Is there a good reason for leaving carcasses laying around with minimal visual representation they have looted?

Q- Is there a good reason for leaving carcasses laying around with minimal visual representation they have looted?

A- See it this way: you can wait near the carcasse until it disapears (30 sec), it improve your eco (regen vs FAP) and you spend less PEDs /hour than before thanks to these small pauses (alo good for your RL fingers, brain etc). Whatever makes our EU experience less expensive is a good thing! :wise:

Q- Is there a good reason for leaving carcasses laying around with minimal visual representation they have looted?

A- See it this way: you can wait near the carcasse until it disapears (30 sec), it improve your eco (regen vs FAP) and you spend less PEDs /hour than before thanks to these small pauses (alo good for your RL fingers, brain etc). Whatever makes our EU experience less expensive is a good thing! :wise:

Will be a good thing for me only because I like to take 4-6 aurli on at once. :) now I wont.

As has already been posted, it could be to reduce server load especially during events.

Rather than having multiple clean up threads running at once it could now just be one or two that run every 10-20 seconds with each dead mob added to the queue which then gets removed.

If it turns out that every mob hangs around for exactly the same time it's hard to see any benefit to the engine as it's more likely to cause graphical lag on the client side.

Ok, so possibly it is just a graphics thing. Still I like the corpses of dead and looted enemies at my feet.

this new feature is just annoying, whoever programed this, i hope a truck hits you, and that your body doesent disapear so the he can back up and drive over you again

dude.... you got fucking issues, get some proffesional help

You have no idea what is coming in the future.. just being a regular melodramatic bash boy. At least the guy you were bashing was trying to come up with reasons that they could be putting in these changes.

Only fault I am giving mind ark is they don't have a roadmap that we can then use to eliminate the guess work that you are very adamant about bashing.

So when you dont know what is coming in the future you just decide to make shit up?
There is no guess work to be done here, its just a graphical feature they added with no future use.
If you want to dream that the reason the mob stays extra 30 seconds is because you can have a dead pet... then be my guest and keep on dreaming.
The future looks bright for you

Is there a good reason for this change?

It doesn't seem fun. Just tried a few mobs. You can't even tell for sure if mob was looted or not.

I don't think it's by design.

In short I can see an extremely good reason for this. So I suspect it is by design and very intentional.

In the bigger scheme of things a good development imho.

Yeah it could be this is a really weird way to reduce botting. I just want to know if that's the reason. If they have a good reason, that's fine, but it seems to be an arbitrary change that reduces playability, especially for people with a lot of lag and dropped packets (i.e. in the US).

yes, but is it ... Since shooting a dead mob doesn't cause you any decay, wouldn't the bot simply shoot for a while until the dead mob vanishes and then move on onto a living mob again ?

Angel

yes, but is it ... Since shooting a dead mob doesn't cause you any decay, wouldn't the bot simply shoot for a while until the dead mob vanishes and then move on onto a living mob again ?

Angel

Yes you are completely right.... Sounds like a Mindark fix tho doesn't it? :D :dunce:

My thoughts:

There is a update coming on the 17th right? Perhaps Mindark has something big planned for that, before they all go on a few weeks of christmas holidays. I hope. I wish.

Hope it works out as reduced lag, and that if the corpses are going to stay please make them a bit more "useful" by adding cooler and more random animations, legs flying arms chopped off etc but hey, I doubt that is what they thought.... New hitboxes however could be a part of this development...

Last edited:

Angel

The minipatch made it clear that wasn't the intent anyway, as was mentioned earlier.

This will take me a day or two to get so used to it that i no longer even notice, except that it will be harder to know when a mob has looted during lag periods. It's not a big deal to me. I just think MA would do itself a favor if it gave reasons for what appear to be arbitrary changes. If for no other reason than to demonstrate they're not just wasting their very limited dev resources. Not everyone has a magic window into the development studio like George does.

Not everyone has a magic window into the development studio like George does.

No magic window or anything, just theories. If I were to mention this theory you'd go wow or crazy george :)

It's so if you get a good loot you can revive the mob with your necromancy profession and kill it again.

Mob auto loot on the horizon? :confused:

I predict that Mindark will not keep in mind that this will be used by standing outside pvp4, tag the mobs and kill them inside pvp4 while you stay outside and still get the loot. Let's see the hate flow once this works...

heeeeeeeeeeello pvp4 exploiters!!!!!!!!!

i really like this new feature and its easy to get used to if your not out right retarded

Only reason I can possibly think of is a Butchering type profession coming into game where carcasses get skinned etc. but that would just kill off hunting loot even more so I'm clueless :scratch2:

I'm hunting Feffox atm and it's a pain in the ass when the dead mobs are bigger than me. Good luck to those that take part in the Migration with the Longtooth and Eomon carcasses all over the place :rolleyes:

As i see it the cost in here is 1 dollar/our and now we have to be longer time inside and it will cost more money and the mobs to more damige after this update it will cost more Money but the mobs lvl:s are not higher so the loot will not be bigger.

Can we not have a VU without any nerfs....

P.S. MA has also made a first shot will slow down from the weapon in this VU.

Last edited:
As i see it the cost in here is 1 dollar/our and now we have to be longer time inside and it will cost more money and the mobs to more damige after this update it will cost more Money but the mobs lvl:s are not higher so the loot will not be bigger.

Can we not have a VU without any nerfs....

P.S. MA has also made a first shot will slow down from the weapon in this VU.

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Wow once again you able to suprise me by making a issue out of something someone made up and tel it like it is a fact.....Without having any idear what is accually intended by the change.

May i see the calculation from witch you concluded the extra 1 dollar/houre cost....
What statistics did you use? .... trwe some tealeaves over youre shoulder in the full moon??? pissed over magic mushroom at high tide???..just curius

Wow once again you able to suprise me by making a issue out of something someone made up and tel it like it is a fact.....Without having any idear what is accually intended by the change.

May i see the calculation from witch you concluded the extra 1 dollar/houre cost....
What statistics did you use? .... trwe some tealeaves over youre shoulder in the full moon??? pissed over magic mushroom at high tide???..just curius

MA or a PP referred to that as a target or typical "cost" to play EU not too long ago. No, I don't know where the link is. Obviously some people burn through $100 in an hour and some people take a month to spend $1.

MA or a PP referred to that as a target or typical "cost" to play EU not too long ago. No, I don't know where the link is. Obviously some people burn through $100 in an hour and some people take a month to spend $1.

made indeed smal error in my intended question, let me refrase properly.

I would like to see his extra cost calculation (here the other part went wrong thnx for bringing it to my attention).

Over the extra cost to him by this (not fully implemented and besides specualtion with unknown reason implemented) change. If he can laready state to have extra cost for a mob just laying there whil he can just continue his hunt like before.

I am sure he got a excelent explenation of the extra cost he now getting.

PS
My prvius commend was indeed poorly written and not intended like i wrote it hope this clears it

This Words comes from MA....................

If you just read a little more about what MA writing and talking a little less crap then you would know that the MA's calculations, it costs $ 1 per hour per player.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...r-each-hour-gameplay-works&highlight=1+dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Marco|MindArk View Post

This is the replies from the Q&A from Aug-Sep 06. The replies are based on the information I currently have and every reply can be subject to changes later on, based on new information or events.

---
* What is the average cost to play EU for an hour? average cost per month?

MindArk's business plan states that we aim for a cost of 1 USD per hour.

Last edited:
"If you just read a little more about what MA writing and talking a little less crap then you would know that the MA's calculations, it costs $ 1 per hour per player.": I thought you meant taking a little less CRACK:D

MindArk's business plan states that we aim for a cost of 1 USD per hour.

I remember how I laughed at that statement in 2006, because back then I could easily play a week for 10$, 5h+ a day.

Now I wish it would really be 1$/h and not 5$+ as it feels now...

made indeed smal error in my intended question, let me refrase properly.

I would like to see his extra cost calculation (here the other part went wrong thnx for bringing it to my attention).

Over the extra cost to him by this (not fully implemented and besides specualtion with unknown reason implemented) change. If he can laready state to have extra cost for a mob just laying there whil he can just continue his hunt like before.

I am sure he got a excelent explenation of the extra cost he now getting.

PS
My prvius commend was indeed poorly written and not intended like i wrote it hope this clears it

To valentine this i wrote instantly after my error and before youre commend...

So pls i ask you once more about this specific remark.

You claim you wil get extra cost above the 1us/hour cost by this change.

If you so sure about that while it not even implemented other then the mob laying at the ground for 30 seconds

A mon witch you can walk straight true , you dont have to wait for it, it wont make you decay anymore shit then you normally do....

So where the extra cost pls specify them

Not sure if it intended but it defenetly one of the affects ,

Great reduction of lag , havent had 1 failed since this change and noticed i dont lag in PA or when someone comes on my radar.

The once that say they cant see if the mob is dead now, check youre radar NO dead mobs there anymore.
So if it aint a RED DOT its dead.

The once saying now i have to walk around it.. no you dont you can just walk true if that one sidestep really so much effort.

So my gues is whatever the main reason is, it is part of lag reduction in my opinion, if not is a freaking nice sideaffect of it.

Really liking this change/fix

If they do not do something radical to make it very easy to decipher from a dead mob and a living one in space, or do not implement this "feature" at all in space, then it will make space hunting in any fortified ship obsolete.

They have already by passed space in the " you wont lose ammo if you shoot into the air/ground/tree" So we lose ammo constantly regardless. but hey I could live with that.

Now I really hope they do not implement this dead mobs lying around in space also. It's hard to test currently as space mobs are completely bugged since the Vu....

Firstly these dead mobs stay for 30 seconds after being looted ( tested) so that is really not some game changer!

Let me show you how that looks in space....

Now imagine if everyone of those carcasses stayed put for 30 seconds. They block all the other mobs, who can hit us but we cant hit them. You cant shoot at anything, and wont have a clue if they are dead/alive or looted.

Mob auto loot on the horizon? :confused:

This would work :)

Additional visual indication will be implemented in the patch

I will reserve any judgement about how this will affect my game play until space mobs are fixed and we see how it works properly, however currently I get this feeling...

I think MA wants a new player base which does not include us....

I don't like it. I prefer my mobs vanishing once I have looted them.

Why are the clothing and texture bugs still not fixed!

Because MA doesn't see it as important, they would rather give us some new crap to deal with

Now imagine if everyone of those carcasses stayed put for 30 seconds. They block all the other mobs, who can hit us but we cant hit them.

That shouldn't happen after the minipatch. They are just substanceless images... "ghosts".

You cant shoot at anything, and wont have a clue if they are dead/alive or looted.

Yeah that's the concern. The sparkle goes away and the health bar/radar dot disappear, but without radar that's a bit more subtle. I guess we will have to see what the second part of the change is (announced to come on the 17th) and whether it resolves this part.

That shouldn't happen after the minipatch. They are just substanceless images... "ghosts".

Yeah that's the concern. The sparkle goes away and the health bar/radar dot disappear, but without radar that's a bit more subtle. I guess we will have to see what the second part of the change is (announced to come on the 17th) and whether it resolves this part.

Thank you for the clarification on the ghosts, that makes a lot of sense.

I look forward to seeing how it pans out from the patch :)

ma need to stop beeing paranoid .
How it could be so important to intoduce these status bar changes when they found trap hunters ???
think its only a workout on the next moneybug to get peds from fair playing people !

Back