Is there a demand for loot return tracking spreadsheets?

TunerS

Old Alpha
Sniper TunerS Eagle
Just a simple question about spreadsheet usage in loot return tracking. How many of you use excel or google docs to keep track on your returns? I'm sure that most of you know how to use all necessary excel functions to make your own spreadsheets but wanted to ask it anyway - how many of you would actually consider of "hiring" someone for a little fee (PED) to make you that "perfect" spreadsheet right for your needs? The main reason I'm asking this is that I have seen some questions here about "how to make spreadsheets for loot tracking purpose" and there are mostly answers with references to the same 2-3 well known spreadsheet samples available but we all know that everyone is tracking different amount of information from hunting, mining, crafting or even healing runs.

I use spreadsheets quite heavily. I am not the shiniest apple in the orchard, and have done the best I can to keep track of my returns. What I wish there was... A program that when you hit printscreen on your loot (i use the trade terminal to see what I looted at the end) would fill out all your loot into a spreadsheet.

I once pumped a few thousand ped into motorheads.... And kept track of every single loot. it was painfull... And wish something would do it for me, and still able to hunt alone. Im an event,kinda guy... So eu hunter isn't the best option for me. I used it for about a year, but doesn't solve my solo hunting.

I would also be interested if you could improve my current spreadsheet. I will say though, its very meticolous and its formulated.

Respectfully,

Sam

Just a simple question about spreadsheet usage in loot return tracking. How many of you use excel or google docs to keep track on your returns? I'm sure that most of you know how to use all necessary excel functions to make your own spreadsheets but wanted to ask it anyway - how many of you would actually consider of "hiring" someone for a little fee (PED) to make you that "perfect" spreadsheet right for your needs? The main reason I'm asking this is that I have seen some questions here about "how to make spreadsheets for loot tracking purpose" and there are mostly answers with references to the same 2-3 well known spreadsheet samples available but we all know that everyone is tracking different amount of information from hunting, mining, crafting or even healing runs.

I for one am completely clueless, and use notepad to roughly track things. :p
i should make some effort to work out how libre office/excel/google docs works and try to make something of my own.
it would be nice to have a "perfect" spreadsheet that covers all the professions but i have no idea about demand or if people wish to pay for it.

--mod's note--
Moved to services section, since that's what you're offering.
--/mod's note--

It's a nice idea. Of course folks have seen my spreadsheet examples, and the other ones on the forum, but you're right. Some players have different playing styles and tracking needs and they may not be willing/able to make their own from scratch. So working with you to make a custom tracking system is a very interesting offer.

--mod's note--
Moved to services section, since that's what you're offering.
--/mod's note--

It's a nice idea. Of course folks have seen my spreadsheet examples, and the other ones on the forum, but you're right. Some players have different playing styles and tracking needs and they may not be willing/able to make their own from scratch. So working with you to make a custom tracking system is a very interesting offer.

i have seen your examples, i tried pasting the images into libre office but the results were not pretty :p
shame it got moved i was hoping we could get some kind of "community standard" for what a tracking spreadsheet is, before getting into the service part of his question :)

shame it got moved i was hoping we could get some kind of "community standard" for what a tracking spreadsheet is, before getting into the service part of his question :)
Yes, I was hoping to get some more information about what exactly should be in spreadsheet. I have seen some players gathering information about how much amplifier, sight or scope decay they get but can't really see any use of that. And at the same time they don't even track auction fees or total % of defence costs. So there is still a lot to discuss :)

I am dreaming of an item that would track return. I mean in terms of item choices we are really stagnating wrt. item functionality in Entropia. What about
* return tracker - can buy in tt, decays some little value per run, calculates tt return
* adjusted return tracker - looted/crafted - can measure MU return based on choice (daily/weekly/...)
* improved return tracker - looted/crafted - in addition, can present statistics and has more memory

Here is an example of my previous spreadsheet i made for myself which i actually never used as i was too lazy to track all that decay separately :laugh: Just a part from spreadsheet where all automatic calculations were made - then with a click of a button it all went to another sheet where all runs were recorded. Check image for details:
attachment.php

Also if there is nothing to display in any of those cells then you don't see those 0,00 or #REF but just an empty cell - that's of course just for better looking table.

Last edited:
... amplifier, sight or scope decay they get but can't really see any use of that. ...

I use amp or sight or scope decay to calculate total number of shots fired, since their decay is not changed by the addition of damage enhancer to the gun. Helps to keep track of ammo costs.

My spread sheets are continually evolving. So I doubt I'll ever get that "perfect" spreadsheet.

I already have the perfect spreadsheet. What would be useful is a tool (either javascript or python)(because chat privacy) to parse hunting logs from team chat between desired timestamps and make a report of the looted items for selected team members.

We could then put this in the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet already has markup data, it can easily compute the loot return for the selected hunt.

And I use inventory calculator to calculate the run result for now. It's not exact, but good enough for a bigger turnover.

I use excel and after every hunt repair all my gear to max note down the amount, the tt value of the loot I collected in the hunt. Then tt any ammo and note down the value on my ped card.

Using this I track what my tt value is and what my tt return rate is for each hunt.

I can also track the total return rate by summing the repair and tt return columns giving my the average over all hunts - which is currently 79.06%

Here is an example of my previous spreadsheet i made for myself

here is a example of the level of detail jenna star mercury tracks/logs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HlMR2t4eGFYaVM5T0FlNmFtbmZUTlE&hl=en_US#gid=0

i imagine more of us would be interested in a level of detail that allows one to see how changes in, for example, equipment use effect our returns. For mining it would be interesting to be able to see the ore distributions in our runs and how this effects our returns and average markup, for example. When all costs are properly split the effects that markup spent on amps and tools has on return can also be seen, hopefully at a glance.

I want to track everything, i just can not be arsed :p

What would be useful is a tool (either javascript or python)(because chat privacy) to parse hunting logs from team chat between desired timestamps and make a report of the looted items for selected team members.

We could then put this in the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet already has markup data, it can easily compute the loot return for the selected hunt.
There are a few problems with this method:
1st. We still don't see item TT value looted in our chat logs (or maybe we do? :scratch2: ).
2nd. Even if you manage to make a database of every single item and it's tt value, there will still be non-stackable items with not full tt value.
In the end it would require as much work and time to record the rest as just putting all loot in TT terminal and writing down the total amount of PED. Also calculating markup at the end of the run is useless as you will never sell all your stuff for the price you just looted it so that should be calculated only after that item is sold.

And I use inventory calculator to calculate the run result for now. It's not exact, but good enough for a bigger turnover.
If I understand correctly how it works then this method wouldn't work when someone is selling stuff in auction or shop as it would change the total amount of PED you have. All sold items TT value and Markup would be transferred to your PED card which is not included in inventory calculations, right?

Even better a community sheet where everyone who wants to can enter there data and get an "overall" feel for whats going on

If I understand correctly how it works then this method wouldn't work when someone is selling stuff in auction or shop as it would change the total amount of PED you have. All sold items TT value and Markup would be transferred to your PED card which is not included in inventory calculations, right?
Nah as the containers are separate, you can only note down CARRIED and TODO - this way if something sells or is placed in storage, does not screw anything up. The real disadvantages of this method:
  • The prices are not exact as they are based on expiring autions, though good enough
  • As the "detach all" option still isn't working, have to detach all attachments before/after each run
  • MA sometimes does not show the correct tt value in My Items page
  • MA implemented a bug removing the TODO category so attached enhancers do not land in My Items

Bump for some more suggestions about what should be in loot return tracking spreadsheet :coffee:

Nah as the containers are separate, you can only note down CARRIED and TODO - this way if something sells or is placed in storage, does not screw anything up. The real disadvantages of this method:
  • The prices are not exact as they are based on expiring autions, though good enough
  • As the "detach all" option still isn't working, have to detach all attachments before/after each run
  • MA sometimes does not show the correct tt value in My Items page
  • MA implemented a bug removing the TODO category so attached enhancers do not land in My Items

hello
let me reply to this thread using this last (correct) post.

I would like suggest to use the inventory calculator option compare
http://www.entropiabay.com/invcalc.asp

so you paste your item list before and after a run and the tool calculate EVRYTHING.
It s not perfect true but:
[*]The prices are not exact as they are based on expiring autions, though good enough
true but the in game MV is not perfect neither. They give u a media of all planets MV but we know that the items can have a different price according with the disponibility. Es hogglo lather is present in calypso planet only, the rock mineral in RT only. So at least with the auctiondata value you can see the trend
[*]As the "detach all" option still isn't working, have to detach all attachments before/after each run
it s taking for ever but we are working about.
moreover we have the filter container so you can select what you can analyze.

I see many people using the chat log to calculate their runs............. i really can t get it.
With inventory compare you can see how much was your
armor decay
weapons decay
attachment decay
fap decay
plates decay
ammo spent
FUEL FOR YOUR MOVING SPENT
VEHICLE DECAY
items gained (ONE BY ONE)
etcetc
at at the end get a total tt and tt +MV

it s not perfect , is far long to be (sorry we are working about....for our fun) but it s the best around and we really are working to make it better.
give a shoot
dc

it s not perfect , is far long to be (sorry we are working about....for our fun) but it s the best around and we really are working to make it better.
give a shoot
dc

its a great tool no doubt about that, and i dont think you get thanked enough for the effort, but it does not track results over time or split things out in the way a spreadsheet might be able to so you can compare different runs with different equipment.

As said before, I use inventory calculator. To be useful for run tracking, the compare tool should have a default option (or a URL parameter) to only measure selected containers (at the moment CARRIED and TODO). I have explained the reasons before, you don't want things put in your storage / won in auction to screw up your run result calc. And yea, summary per those containers finally working would help a lot...
hello
let me reply to this thread using this last (correct) post.
I would like suggest to use the inventory calculator option compare
http://www.entropiabay.com/invcalc.asp

its a great tool no doubt about that, and i dont think you get thanked enough for the effort, but it does not track results over time or split things out in the way a spreadsheet might be able to so you can compare different runs with different equipment.

actually this will be done as soon as we finish this detach all option :yup:

but don t tell anyone...it s a secret :ahh:

If there would be a way to filter only CARRIED items before and after difference and then export all that data in an excel file I could make a google doc script that would extract every decay with item name separately and fill out decay/loot tables automatically. Right now it doesn't want to work properly as sometimes I can get only CARRIED item list in my excel file but sometimes it just keeps giving me all my inventory list :(

If there would be a way to filter only CARRIED items before and after difference and then export all that data in an excel file I could make a google doc script that would extract every decay with item name separately and fill out decay/loot tables automatically. Right now it doesn't want to work properly as sometimes I can get only CARRIED item list in my excel file but sometimes it just keeps giving me all my inventory list :(

thats funny, i was waiting for someone to suggest being able to pull data from entropiabay :)

this is strange, because you should get with compare/carried selected a log for carried only.
i will look into.
dc

Will send you a PM with description about that bug.

Bump for the sake of new ideas :wise:

Back