Is the lack of recorded history ingame a problem?

Is the lack of recorded history ingame a problem?

• No, it's not a problem.

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Yes, it might be a problem. But I don't really care.

Votes: 29 18.8%
  • Yes, it is a big problem. MA/FPC should do something.

Votes: 38 24.7%
  • Yes, it is a big problem. We as participants should do something.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Yes, it is a huge problem!!!

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
FPC would like to add more and more history and honors ingame. Atm we are however juggling this against other projects and we cannot do it all with the current manpower and the other projects get priority. But it is a thing that is high on my things-to-add list for the future.

That is very good.. And I don't doubt for a minute that you would like to do this. BUT with every month that passes our history is lost, and wasted.
An enormous amount of historic resources are already gone.

How about this.. Every time you implement anything (!) try and see if you can connect the story for that thing with stuff and avatars already in the world.
Ex: Maybe Buzz Lightyear was the one you invented the first hovercraft?

BTW Marco, what did you vote in the poll? :)

Anyone still is in contact with Stumdoes? Maybe he has a back-up somewhere that we could use!

He is alive, but very busy with IRL.. as far as I know. And very reluctant to hand over the backup just like that.
My personal guess is that it might be possible, with the right incentive and guarantees.

FPC would like to add more and more history and honors ingame. Atm we are however juggling this against other projects and we cannot do it all with the current manpower and the other projects get priority. But it is a thing that is high on my things-to-add list for the future.

ed to go back to EP from time to time to check up on some old stuff, and it was always fun browsing through the old threads!

And the picture galleries!

Anyone still is in contact with Stumdoes? Maybe he has a back-up somewhere that we could use!

You might wanna try to contact Radical (radical porg rand). If i remember correctly he had(has) RL means of contacting Stumdoes.

Radical has an EF account, but i am not sure how often he checks PM's of course.

*bump* :yay:

Now when we have a mission system, maybe this could be used more for recording EU history. Any thoughts on this?

MA isn't going to promote a recorded history - it's way too full of their ridiculous f*kups. :rolleyes:

I feel it is time to bump this thread again.

Any new input on this?
Have Marco's thoughts on this been retained in the new management?

//Dee

Time for a new bump.

Has anyone noticed any improvements in this area?

//Dee

I still keep a >10 year old paper that used to be white. Description of different mining find sizes..
A printout from Entropia Pioneers and with a Stumdoes-logo.
On this paper I marked all my bigger miningfinds the first 6 months.
That is my contribution to history.. ;)

Back