Help: Is it worth it?

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
Today using Philosophers sword unamped on 500hp-isch mobs, doing fairly well and feel i have a low cost per kill allowing me to use a small bankroll to keep it floating, will do this activity for an extended amount of time.

Is it worth to invest in a trauma amp?

It would bump eff by 5% but would also make the cost per mob higher, thus exposing me for a bankroll problem if i hit a bad streak for some time, marginals here.

They current setup works fine for me, i dont feel that i lack dps och anything, i can hunt relaxed with minimal effort.

NameAmplifier nameDecayCostDmg/PECDmg/sec
Philosopher's SwordMelee Trauma Amplifier 414.93514.9352.97841.5147
Philosopher's Sword10.49110.4912.91528.5413
PECPEC

It would bump eff by 5% but would also make the cost per mob higher, thus exposing me for a bankroll problem if i hit a bad streak for some time, marginals here.

If using the amp improves your dmg/pec, your cost per mob must go down (not up, like you say). Since your cost per mob goes down, then your bankroll management is actually improved.

Better efficiency and better eco makes using an amp a no brainer.

What will go up is your ped spent per hour.

If using the amp improves your dmg/pec, your cost per mob must go down (not up, like you say). Since your cost per mob goes down, then your bankroll management is actually improved.

Better efficiency and better eco makes using an amp a no brainer.

What will go up is your ped spent per hour.

Was thinking more in terms of potential overkill on last swing? But yes in all other aspects it would make sense.

Was thinking more in terms of potential overkill on last swing? But yes in all other aspects it would make sense.

Overkill is mostly irrelevant since loot 2.0 was introduced.

Check what a upgrade to hero sword/archon sword does for you compared to philo. Go with the chepeast upgrade.

Hero sword is like 1-1.2k
Archon is 2k+ I think

Check what a upgrade to hero sword/archon sword does for you compared to philo. Go with the chepeast upgrade.

Hero sword is like 1-1.2k
Archon is 2k+ I think

Given the diff in investment to move up to hero or archon an amp for philo seems to be the logical road.

NameAmplifier nameDecayCostDmg/PECDmg/sec
Archon's SwordMelee Trauma Amplifier 416.76916.7693.02644.8159
Hero's SwordMelee Trauma Amplifier 416.00216.0022.99744.7580
Archon's Sword12.32512.3252.98932.5376
Philosopher's SwordMelee Trauma Amplifier 414.93514.9352.97841.5147
Hero's Sword11.55811.5582.94631.7847
Philosopher's Sword10.49110.4912.91528.5413

just get the adjusted katsuichi determination and be done with it already. ;)

Overkill mostly affects your loot composition. If you're not able to boost your bankroll, I would use the highest efficiency setup you can and use a finisher to mitigate overkill.

I use a melee trauma amplifier 1 with my philo sword, it ups the efficiency, and keeps cost per run down. I like it more than with the Trauma amplifier 4. Returns are nicely balanced.

-Bunker

The bad streak will come no matter what you use. The Mindark giveth and the MIndark taketh away.

The trauma amp adds damage so you can kill more 500 hp ish mobs. And if you encounter the 1000 hp mob the trauma amp makes sure you can take it too. Besides that you can add the m-matrix amp so you almost never have to fap again. And fapping makes your eyes go screwy, so its better to keep your hands above the blankets.

I use a melee trauma amplifier 1 with my philo sword, it ups the efficiency, and keeps cost per run down. I like it more than with the Trauma amplifier 4. Returns are nicely balanced.

-Bunker

Whats the eff with trauma 1 ?

Thanks all for input, later on i will consider getting an amp, at the moment the current setup is working nicely and change just because of change or impatience has never been rewarded in Entropia :) , but if i find myself in a spot later on where i need to change anything, the amp is on the list.

It is 76.7%, which I believe is the same as the trauma 4.

Can u post a pic with the philo with amp 1 attached, so i see the eff %

Seems philo with trauma 4 has 64,7% eff

Back