get 90% returns. A fun game is to play like an ass and still do ok, which would be a bit more possible if the hofs were spread out in smaller portions.

But I believe we are a minority who thinks like this. And since MA makes more $ on catering to peoples gambling desires, things wont change.

Just rofl, give us more than 95% tt returns, come on MA you are soooooo greeeddy

Give us more returns and you will go bankrupt and not exist anymore

But we don't care, we just want more more more more morem oremore

Yeah makes sense to me....in fact a fantastic business plan.....everyone profits = every one happy

Rgds

Ace

At least for a few days untill they no longer are trading

ROFL

I wish my ped card wasn't empty....I'd do a blog and show you what BS that statement really is. :rolleyes:

Maybe you and a few others are getting 95% TT back....

I salute you cause I can't get above 50% more than 1 in 10 runs anymore. ;)

I guess I must have forgot everything I knew in the first couple of years eh?? :laugh: I went from being able to at least having a decent play time on my peds, to where it would last longer to go drop my peds on the ground at the PA TP and walk away....:laugh:

I guess I must have gotten amnesia after year 2.

Thanks for clearing that up Ace. ;)

Try reading EVERY long term blog on this forum, hunting, mining, crafting

Rgds

Ace

The proof is not the results from only one player at excel spreadsheet... The proof is the results of each one of us. The people who has not spreadsheet knows that all money dissapear in the game at short and long term too.

The proof for me is this: two years ago there was 12,000 hunters in ET, now only exists 5,500 hunters in ET. Thats means one of two things:

(1) Before there was double of globals for all people. so you can saw double persons in ET.. or
(2) 50% of players are angry and left the game at last 2 years

Both things are bad for us... and do not support the studies of return rate on long term realized by a couple of avatars that we do not know who are in Real Life.-

(sorry my english is so bad..)

I wish my ped card wasn't empty....I'd do a blog and show you what BS that statement really is. :rolleyes:

Maybe you and a few others are getting 95% TT back....

I salute you cause I can't get above 50% more than 1 in 10 runs anymore. ;)

I guess I must have forgot everything I knew in the first couple of years eh?? :laugh: I went from being able to at least having a decent play time on my peds, to where it would last longer to go drop my peds on the ground at the PA TP and walk away....:laugh:

I guess I must have gotten amnesia after year 2.

Thanks for clearing that up Ace. ;)

That's okay, people have tried to prove the decent percentage tt return wrong, time and time again, and they always end up with a decent % return and they stop the blog. Kinda funny really

But hey when you ahve the peds go on, record your results, i hope you will be pleasantly surprised

Although what most people forget is this:

With 95% overall tt return...if you do not get markup stuff, you will still lose. Especially if you use high markup on items

95% turned over, quickly disappears

EG: starting peds 1000
95% = 950
2nd run = 902.5
3 = 857
4 = 814
5 = 773

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:

who's asking for that? dont make this something its not. some remember when average returns were better and the period for the average was shorter. those blogs and projects are a mixed bag, some lose lots some do well. those that do well seem to either grinding super eco (and boring) and waiting to sell for + 0.5% MU, or spend a lot of hours (and a large ped card) to work through the dips.

the wild variation in the loot is the problem, not necessarily the long term returns in the system. these days you can lose 50% (ammo+weapon decay, befor armour decay) on a hunt, if you dont have the balance to carry that it means no more participation untill next deposit day, which for some means no more participation.

Back