Is there any Role Play, how good is it?

lilkitkat

So, I hear it is a lot like SL in a lot of ways... is there any RP on this game? If so how good is it, and how hard is it to find?

Any game I play online, other than MOBA's, I play first for RP and secondly for the game play =)

Have you even made an Avatar?

The role play that you will encounter in this game is distinctly different. I'd say avatars in this game almost become kind of an alter-ego... You won't encounter much of the traditional "role-play" you see in other mmo's where people are trying to "talk in character". You will see many people put some thought into a story line behind why their ava may behave a certain way and all of your alliances and "enemies" will take on a whole different level of meaning when you're talking actual cash. Inadvertently I think even the people who'd never consider that they might rp while participating in an mmo are actually doing so because in this one, you're pretty much always in character, with your avatar being almost more of an extension of yourself than a "separate character".

No, there is nothing like the classic role play that you would find in other games. Every once in awhile, we we get some sad, impotent loser who likes to play "tough guy" in PVP. Does that count?

had a few guys hit on me wanting to just RP, Its not been very good...

I don't think there are many role play societies left in here. Most people are interested in the gameplay.

So I guess lilkitkat this may be something for you to set up when you get more familiar with the game. A dedicated role play society.

Not really, no - as in, there is no built in systems for it or something like that. But it's also what you make of it - there was this guy Letum Latro who just played 100% pvp by annoying ppl and writing weird texts. A lot of ppl were annoyed but in the end most understood that he was just roleplaying/trolling.

Although, most ppl you'll find will be regular folk, who want's to play the game, chat and find friends.

Last edited:
EU isn't a place where people RP.... it IS RP-to-the-next-level. You think SL is realistic? The RCE makes EU a real role. Just like IRL you can have roles (and behave occordingly) such as son, father, brother, employee, customer), EU is adding a role.

IRL, I cannot invest, I do not havea fleet consisting of a space-craft(VTOL), a chopper, a buggy and a jeep, I don't own a condo (well... I own a house, but you get the idea)...but here, I do. This is the mst immersing MMO ever.

I hate the ego-centricity of RockTropia, but Neverdie is right about one thing: "I AM my avatar".

Of course there is RP in game.

Many players are role-playing, pretending they are not gamblers :)

Of course there is RP in game.

Many players are role-playing, pretending they are not gamblers :)

Wrong, I am roleplaying as a gamling addict!:smoke:

So, I hear it is a lot like SL in a lot of ways... is there any RP on this game? If so how good is it, and how hard is it to find?

Any game I play online, other than MOBA's, I play first for RP and secondly for the game play =)
Well, you build your avatar with a tons of different skills, and put together clothes/armor sets and lot of other gear, and many people are simply obsessed with the progression of their skills and gear. So in that sense, Yes.

But if you mean role-play, as in people 'acting out' personalities through chat and actions, there's not much of that.
(Though how would we know, if they do it consistently and well?)

And btw, Entropia is nothing like SL. Or at least the similarities are very limited. Apart from being a RCE virtual world platform (the similarity), Entropia offers a sci-fi game with a story line, and avatar skills/abilities. And a lot of other things.

IRL, I cannot invest, I do not havea fleet consisting of a space-craft(VTOL), a chopper, a buggy and a jeep, I don't own a condo (well... I own a house, but you get the idea)...but here, I do. This is the mst immersing MMO ever.

Ever tried to get a black T-shirt ingame? ;)

I´ve heard of loads of tranny´s ingame but it might just be a rumour... :laugh:

we role play in RL, here we are just are evil selves...

I play EU and SL and you cant compare it with each other at all.

In SL its easy to build, make clothes intact with other ppl (dance, music events, chat or ........)
In EU progress in one or more professions (hunting and mining are most popular)
intact with other players is mostly chat and team hunts.

I like both but they are complete different games

But if you mean role-play, as in people 'acting out' personalities through chat and actions, there's not much of that.
(Though how would we know, if they do it consistently and well?)

IDK. I personally don't deliberately role-play, but my avatar has a slightly different personality than I do. IRL I'm a very quiet shy person. In game I'm very outgoing and talkative. IRL I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt type of gal while in game my ava dresses up very girly. Other than those little differences my ava and I are very much the same person.

IDK. I personally don't deliberately role-play, but my avatar has a slightly different personality than I do. IRL I'm a very quiet shy person. In game I'm very outgoing and talkative. IRL I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt type of gal while in game my ava dresses up very girly. Other than those little differences my ava and I are very much the same person.

I call bullshit!!! :laugh:

The shy/ talkative part I can relate to. It's common on the internet, it's more secure here (and ingame too) to talk and interact with people. Who knows, it might have even helped me and others to lift off some of my shyness?

As for the roleplaying: I am not sure but mayhaps people act like if it was really themselves living in the future on a different planet. Make your own destiny and do what you want. It with what we do and how we interact that our avatars are made. You might want to call it roleplaying.

If you want to dress like a slut you can.
If you're a guy and want to wear stockings and thigh high pink boots you can.
If you're girl and want to be a cool dude man, you can.
If you want to hunt massive wild creatures with kick arse guns you can.
If you want to mine a whole planetary system for cool resources you can.
If you want to craft amazing weapons and really cool items you can.
If you want to play around in your own plane, or own boats you can.
If you want to travel around in space or go to other planets you can.
If you want to try and loot some amazing amount of peds, you can

You do what we can, and even if you think you can't you can!!

If that's not some role-play I don't know what is.

Load up your ava.

Rick

Yes you can roleplay

you can be a trader, a healer, a miner a crafter a hunter an event organizer, space pilot, advertiser, investor, reseller, sweater, traveler, colorer, surgion, face mask designer, tailor, news reporter... you can even event your own trade

thing is, roleplaying here is in terms of making a profession or doing one. It's a more practical way of role playing; you are what you play; you play what you are. If you want to fantasise, write stories and become a writer.
whatever brings in ped or skill :wtg:

The thing about EU is you can define you own role, and play it - or not. If you are looking for traditional role-playing, this is something different -both more and less than what you have experienced.

My role-playing consists of having my avatar doing things consistent with his character's values. As my character is the space traveling pioneer I would want to be in his shoes, that role, that character, is an extension of me.

So when I stop what I'm doing to help someone else, I am role-playing, because that true to my avatar's values, but I am also just being myself, for those values are shared. I would find it very hard to play an artificial role for such an extended period of time, especially one that was confrontational, obnoxious, or untrustworthy.

I cast another vote for "I AM my avatar"

:beerchug:
Miles

The shy/ talkative part I can relate to...As for the roleplaying: I am not sure but mayhaps people act like if it was really themselves...

I like the new word you invented "mayhaps" lol + rep

Roleplaying: yes. I have in fact seem many people roleplaying as intelligent and knowledgeable on these very forums!

There is a lot of role play here...

There is quite a large active troll population.

Back