Is the economy back to normal?

How is the economy compared to before VU10.0?

• Economy is already better

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • About the same

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • Slightly worse

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • Much worse

Votes: 68 37.0%

• Total voters

Sarubaboon

Alpha
Society
NBK Entrepreneurs
So....

We did go through a bit of a rough patch after VU10.0... lots of people decreased their activity, left, etc...

But recently I get the feeling the economic activity is back to what it was before VU10... a good indicator I always feel is the amount of residue trading in auction, as this underpins the whole mining-crafting system...

Also, there is anecdotal evidence of a lot of new players around, etc....

What is everybody's feeling on this?

its far from back to normal, just take a walk through skill implant's checking the markup, you will see that we are still depressed :( good for people chipping in though :)

its far from back to normal, just take a walk through skill implant's checking the markup, you will see that we are still depressed :( good for people chipping in though :)

And when the markup is high it is also a bad sign, as it is an indication that many people are leaving ;). Basically any price is a bad sign.

And when the markup is high it is also a bad sign, as it is an indication that many people are leaving ;). Basically any price is a bad sign.

gotta agree with you here

I would say slightly worse for my part

my TT returns where every bad during SGA period when mining
the good markup on some ores didnt help

the few mining runs i did after SGA (20*103 UL)

i did ok like pre 10.0 but then zanderium was much higher
but now redulite is high but i find that less

so my economy is still a bit worse then pre vu 10.0

Some things are cheaper, some things are pretty much the same. Not much is more expensive (thank God)

I'd say the economy is back to normal and if you have some spare Ped, now is the time to pick up a bargain or two / upgrade before price inflation kicks in again.

Some things are cheaper, some things are pretty much the same. Not much is more expensive (thank God)

I'd say the economy is back to normal and if you have some spare Ped, now is the time to pick up a bargain or two / upgrade before price inflation kicks in again.

i agree with Maga on this one... there was certainly a rough patch durring SGA/ christmass but thats to be expected, but as a whole i see things winding back to normal...

and i was happy to get a good price on a bilton apartment.. i honestly belived they would never drop to a price i would be willing to pay

i also kinda hope that the SGA items that i bought are going to either go up or stabilize where they are now so i dont feel like i payed too much for them all like i did when i bought them :laugh:

:scratch2:

lol dude, you clearly don't get what makes the price go high. It's certainly not the people leaving, it's all the opposite.

high price on skills is bestest sign.

and price on skills is currently low :(

lol dude, you clearly don't get what makes the price go high. It's certainly not the people leaving, it's all the opposite.

You don't really get it either. The only useful figure is the ratio between ESI price and filled implant price. If this ratio is low, then it indicates that people are leaving. If there are very little ESI's, and a lot of people wanting to sell skills, they will simply only be used for the more expensive skills. The ESI price can either go up or down, depending on other factors.

A rough conclusion based on EntropiaTracker:

Total amount of unique avatars globalling in hunting the last 30 days:
Pre VU10; around 5700
Shortly after VU10; as low as 4700
Today; 6345

Total hunting global value the last 24 hours:
Pre VU10; between 200-300k ped
First months after VU10; between 100-200k ped
Today; 285k ped

Total mining global value the last 24 hours:
Pre VU10; between 100-200k ped
First months after VU10; between 50-100k ped
Today; 120k ped

Total crafting global value the last 24 hours:
Today; 285k ped

During the bad months last 24 hr mining globals even have hit below 50k and for crafting below 100k.

To me it seems the volume of the economy is back to it's original size. The turnover in ped how ever seems to be split over more avatars.

Conclusion:
There are more avatars ingame then before, but either older players refuse to deposit, or the newer players don't dare/want to deposit yet, probably a combination of both.

That makes the economy a bit worse then before VU10, but I don't see the sky falling.

Positive to this is that market prices of hyper inflated (semi-)über gear have dropped quite some, which probably will give the economy a nice boost during March/April/May when people have recovered from their December expenses.

Look @ the skill prices then you see its not back to normal, but I guess its also "offer and demand"

Pre VU10; around 5700
Today; 6345

Today; 285k ped

Today; 120k ped

Today; 285k ped

During the bad months last 24 hr mining globals even have hit below 50k and for crafting below 100k.

To me it seems the volume of the economy is back to it's original size. The turnover in ped how ever seems to be split over more avatars.

Conclusion:
There are more avatars ingame then before, but either older players refuse to deposit, or the newer players don't dare/want to deposit yet, probably a combination of both.

That makes the economy a bit worse then before VU10, but I don't see the sky falling.

Positive to this is that market prices of hyper inflated über gear have dropped quite some, which probably will give the economy a nice boost during March/April/May when people have recovered from their December expenses.

I think these figures are somewhat skewed because of proterons though.

Look @ the skill prices then you see its not back to normal, but I guess its also "offer and demand"

I agree with mega on all points. Nice to pick up some bargins before inflation. Alot of things are actually priced almost at what they were 2 years ago, which I find interesting. I can't speak for all items but take a look at a104s as an example.

However, skill value is low. This is because of many factors. The one that sticks out is the 5 or 6 skill events we have had in 13 months. But on the other hand, I also think skill value was going to go through a natural downward spiral due to the fact there are always more skills coming in and to my knowledge few buying them. I think skill value is up on a few by 100% to 200%, but its hard to say if/when it will recover. Planets I guess will cause a mass chip in from returning avatars or new comers wanting to get an edge.

Pre VU10; around 5700
Today; 6345

Today; 285k ped

Today; 120k ped

Today; 285k ped

Conclusion:

Positive to this is that market prices of hyper inflated (semi-)über gear have dropped quite some, which probably will give the economy a nice boost during March/April/May when people have recovered from their December expenses.

I have looked at the tracker and felt we have had more globals in the last 2 months but didn't have exactly numbers. Witte brings up a good counter argument though. Proteons might influence the volume of peds global wise, but we have to look at the number of unique globalers going up. I think we have had people come back to eu due to cry2, sga, cp sell etc. I am not sure really how active the player base is. I think it is about the same as it was when I returned back 2 months ago, but the focus has shifted from farming sga to "normal activities".

Kosmos

I think if there weren't any Proterons, we'd see more yet smaller globals/HoFs/ATHs on other mobs.

I have looked at the tracker and felt we have had more globals in the last 2 months but didn't have exactly numbers. Witte brings up a good counter argument though. Proteons might influence the volume of peds global wise, but we have to look at the number of unique globalers going up. I think we have had people come back to eu due to cry2, sga, cp sell etc. I am not sure really how active the player base is. I think it is about the same as it was when I returned back 2 months ago, but the focus has shifted from farming sga to "normal activities".

Exactly, the number of unique avatars globalling has gone significantly up since a few months after VU10, exceeding the amount before that VU.

I have voted slightly worse since we don't see an increase in global turnover whilst the amount of avatars is slowly but steadily increasing.

Well i guess the Economy is back to normal when you see my Ava on the ATH list! And that sure doesnt seem to happen... :grumble::grumble::ninja:

i guess the more than average hofing on noob mobs also skews these numbers too, ive never seen as many hofs on noob mobs as i see now!

Maybe we should look at sales volume of popular consumables. And then make an evaluation. But even thats debatable on how "real" those sells are.

Kosmos

From the salesfigures of our shops during the last months i can say its back to normal. There was a bad period during VU10 update and after, but sales are steadily rising at the moment. The mixture has changed of course, we now sell a little bit more newcomer-equipment than 12 months ago, while during summer 09 these items made just a small percentage of all items sold.

To my mind this shows that the entropia population has lost some of its medium players, while newcomers number seems to rise. Therefor i guess the economy has moved through the bottom and we will see growth again very soon.

I'll agree here. A high price on skills doesnt necessarily mean a player is leaving. It could mean they got their hands on a nice SIB weapon and dont need to be level 100 anymore to hunt effectively!

No it has not the loot is like under SGA-event but no items.:laugh:

Higher number in globals means exactly what I am seeing. Lower average returns by far. More players+less deposits (Ill even be nice and say stable deposits equal to pre vu 10)+more globals+more hof+more Ath = total ass for average returns.

This ass backwards way of balancing loot is gettin really outta hand.

Half of the in game professions are STILL not back in.
Game stability is a little better but not where it remotely should have been for VU 10 release.
New features like tiering system implemented with known issues costing players more ped.
Random mobs that have different specs depending on location.
IE Exasaurs young and mat cant touch me in outback areas hardly at all with my evade and agi. In certain newb areas they cant miss. I cant out run them. and it takes double the amount of effort to kill. Atrox in outlying areas at young I can stand toe to toe and keep alive with no armor and a fap 5. In other areas they hit for nearly triple damage and more often.

The unannounced things they have done and how they hide little things to force decays is incredible. I mine with no armor and recently I have had many mobs spawn outta nowhere in places mobs never have been. invisible mobs killing me.

Mining on Eudoria and Amethera becomming more and more like CND with the NRF swings getting larger and larger every patch.

The Terrain so badly disproportionate to avatar movement making the game flat out not enjoyable to even go sight seeing

The list of things I have seen in game that frankly are flat out robbery now is getting more and more frequent.

All this equals my orignal prediction that NOTHING changes in the over all treatment of long term mid level players its just now we have different colored smoke and larger mirrors on the grand stage that is Entropia.

To sum it up. No the EU economy is nowhere NEAR what it was pre VU 10. Only for the same privleged that have always had the benifits is the game back to or better then pre VU 10.

It about the same i think. I nov 2008 i wrote down some numbers, some off them how much of diffrent items was sold the last week.
Here is some example:
Metal residues, now, about 580kped, then 464Kped in one week.
Ore amp103, now about 188kped, then 199kped
Lyst,now 137kped, then 104kped.

So looking at this numbers i get the feeling the "ecomical activity" is about the same level now and nov 2008, maybe a small increase.

Not everybody in this world blows money for commercialized holidays. ;)

Back