Is there a way?

Shew

Alpha
Society
FREELANCER
Shew
alright first, I'm not a young kid looking for ways of just screwing with others. I'm older, have two teenagers myself, and just want a way of perhaps deterring n00bism (as in a jerkish way).

I have reported abusive players and feel at times this a thing that shouldn't have to be done and I feel MA has better things to do instead of these sort of dealings.

To the point, is there a way of killing a disrespectful, inconsiderate, hell bent on ruining the fun of others, type of person other than agroing everything in site or being in a pvp area?

In the game Saga of Ryzom a person could use a heal bomb spell and actually injure a person if cast just right. Was very useful in the afore mentioned situation.

I usually go way out from cities to get away from people so I can sweat without having mobs agro all of the time. If someone comes on radar and starts to approach I simply ask "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx." For the most part people are considerate and go around, as do I when I come across others.

But for a reason that escapes me except for they must have been unloved children, or still are, a few are bent on just screwing with people because they can. Apart from getting them to admit they like to screw with people, and get a screen shot of them doing so, not much else can be done.

Hence, why I ask.

How could this game be any different from the real life. Its full of people here too.

There are always jerks...

You just have to learn to ignore them, and focus on the good guys :)

There is actually a lot of really nice and helpful people in here, I even think they are in a great majority and the jerks a minority!

Still annoying when you come across one though... For such occasions a TP chip can be really useful.

If I were you I'd try to stop your (seems a bit obsessive) mapping of the bad guys, and just try relax and have some fun :)

How could this game be any different from the real life. Its full of people here too.

There are always jerks...

You just have to learn to ignore them, and focus on the good guys :)

There is actually a lot of really nice and helpful people in here, I even think they are in a great majority and the jerks a minority!

Still annoying when you come across one though... For such occasions a TP chip can be really useful.

If I were you I'd try to stop your (seems a bit obsessive) mapping of the bad guys, and just try relax and have some fun :)

This is something that all to common as well. Dismiss and misdirect from the people that ruin the fun, and focus on those that are trying to have fun. And, I STRESS THE WORD TRYING. Relax and have fun? Easier said than done when it seems from what I've experienced is there seems the minority is actually the people trying to have good clean fun.

Yes I agree a teleporter chip is great to have, but it gets old having to go select a new spot each and everytime this thing happens, and for those that are out sweating and TRYING to have that fun, happens often.

Something I also find too common is the type of person that will label another as "obsessive" for the simple action of asking what can be done, pointing out a fact of the game (or whining as someone like you would call it), or hell lets step out on a limb here and say give more rights to criminals than those that have been abused? That's the way you make it sound IMO.

Are there any other people left alive that are just plain sick and tired of this type of ignorance?

lol, i never tried selling sweat in RL ;)

Funny didn't think of it that way, but if on that train of thought, hard work and labor is "selling sweat."

I actually meant, at least in the states, that society seems to look the other way when people are rude and abusive for the most part. Yet they are quick to judge those that try to make a difference and stand up for the little guy/gal.

Just want to play, have some fun away from the real world once in a while.

I'm sorry, I must visit different places then. I rarely ever have problems with jerks...

Though, I also have no problem of having someone on the same map as me, but I guess thats isn't as much as a problem when hunting...
It can be annoying when the guy is a fuckup and aggros way more mobs then he can handle, so too many of them start running for me, but I don't assume he does it because he tries to annoy me...

It is beginning to get quite crowded in here in some places... hard to find a spot where you are totally alone.

I promise that if I ever hunt close to you, I will try very carefully to not lose any aggro:ed mob on you, and if I would, I'll heal you for free :)
(I rarely let them escape...)

If someone comes on radar and starts to approach I simply ask "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx."

While this is a very polite way of asking it is important that you remember that no one person owns any particular mob or zone. It's free for all.

But for a reason that escapes me except for they must have been unloved children, or still are, a few are bent on just screwing with people because they can. Apart from getting them to admit they like to screw with people, and get a screen shot of them doing so, not much else can be done.

So you want to counter an 'unloved' child by acting like an 'unloved' child?

Violence begets violence. I'm pretty sure that any act you take similar to a 'heal bomb' will only make the person want to irritate you more. The cycle grows and escalates. Why? Because you didn't want someone to enter your private little sweat zone.

Who's the child again?

There are plenty of other alternatives. If a player is harrassing you I suggest you file a complant with Mindark with screenshots and the time and date of the incident. If you are simply annoyed, exclude the player from any trade or economic activity you do. Tell your socitiety mates about the person, take out a 30 PED 3 day billboard and broadcast it around the planet about this person.

There are lots of other innovative things to do. But hey, I guess dropped a 'heal bomb' is much easier.

About the way...

I think the way is to stay positive.
Don't assume people are trying to be jerks.

Greet someone with positivity. If they give negativity back, respond positivly anyway.
If they are still negative, walk away.

The jerks greatest satisfaction is when someone "talks back", that is what they live for. Don't give them that!

Focus your energy on your positive pears, and in that way increase the net postivity.

Starve the negative jerks to death.

Just think of it this way-

There is nothing you can really do to them other than report them, but that is probably good, because if there was something you could do to them, then they could run around doing it to others. That kind of person would love something like that where they had a new griefing toy to play with.

So it is probably a good thing that there isn't much you can do other than report them.

Like I said, if someone comes on radar and continues to approach, I ask "plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx."

The "good" and considerate people will go around. When I'm out in the wilderness if I come across a dot on radar, I will go wide around so any mob train that may be following me will not agro to the other person. I feel that is just common courtesy.

When I sweat I go to a area far from PA close to feffs and where there are easily over 300 mobs in any direction. I sweat there for the simple fact that I know new people to the game would not survive long so I don't have to worry about their newbieness to cause mob trains. It is only people that can survive being hit by more than 5 mobs including feffs can survive any length of time that for the most part will be out there.

There are a few names I remember, and 1 in particular that has done it numerous times (got screen shot today) and are proud of the fact that they screw with people (he even stated so-that's why I got screeny).

I'm just frustrated at the people that get their fun by screwing with others. I'd at least like to recoupe some of the lost fun by being able to in some fasion wipe em off the face of calypso, if you know what I mean.

While this is a very polite way of asking it is important that you remember that no one person owns any particular mob or zone. It's free for all.

So you want to counter an 'unloved' child by acting like an 'unloved' child?

Violence begets violence. I'm pretty sure that any act you take similar to a 'heal bomb' will only make the person want to irritate you more. The cycle grows and escalates. Why? Because you didn't want someone to enter your private little sweat zone.

Who's the child again?

There are plenty of other alternatives. If a player is harrassing you I suggest you file a complant with Mindark with screenshots and the time and date of the incident. If you are simply annoyed, exclude the player from any trade or economic activity you do. Tell your socitiety mates about the person, take out a 30 PED 3 day billboard and broadcast it around the planet about this person.

There are lots of other innovative things to do. But hey, I guess dropped a 'heal bomb' is much easier.

And case in point!

You state "So you want to counter an 'unloved' child by acting like an 'unloved' child?" and also state "Violence begets violence. I'm pretty sure that any act you take similar to a 'heal bomb' will only make the person want to irritate you more. The cycle grows and escalates."

Do you not see that you are doing exactly what you are saying I'm doing?

Nothing like cookie cutter children who become adults. Have no clue to think for themselves and decide what is truely right, and what is truely wrong.

If it feels good do it is not necessarly the RIGHT way.

And violence does have it's place as does physical discipline. To spare the rod is to hate your child. Or, a person cannot be corrected by mere words; though he understands he will not respond.

And, the heal bomb did have its place also, when the "mere words" were ignored and person continued to screw with others.

Perhaps you need to stop asking ppl not to come near you. Its like a red rag to a bull telling people not to do something.

Perhaps you need to stop asking ppl not to come near you. Its like a red rag to a bull telling people not to do something.

True but I usually only do it when someone is coming towards me. If just on the radar I usually walk in a direction to keep them at the edge or off the scope. I figure they are already coming towards me so I have nothing to lose by asking nicely to go around.

Just think of it this way-

There is nothing you can really do to them other than report them, but that is probably good, because if there was something you could do to them, then they could run around doing it to others. That kind of person would love something like that where they had a new griefing toy to play with.

So it is probably a good thing that there isn't much you can do other than report them.

TRUE TRUE, but at least a person could get some gratification for being able to do something back ;)

Your quote, there is always a breaking point, even if it may happen went bent back, or frequent bending actions.

I'm going to throw a different perspective in to this discussion, as a miner I often do a "mining run" which may involve following a valley or another run I did in the past that yielded good results.
If another person gets in my path I do not interfere with them and have to admit that I have yet to be asked to go around (politely or otherwise). I guess I would if asked, however my point is that some people may be very particular about their running path as they feel it is their income generating method.
The question is:
Who should have right of way? Long-time player or recent player? Notably this is right of way in a free world(private estates excluded)

My method for tracking avatars is to remember the good guys, forget the bad ones - they are a serious waste of energy and brain power/pen & paper.

Sounds to me like you are being over-sensitive about this. Yes, there are idiots around who get their kicks screwing things up for others, but they are very few. There are also new players who can mess things up by mistake, simply because they don't know about aggroing mobs and how it can cause problems.

It seems you are determined to keep other people off your radar at all times. I suggest you do some more research into how mob aggro works, because most of the time this is totally unnecessary. I like to keep a fair distance between myself and other green dots, but because I know a lot about the behaviour of the mobs, and the areas I'm in, I know how close is too close. If you're in an area with daikibas, for example, you can be right next to others without causing any problems (you may occasionally aggro a mob but it doesn't happen very often). If there are spiders around, it's a different story.

It may be that people with more experience than you think that YOU are the one being disrespectful or even aggressive, if you're asking them not to approach in an area where they know it'll be perfectly safe.

Here's another example of how that could work - I've spent a little time hunting rippersnappers in Zeus lake over the last few days, and on a couple of occasions I have run into another player who's been in there surrounded by about 40 fish, skilling defence. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with the fact that any time I get anywhere near her, she swims right at me and drags those 40 mobs over me while I'm trying to hunt, because she says I'm getting too close, depiste the fact that I'm deliberately keeping my distance because I don't want to aggro the fishies on her, as I don't want more fish on me than I can handle when I'm hunting with in pixie or with no armour.

Sadly she seems to think she owns the lake. Which one of us (if any) do you think is in the wrong here, and which one of us do you think is closer to what you are doing in the situation I've described?

Like I said, if someone comes on radar and continues to approach, I ask "plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx."

Just as a point of interest what do you consider to be too close?

To my mind:
If they come right up to within 5m of you then they are hardly trying to avoid you, but if they stay 50m away, while still easily on radar I would personally consider that quite good avoidance...

alright first, I'm not a young kid looking for ways of just screwing with others. I'm older, have two teenagers myself, and just want a way of perhaps deterring n00bism (as in a jerkish way).

I have reported abusive players and feel at times this a thing that shouldn't have to be done and I feel MA has better things to do instead of these sort of dealings.

To the point, is there a way of killing a disrespectful, inconsiderate, hell bent on ruining the fun of others, type of person other than agroing everything in site or being in a pvp area?

In the game Saga of Ryzom a person could use a heal bomb spell and actually injure a person if cast just right. Was very useful in the afore mentioned situation.

I usually go way out from cities to get away from people so I can sweat without having mobs agro all of the time. If someone comes on radar and starts to approach I simply ask "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx." For the most part people are considerate and go around, as do I when I come across others.

Hence, why I ask.

Rather a negative post in my opinion :scratch2:

If I am hunting and looking for a herd, I steam straight in, I want to kill as many, as quickly as possible.
I wouldnt kill your sweat mob although, but It isnt my issue if I agro the mobs and some swing your way.
I wouldnt probably even be hunting the same kind of mobs you are sweating btw.
My issue is your attitude!

You speak of jerks/unloved children/screwing with others?

Could you be more insulting, also more of a hypocrit? :eek:

So is the entire universe supposed to play by what you prefer?
Is the entire universe jerks because they do not do, what you command them to do in all chat, but then get aggravated when they do not listen to you?
OMG :eek:

So lets all leave you alone, because if things dont swing your way, we all suck. :mad:

You do realise you share this on-line universe with thousands of others right?

I say lighten up some.

Rather a negative post in my opinion :scratch2:

If I am hunting and looking for a herd, I steam straight in, I want to kill as many, as quickly as possible.
I wouldnt kill your sweat mob although, but It isnt my issue if I agro the mobs and some swing your way.
I wouldnt probably even be hunting the same kind of mobs you are sweating btw.
My issue is your attitude!

You speak of jerks/unloved children/screwing with others?

Could you be more insulting, also more of a hypocrit? :eek:

So is the entire universe supposed to play by what you prefer?
Is the entire universe jerks because they do not do, what you command them to do in all chat, but then get aggravated when they do not listen to you?
OMG :eek:

So lets all leave you alone, because if things dont swing your way, we all suck. :mad:

You do realise you share this on-line universe with thousands of others right?

I say lighten up some.

My point, CONSIDERATION! Which it seems is not part of your vocabulary.

yes it is an online universe and it is pretty damn evident that you think you own it. I at least ASK, and DO NOT ASSUME for the area.

People like you are pretty damn arrogant to rip on someone that at least is asking people to keep some distance.

Unlike you I just DON'T STORM IN LIKE THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME!

Pretty evident of the masses of this forum. Yes some good ones, but what I see the most vocal are the radical self absorbed dip shits!

as i read this thread my sympathy faded and my response changed accourdingly.

if they are outside of your inner radar i wouldn't even give it a second thought.

[my_point]
also, and i mean this in the most sincere way, if you stop asking people to come near you i think you will find most people will never come near you. the people that will mess with you are those that will at any excuse. asking your 'stay away' question really, truly, and without a doubt get a jerks attention. they prolly would have walked away without bothering you, but just had to mess with you after finding out that it mattered to you somehow. some people love to bother other people, but if you don't give them an in, they will walk on to an easier target.
[/my_point]

but please, without being more angry, i think you have recieved some good responses to your thread. take them for what they are worth. the thing is any online game will expose you to the entire range of human behavior, good and bad. just turn the other cheek, it is all just a game. edit - it is also only sweat :) you get it for free, you get skills for free. hey, i am gald we can do it period.

Last edited:
My point, CONSIDERATION! Which it seems is not part of your vocabulary.

yes it is an online universe and it is pretty damn evident that you think you own it. I at least ASK, and DO NOT ASSUME for the area.

People like you are pretty damn arrogant to rip on someone that at least is asking people to keep some distance.

Unlike you I just DON'T STORM IN LIKE THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME!

Pretty evident of the masses of this forum. Yes some good ones, but what I see the most vocal are the radical self absorbed dip shits!

You ask for people to show consideration, while asking how you can get your revenge on the people who have slightly annoyed you.

You accuse others of being self-absorbed, while you are the one demanding others stay out of your radar.

Your hypocrisy is stunning.

Have you even read the replies here? They have all been considered, intelligent responses to your original question, while your posts have been aggressive and uninformed.

You might want to consider again why the people with hundreds of posts, dozens of rep bars, and years of experience in the game, disagree with you. Do you really think it's because they are all self-absorbed dipshits?

And case in point!

You state "So you want to counter an 'unloved' child by acting like an 'unloved' child?" and also state "Violence begets violence. I'm pretty sure that any act you take similar to a 'heal bomb' will only make the person want to irritate you more. The cycle grows and escalates."

Do you not see that you are doing exactly what you are saying I'm doing?

Nothing like cookie cutter children who become adults. Have no clue to think for themselves and decide what is truely right, and what is truely wrong.

If it feels good do it is not necessarly the RIGHT way.

And violence does have it's place as does physical discipline. To spare the rod is to hate your child. Or, a person cannot be corrected by mere words; though he understands he will not respond.

And, the heal bomb did have its place also, when the "mere words" were ignored and person continued to screw with others.

Perhaps I should have said it simpler, I believe in live and let live. If someone is in the area ask nicely (which you did) and if they don't want to leave then share the land. You don't own it so don't act pissy if someone doesn't do what you say.

You ask for people to show consideration, while asking how you can get your revenge on the people who have slightly annoyed you.

You accuse others of being self-absorbed, while you are the one demanding others stay out of your radar.

Have you even read the replies here? They have all been considered, intelligent responses to your original question, while your posts have been aggressive and uninformed.

You might want to consider again why the people with hundreds of posts, dozens of rep bars, and years of experience in the game, disagree with you. Do you really think it's because they are all self-absorbed dipshits?

Not to sound like a complete ass, I'll try to put this simply.

In my initial post, I put "I usually go way out from cities to get away from people so I can sweat without having mobs agro all of the time. If someone comes on radar and starts to approach I simply ask "plz do not come closer as not to agro area, thx." For the most part people are considerate and go around, as do I when I come across others."

Or as I put in another reponse, "Like I said, if someone comes on radar and continues to approach, I ask "plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx.""

Let me translate.
IF SOMEONE CONTINUES TO COME TOWARDS ME
PERSON CLOSES THE GAP BETWEEN THEM MOVING ME, AND ME STATIONARY
THEM IN MOTION, ME NOT

It doesn't matter how many posts a person has done, how long they've been around this particular game, an idiot is an idiot no matter what.

It's pretty damn evident that you and others are incapable of reading to comprehend what is meant without having the need of someone to translate.

Am I hostile now? DAMN SKIPPY!

I won't apologize that people wearing asshats rub me the wrong way and they stand up for people that again that I have described ACTED LIKE A JERK AND EVEN STATED HE DOES IT JUST TO PISS PEOPLE OFF.

BEFORE YOU GET ALL UP ON YOUR HIGH HORSE TO GET YOUR ASSININE THOUGHTS KNOWN, READ THE DAMN POST!

I'M DONE HERE PUBLICY SINCE I WANT NO MORE PART OF DEALING WITH KIDS AND SOME ADULTS THAT ARE FAR MORE CHALLENGED IN BRAINS THAN MY KIDS.

How proud we should be at the quality of educated people our schools are turning these days.

Or as I put in another reponse, "Like I said, if someone comes on radar and continues to approach, I ask "plz don't come closer as not to agro area, thx.""

Perhaps you'd like to explain to us how the mob's aggro AI works, since we obviously don't understand it as well as you do.

Let me translate.
IF SOMEONE CONTINUES TO COME TOWARDS ME
PERSON CLOSES THE GAP BETWEEN THEM MOVING ME, AND ME STATIONARY
THEM IN MOTION, ME NOT

You translated that from English into, what language?

How proud we should be at the quality of educated people our schools are turning these days.

Quite.

people wearing asshats <-- dunno y but this shit made me laugh lol.. asshats :laugh::eek::laugh:

Oleg said it all here. what more is there to add

lol, caps lock in heavy use here... sup with this?!:D

Take some more time to know how it is in eu..., by your reactions I think you are really newbie..., I see you mention some other game you played..., hmm, but for sure It was not a RCE game ~ meaning the population in that one was way younger and probably the "rules" of interaction somewhat limited..., you see here in eu, one goes by his own business..., to get all jumpy about aggro/sweatin thingie is a laughable occurance from a depositing/hunters/miners players point of view; there are far worse cases of rude and abusive acts later on in the game... But here is some good news for you: Dying is free in eu, specially if you gather sweat without armor! So chill a bit...;)

Regards,
Robo

Back