Question: Is there a market for skills and is it allowed to sell an avatar?

Mr-Joey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Joe "Mr-Joey" Force
Hi,

I stopped playing actively in 2020 and sold almost everything.
now I'm still on about 400 or 500k skills (no idea exactly) BLP Lvl 100+.

Since I don't feel like digging up every skill individually, is there a legal way to sell the entire avatar?
And more importantly, are there any buyers?

Thanks for your input.

Don't worry when you don't get an replay - not visiting the forums daily ;)

Selling your avatar is forbidden according to TOU.

Yes, there are some buyers for that anyway ;)

If you do end up chipping out, I would take any translocation skills you have

Since i know about dozens of old + high skilled avatars, who aren't controled by their creators, i got curious how it is done in the end.
Also MA knows and obviously tolerates it, in contradiction to their ToU.
So what are the conditions to be met?
Anyone willing to elaborate?

Anonymously, if you like...

I am of the opinion (since 1) it happens anyway, 2) this is RCE game and 3) not allowing being cruel on all those who have to liquidate and cannot due to IRL emergency or so),
it should be legalized, MA just remove all the contacts and change the avatar name on the transfer and take some margin on the sale.
But since solution to everything of these days is well known, it would probably involve ownership deeds auction and them taking over the avatar (making one big avatar out of all sellouts) instead :D

or they could just make unify avatars posible.
Ihy7AZNKS2kedngGuhgUMBSkDyrfCQSjDCsdVP8umkAgzcD3LJS52JMk6-fx3i4fTd1M61A-MYtZr_tMpmCz8kbmsW0gmTP5Aa1Vvu7NmvPQuYvwg8zYkUf2daSIveg4Dy2XMWEv-UGw3dvJD2gLyrIAeVlLkimq5CA

No, you cannot sell your avatar.
Yes, you can adopt a would-be buyer into your will then die, and they will acquire your account.
No, I do not legally, morally, medically, or financially recommend it.

Yes obviously Avatar sales happened. It's definitely in a grey area right now and MA seems to rather have things like this remain in a grey area than take a definitive stance. MA should just charge 300.00 USD for the transaction which would include Avatar name change and the internal work. Think that is fair as it would discourage non Ubers from trying to even make a sale.

The reason why Avatar sales happen is because you are paying for something that is priceless. The only thing that really matters... When you scan another player 1 of 2 things happen. Either your jaw drops because of their Big Dick Attributes or you go Awwww I thought it be bigger. That's right! No one cares about skills because the scanner reveals all and no one wants and itty bitty, tiny weenie, little Attribute man. They want those Big Triple Digit Swinging Avatars impressing all the Scanners and Screen Shots.

Now.... I'm not one to brag...but yea, all my Attributes are over 3 digits, so I'm packing ;)

You can chip in as many skills as you want but you can't chip in what measures your junk in that nether region. So it's obvious that OLD Avatars that grinded the game and grinded OLD Attribute missions, that have to tuck their Attributes into their Shin guards, are way way more valuable than one that hasn't. You just can't get those Attributes anymore so Sales of these Avatars are priceless. Furthermore someone who also is grinding Meta codex is doing countless hours of work across Entropia to truly have the Largest Hammerhead in the Universe. So obviously that raises the price of your Avatar even more.

These are just the facts. People want to buy Avatars because skills only take you so far and EVERY Avatar that has been purchased is likely because the buyers wanted to own a Avatar that makes people drool over the 3rd arm that is revealed by a scanner. So hopefully MA in the future sets up a service for Avatar sales since it's a RCE and there should be one in place.

I would also like to add it could possibly be good PR for MA if someone sells an Avatar for 50 or 100,000 USD. That is news making material and might attract some players.

Last edited:
Selling your avatar is forbidden according to TOU.

Yes, there are some buyers for that anyway ;)
Show me where!

MA states they dont take any responsability on the matter it is diferent from forbid. And this is at EULA not at ToU!

Account: Login details, bank details personal data - EULA - Like any open account in an email service if i want to sell my login details what legally MA can do about that? - NOTHING

Avatar: related to account but just interact with MA software - ToU

Last edited:
There has been many avatars sold but not many admit it publicly

just sell it - MA don't give a shit unless they got to pay a penny for something. ESI prices make chipping out not reasonable for most skills imo. so sell the whole toon and be done with it.

i mean what are you really losing in Ped after ESI costs and your time if you chip out and sell individually versus selling the toon?.

There has been many avatars sold but not many admit it publicly
Very likely, yes - totally agree. This probably happens a lot by simply using in-game private chat...

Thx for your comments.
For me the time matters, thats why "Joe" still sits on his skills.

Yes obviously Avatar sales happened. It's definitely in a grey area right now and MA seems to rather have things like this remain in a grey area than take a definitive stance. MA should just charge 300.00 USD for the transaction which would include Avatar name change and the internal work. Think that is fair as it would discourage non Ubers from trying to even make a sale.

The reason why Avatar sales happen is because you are paying for something that is priceless. The only thing that really matters... When you scan another player 1 of 2 things happen. Either your jaw drops because of their Big Dick Attributes or you go Awwww I thought it be bigger. That's right! No one cares about skills because the scanner reveals all and no one wants and itty bitty, tiny weenie, little Attribute man. They want those Big Triple Digit Swinging Avatars impressing all the Scanners and Screen Shots.

Now.... I'm not one to brag...but yea, all my Attributes are over 3 digits, so I'm packing ;)

You can chip in as many skills as you want but you can't chip in what measures your junk in that nether region. So it's obvious that OLD Avatars that grinded the game and grinded OLD Attribute missions, that have to tuck their Attributes into their Shin guards, are way way more valuable than one that hasn't. You just can't get those Attributes anymore so Sales of these Avatars are priceless. Furthermore someone who also is grinding Meta codex is doing countless hours of work across Entropia to truly have the Largest Hammerhead in the Universe. So obviously that raises the price of your Avatar even more.

These are just the facts. People want to buy Avatars because skills only take you so far and EVERY Avatar that has been purchased is likely because the buyers wanted to own a Avatar that makes people drool over the 3rd arm that is revealed by a scanner. So hopefully MA in the future sets up a service for Avatar sales since it's a RCE and there should be one in place.

I would also like to add it could possibly be good PR for MA if someone sells an Avatar for 50 or 100,000 USD. That is news making material and might attract some players.

I feel like i need a shower after reading that post.

I feel like i need a shower after reading that post.

Sometimes a shower is best to cool off when you are hot and bothered from reading about huge big swinging Attributes. :cool:

been playing about 6 months and i briefly thought about chipping out some of my less-used skills, so i started to do the research

i was shocked to find that the skill value markup was so low compared to the markup of the ESI itself.

in most instances, or so it seemed from a casual inspection of the auction house, the looter of the ESI is getting 2/3 of the value of any chip transaction.

been playing about 6 months and i briefly thought about chipping out some of my less-used skills, so i started to do the research

i was shocked to find that the skill value markup was so low compared to the markup of the ESI itself.

in most instances, or so it seemed from a casual inspection of the auction house, the looter of the ESI is getting 2/3 of the value of any chip transaction.
what would you chip out after 6 monts, you couldnt even full a 50 ped esi :)

what would you chip out after 6 monts, you couldnt even full a 50 ped esi :)

been playing pretty seriously in that time. but the amount of total skill really isn't that important to my observation.

since the markup is % based and the remainder of the ESI gets refunded, the profit potential is the same in relative terms.

my guess is that the demand for ESI's exceeds the supply (low drop rates?) to the point that this imbalance exists.

Back