Question: Is sweating enjoyable or just a grind?

Is sweating fun in Entropia?

• Yes its the best fun ever

Votes: 27 11.1%
  • It is bearable and useful for skills/peds

Votes: 105 43.0%
  • Boring and time consuming, would rather eat dung

Votes: 96 39.3%
  • Hate all sweaters

Votes: 16 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before Camp Pheonix's turret killed the place off, I used to run mob trains in for myself and others to sweat, a lot of the time all you could see on radar was a long red line following me. It was fun to see if you could herd 30 or 40 berycleds and snables without killing too many players on the way, especially if they tried to shoot them :laugh: 10 minutes of herding later to finally get the pay off of sweating along side everyone else.

Now Swamp Camp has taken over and its sad to see the daikiba sitting there like fish in a barrel :( its just made it too easy. You also don't get to see people running in fear as an atrox alpha gets dragged in.

Last edited:
it was fun when sweating was easy mode. sweat farm was the place to be.

It really depends... Sometimes you can sweat with cool people who are fun to talk to. That really takes some of the monotony away. But if I sweat alone its really lame. That's why I like Nea's more. People are more social, and there are funnier fights :p

Nice to see so many responses to this thread and poll.

Thank you all:yay:

I see it as a necessary grind. Yes its tedious at times, especially since I swear I had a higher success rate and got 15+ bottles more often on day one than I do now with almost 300 skill :eyecrazy:

True that having more people makes it less tedious due to chatting etc it also increases the random aggro mob coming from nowhere cause your OJ is slightly more offensive than someone elses :laugh:

Someone once told me that sweating is the bread and butter of EU if you don't deposit since the Evade skill ups save you PED when you hunt on armour decay. In the beginning when I only sweated, being a non-depo, I got up to 6 Agility before I sold the first sweat I collected and bought some armour and a Opalo...helped to run away that much faster when I discovered the difference between Young/Mature/Old/Dominant :D

Swunting makes financial sense, but only without armour. Sure it's not as much fun as a direct hunt, but it's better than plain old sweating. You sweat a mob until dry or it comes for you...then pop it and move on, since they come for you pretty early depending on the mob its like 2 sweat attempts and kill. Most times I cover a quarter to half my ammo cost back in sweat alone, then I still got loot as well. Bonus :yay:

I started my life in EU as a sweater. I always say that sweating builds character. It also builds an appreciation for the game that one might not get by just buying in and taking the easier route. You also gain some nice basic skills while gathering a usable and sellable resource. I have reverted back to sweating on occasion when deposit funds are tight. And sweat sometimes just to keep my supply of ME up. It can be a challenge in itself. I have also had some fun sweating and hanging out with other players. Many who I might not have met if I had`nt taken the time to visit the sweating fields. Neas can get intersting sometimes. But with that said it can also be a grind. Especially if done for a long period of time. There is no chance to global on sweat so the excitement factor is not that high. But it still takes discipline to stick it out and reach a sweating goal. I think like anything it is enjoyable in moderation mostly for the social factor with a few small benefits like the skills and coming away with something you can either use or sell.

I cant say I absolutely hate it. Because it got me to where I am now. But alot of the time I spent sweating was because I was dead broke. All I could think about was gathering just enough sweat to be able to afford 10 probes , or 500 rounds. :yay: just so I could get outta there.

I recently found myself back at Nea's and pulling a few bottles for ME , and for the first 30 minutes it wasn't that bad. But after that it started to have that same old grinding feeling. Makes an excellent sleep tonic , with all of the constant droning noises from the sweating , with the shrill of the Ambulimax mixed in. I have actually found myself waking up at the keyboard

Perhaps with TeamSpeak or Ventrillo up , like in my early days , and alot of chat back and forth, it wouldnt be so bad. But that was also back in the days when an Ambulimax was a big , huge scary monster , and dieing was not a voluntary process. :nutkick:

Please make a post about the ups and downs of sweating in Entropia Universe. It would be interesting to know players feelings.

sweating is quite boring, but if you are with fun people to chat with, it may become bearable.

I voted #2 .. It is bearable and useful for skills/peds. The way I look at it, between deposits instead of selling items I want to keep I can sweat. And so far I haven't gotten completely sick of it. :D

There should be:
#5 - I sweat occasionally, whenever I’m drunk.
#6 - whenever I’m bored in EU i sweat for 2-5 minutes and I realize that it's time to log off and do something in RL.

sweating is ok...

sweating is ok the first few times you do it but grows progressively more boring over time, especially since Neas and the Swamp camp are really about the only places a lot of sweaters hang out... if sweaters would change their locations so a bunch move to different places it would be far less boring... sure ambu are nice since they have lots of sweat, but there's only so many hours of staring at that God-awful patterned background ground at Neas that you can take before it makes you want to puke.

Sweating is more enjoyable when there are more people to talk to. Usually it comes at the cost of speed, but its still easier on the mind. (PUN)

Boring??? Compared to what… clicking 100 times… on auto aim…or running in a straight line dropping 1000 charges… clicking on manufacture button 1000000 times…

Good comparison imo :)

I voted best fun ever, not because I love to do it all the time but because I rate it the same as the other activities which I have alot of fun with. The main difference between sweating and anything else that I do in this game is that with sweating there's no chance of a global.

The funny thing about the title of this thread, is friends of mine have asked me this exact thing, except it was worded like this;

"Is EU fun? Or is it just a grind?"

I didn't know what to say, usually answering with "Look at that guy! He just got $50USD for killing a mob!" until recently, where it's been a simple answer...

"It's a grind - with an expensive intergrated messenging service"

:laugh:

On topic - sweating is a grind, that's why smart people deposit and pay the slave labourers (aka - sweaters) to do it for them. Anyone who can't see that depositing IRL earnings is more beneficial than sweating for a living is one of two things;
-Kidding themselves
OR
-Stupid

In the time it takes me to sweat 5ped worth of sweat, I could have made 20-50 times that IRL and deposited :silly2:

Last edited:
It is kinda foreplay before I kill a mob. :D

I voted best fun ever, not because I love to do it all the time but because I rate it the same as the other activities which I have alot of fun with. The main difference between sweating and anything else that I do in this game is that with sweating there's no chance of a global.
Wrong. Once I got a global for about 70 ped from one snable mature that went dry. :D

its boring, but when im in bad streeks its helping me to turn it around.

Good comparison imo :)

Well this basically explains it all for me. The utter chance of a Global/HOF is what makes the rest of the activities so "fun":rolleyes:

LOL pass me the dung~

Where is the fun in grinding?

mabe the social part of it at neas but there is no fun it tapping the 8 key over and over

Back