Is there a shitlist - maintained by MindArk?

Status

Mad Mike

Provider
Society
Skyfall
Mike Mad Mike Hoare
Good morning,

sometimes I have the feeling that, the more I challenge the one or other mechanism of Entropia Universe and it's dictatorship government, means, the more I share critical thoughts on the forum, the less loot I get on my hunts.

So there comes the thought up that MindArk reads this forum (which we know they do) and, if there are such players that use it's right of sharing his/her thoughts, they will be shitlisted until they maybe leave or shut their mouth.

So my question is: do you think MA has something like a shitlist where they put users on that share their critical attitudes here on PCF or any other EU related forums and hence these players get less loot?

Cheers
Mike

I'm absolutly convinced that MA can in some way control your "luck" factor and
even plant loot specificly for you if they want you to loot, let's say a mod merc SGA out of the blue.

If they actually do it i have no clue but if they can, most definitly.

If there is one, they will always deny it. Especially seeing how it is illegal to have blacklists...at least in the EU it is.

no, im sure there are as many player shutting up and having shit loot as there are players speaking their mind while having good loots.

you just look for patterns and relations where there are none.

system is working as intended, however its been changed or tweaked since the beginning of january it seems.

Basics are still the same though.

the shitlist is just a product of your own imagination, instead of thinking over what you do wrong :)

having a bad streak sucks, im right in one atm. Just do other things, hunt small until you feel its time to try your normal activity again.

cheers

ermik

Well I have seen that my loot tends to be wonderfull after I logged a support case the next time I log in after it has been answered about a bug or something, but it may simply be a case of in the right place at the right time.
If they do have a shitlist like you say then I would deffinatly nether get any loot because I simply will not shut up if I see something wrong and I still avarage out 90% in the long run.

If it would be, it useless anyway, since primary candidates to that shitlist have close to 0 activity in the game, so they can't be punished.

Good morning,

sometimes I have the feeling that, the more I challenge the one or other mechanism of Entropia Universe and it's dictatorship government, means, the more I share critical thoughts on the forum, the less loot I get on my hunts.

I have seen no corelation between what i post on forums and my loot.

Oh, and MA does read the forum. Even answer in here. Its a good thing.

I'm absolutly convinced that MA can in some way control your "luck" factor and
even plant loot specificly for you if they want you to loot, let's say a mod merc SGA out of the blue.

Even if they can do it (and I doubt they programmed such a thing) they wouldn't use it... I am fairly sure that it would be considered illegal and they would not risk having to shut the game down and pay massive fees

Well I have seen that my loot tends to be wonderfull after I logged a support case the next time I log in after it has been answered about a bug or something, but it may simply be a case of in the right place at the right time.
If they do have a shitlist like you say then I would deffinatly nether get any loot because I simply will not shut up if I see something wrong and I still avarage out 90% in the long run.

If you get 90 in average return you are a lucky guy.

Maybe I follow ermiks suggestion and go small for a while. Many quests to be finished where no big expensive gun is needed :)

Even if they can do it (and I doubt they programmed such a thing) they wouldn't use it... I am fairly sure that it would be considered illegal and they would not risk having to shut the game down and pay massive fees

Well, they CAN and DO control the loot-system (what mob drops what item etc.), why not control the loot of a single player if this player is challenging them in public with critical comments they don't like to be discussed in public??

MA proofed many times that the majority of the players is not in their focus. What counts is that there are players that pay 100k USD for a single item or even more and from time to time some PR gag is in the news on some tech channel. But this discussion is as old as the question who was first, the egg I say! Also MA proofed so many times that they seem to have cheap development, don't care about bugs or people find possibilities of exploiting the system.

So from my point of view everything that I can imagine IS possible.

Even though I like the idea behind EU and all it's possibilities and many cool people that participate, there are many factors that remind me on some evil dictatorship where a small bunch of folks control the market, the loot, simply everything and the more you act like a Rebel, the more you get punished as one.

Peace

The balancing team can naturally influence loots and yes things can be inserted manually, but those ppl do not read the forum afaik.

The balancing team can naturally influence loots and yes things can be inserted manually, but those ppl do not read the forum afaik.

Well, I think people that put pictures on facebook where they lay in their own puke also never imagined that their Boss or parents would read facebook and find these pictures.

Maybe my imagination is just bigger than yous ;)

Good morning,

So there comes the thought up that MindArk reads this forum (which we know they do) and, if there are such players that use it's right of sharing his/her thoughts, they will be shitlisted until they maybe leave or shut their mouth.

So my question is: do you think MA has something like a shitlist where they put users on that share their critical attitudes here on PCF or any other EU related forums and hence these players get less loot?

Cheers
Mike

Nice idea :laugh: but I think the Mindark team have got better things to do than reading every post on the forum and going to the trouble of targeting individual players. You are describing a police state where it takes at least two people to observe and control the 3rd person, thus employing 2/3 of the population in the police force (Hello 1984). In fact I think they are busy devising their exit strategy (in the worst case scenario) or determining which of the Calypso servers they will not shut down. Welcome to 2013 Entropia Universe of 8192 x 8192 meters!

Whats the point of lowering whinner´s loot? Make more whinning?

Well, I was one of the fortunate who got 24k HOF when i was 4 months old in EU. I was told to be one of the luckiest players...

Over the years I've had ups and downs of cyclical loots... and accepted that...

At some point I've started to criticize MA's balancing team and later about interplanetary travel and space piracy.
Meanwhile, my loot got from bad, worse to worst. In the past I had this experience that a good cycle is preceeded by bad loot (longer term) or often no looter (short term). So, often times I kept hunting despite bad loot hoping to get better outcome, just the way it was in the past. But for several months I continued to have bad loot without any good return. In ET there are some sporadic globals but those are actually periods of massive loss as i was challenging the system.

Many of you might think it was a geneal decline for all players... but no it was not. Coz I've hunted side by side sometimes in team sometimes without a team with a friend... and consistently I had worse loot. In the past i've mentioned that my hunting partner got 2HOF/1global when i got disconnected or crashed.

Then came the sand king wave event..players with less dps (tierd apis + dante with several crit hit vs apis + beast) got 3 times more loot than me.. After that I promised not to hunt again...

However, to test it again in arkadia... i hunted (apis + dante vs apis + beast) with my friend side by side same mob in team (shooting different mobs) or without team. Yet again I lost big time... and my friend got big profit from globals and hof. All of these are not shown in ET. My friend felt guilty about the outcome.

Anyway, after all these, I'm pretty much convicned MA has a list..... So, now I rarely hunt... infact i've lost appetie for hunting... coz it makes me more frustrated and angry from this percieved feeling of injustice (true or false) .

I've plenty of peds locked up in my storage. I tried trading......it's intersting, One has to know a lot of stuff, and has to be on top of things. But I guess I've lost interest in it now.. too tedious and reward is not that great. So, now I spend more time in forum. Whenever I'm in game sometime I do sweating or go from planet to planet.

Having said that, I'm pretty much sure, I wont' withdraw or leave EU. There is something in EU especially in Calypso I feel deeply connected. :) I just hope that MA would change it's policy, and make it a game for casual players. who would play this game for fun.. and not for money. This is the only way, MA would be able to increase the player base and then make it even a better game.

Last edited:
Nice idea :laugh: but I think the Mindark team have got better things to do than reading every post on the forum and going to the trouble of targeting individual players. You are describing a police state where it takes at least two people to observe and control the 3rd person, thus employing 2/3 of the population in the police force (Hello 1984). In fact I think they are busy devising their exit strategy (in the worst case scenario) or determining which of the Calypso servers they will not shut down. Welcome to 2013 Entropia Universe of 8192 x 8192 meters!

I build you a select on any database within 1 minute to filter ALL relevant data with terms that would fit into that category as long as chat-logs are available (we know they are), no matter of it's "MA sucks", "Greedy Bastards" or whatever could come to peoples mind when they complain on bad loot, either in EU chat itself or here in the forum.

So you don't need much manpower to track such terms when you have access to the database or you know how to use the search function of this or any other forum. You build urself a php-page and have such terms highlighted on a website...it's less than 1 hour work for any expirienced php-developer.

What exit strategy??? They just shut down service, no strategy needed for that ;)
You agreed to that "exit strategy" by accepting the Terms of usage. :)

1984 was also a great album of the Eurythmics btw ;)

Peace

Well, they CAN and DO control the loot-system (what mob drops what item etc.), why not control the loot of a single player if this player is challenging them in public with critical comments they don't like to be discussed in public??

Actually, there is no evidence they can control loot of a single mob. We have seen that they can change the loot of a single mob type (using sand kings as an example) for a specified time, in this case, all of Sand Kings in game would have looted loads of items. It just happens that a) there is ever only one sand king in game and b) there is always rather long time between sand kings in game, so loot table changes can easily be made.

There is no evidence that a single mob can be made to loot differently than others, or that looter parameters can directly be taken into account.

When you got the best landscape award, they lost my trust totally whatever was remaining... as far as fairness is concerned!

More serious question Infinity though: aren't you a good example why such a list would be totally pointless and contra-productive?

More serious question Infinity though: aren't you a good example why such a list would be totally pointless and contra-productive?

To a rational mind and system... yes you are 100% correct.

The Loot Balancing team has been proven to be Irrational as far as MA's image is concerned!

They do things that are totally counterproductive to create a good image. They could tweak a lot of things and make more people happy without costing more.

So, yes you are correct... but won't apply in the case of loot balancing team!

Planet Partners themselves can influence it, not just the balancing team...
http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studio-news/6817-may-20011-q.html
19. Once and for all who determines items that drop in RT/NI loot is it MA or NDS (For example if you wanted to add A-3 punisher MKII to drop from Forum trolls is it you guys or MA who would add this)

We determine which Mobs drop which items, that is essential for game design, we don't control how or when, so we can't predict when something will drop

This would be a (yes, but) answer. All planet partners work with the exact same tools, rules, limitations etc and that includes Calypso. However since I am also a MindArk employee I have access to certain systems which means that I can do certain things myself while other partners may have to ask us to do those things for them.

I wont be able to elaborate on what this may include.

Cheers

Actually, there is no evidence they can control loot of a single mob. We have seen that they can change the loot of a single mob type (using sand kings as an example) for a specified time, in this case, all of Sand Kings in game would have looted loads of items. It just happens that a) there is ever only one sand king in game and b) there is always rather long time between sand kings in game, so loot table changes can easily be made.

There is no evidence that a single mob can be made to loot differently than others, or that looter parameters can directly be taken into account.
They may not control the loot of a single mob, but in some situations, the spawns for certain types of mobs is more than enough to control the outcome. Classic example that I can think of involved some scanners in the loots on a certain Rocktropia LA, and eventually resulted in DA Manager (someone known to have multiple avatars and be working closely with a planet partner at the time) no longer being able to work directly with that partner... of course, his official reason for release had to do with insider trading, but I suspect that that was because there was no way to do a cover up as the public knowledge about it was already out in the forums and elsewhere... just a valid excuse to get rid of someone that was a thorn in the side of RT for along while? The 'official' comment denies insider trading of course, lol... Even though what RT did was a good move, it really undermines the power of Mindark and their rules themselves since 'all trades are final' is apparently not ALWAYS the rule... All avatars are 'equal', some are just more equal than others I guess.

http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-st...-over-outpost-nuclear-blast-bomb-shelter.html
Some issues regarding marketing affiliate Land areas have arisen

As a result ROCKtropia has reclaimed the LA's that were under the management of DA for the respective artists and record labels.

We will be looking into the Dealings of DA manager.

DA have never had any inside info regarding loots or BP's, so nothing including the scanner issue stemmed from any security breach. They have just been very active on the planet.

To be brief, the Point of DA was to manage fans and land areas for artists or labels who were driving traffic to ROCKtropia. NDS involvement with them has been at arms length except in relation to dealings with bands or labels or setting up the areas.

ALL Land Area deeds were retained by ROCKtropia manager. Market Stall Deeds due to the functionality of the Stalls were on loan to DA manager for management purposes.

Update:

Market Stall Deeds were promptly returned by DA...

Last edited:
I am absolutely sure that there is no such a list. At least a "list" that might affect your loot return in some way.

no, im sure there are as many player shutting up and having shit loot as there are players speaking their mind while having good loots.

you just look for patterns and relations where there are none.

system is working as intended, however its been changed or tweaked since the beginning of january it seems.

Basics are still the same though.

the shitlist is just a product of your own imagination, instead of thinking over what you do wrong :)

having a bad streak sucks, im right in one atm. Just do other things, hunt small until you feel its time to try your normal activity again.

cheers

ermik

Oh ffs Ermik now it's a meta analysis of shit loots yet again, but yeah same thoughts ;)

To a rational mind and system... yes you are 100% correct.

The Loot Balancing team has been proven to be Irrational as far as MA's image is concerned!

They do things that are totally counterproductive to create a good image. They could tweak a lot of things and make more people happy without costing more.

So, yes you are correct... but won't apply in the case of loot balancing team!

My impression of the loot system changes over time is: That the balancing got adjusted based on what is successfully. Not based on what you or i might like, but based on what really creates turnover. And while i personally might not like it, it is very rational.

There is a vast difference between what people claim here on the forum about what kind of loot volatility they would like and how they actually act ingame. So you can't conclude from what people post here on the forum that MindArk does not listen.

It is just that they listen to the flow of Peds ingame, where they have precise stats, then to a marginal group here on the forum.

Well, after i started to talk about how MA hates long term players, how MA probably consumes all the ped deposited after paying withdrawals and so on, I indeed noticed how my 30k/month profits turned to 15k/month loses (having 127 in laser damage and so on, hunting with impmk2/mod merc/mod fap). I just started to notice how anybody else gets all globals hunting in same area as me. This and some other things i hate in EU development after 2006 actually made me sell out and quit. So MA has 1 less whiner actually.

Status
Back