Question: is this deposit method a normal process.

TeesMaarKhan

Prowler
Society
Shaolin
Tees Maar Khan - Formerly The Crouching Tiger 2006 - 2011
Hi Guys

so I was about to do a big depo and wanted to see what exchange rate i would get aka the amount in peds. i open the depo portal in game I select card put in amount enter security code and press next, on the next screen its showing me what I will get based on the exchange rate, as I am reading that i get a message from the bank saying so and so amount has been deducted from your account.

I am sat there baffled how can that be as I haven't pressed confirm, i haven't got the peds in the account so how is that possible?

i have a strong suspicion that its one of those temp holds until you press confirm which finalises the transaction if not it returns the money to your account in 5 or 7 days.

What my annoyance is why in the world would you, or who gave you permission to hold any funds from my bank account without me even pressing confirm to acknowledge the transaction..as the confirm is the permission right? all I'm doing is sat there reading what exchange rate i will get and the money has been deducted from my account.

I don't believe its fair that someone should have their funds held without their permission.

This is not an error, this has clearly been programmed like this. as a few folk have mentioned they have had double transactions. Seems like a tactic that would be used to make the books look good if anything.

any one else experienced this? I have sent in a support case but my gosh seriously annoyed with this.

Regards
Tees

This is something I first noticed about mid-2022. They are just temp holds that drop off within 7 to 10 days. I feel bad for those who have lower-limit credit cards who might be adversely affected by temp holds.

This is something I first noticed about mid-2022. They are just temp holds that drop off within 7 to 10 days. I feel bad for those who have lower-limit credit cards who might be adversely affected by temp holds.
thank you Drake, if anything its just a tad of a inconvenience, just because I wanted to check something shouldn't get my money withheld from me for 7 to 10 days...why do it in the first place, I don't understand any reason for it....seriously bad practice in my opinion.

has earnt MA a sell off a few things and a no depo for a good 6 months for such petty tactics. will see how i feel after that.

regards
Tees

What would happen if you cancelled and came back to do it again later, would it take the amount twice?
Yes it authorizes each amount each time. So you can type in $1500, check the amount vs exchange rate, and go back and type in $1800 and it with authorize both transactions. Eventually they drop off but they take up your credit limit on credit cards in the meantime.

Yes it authorizes each amount each time. So you can type in $1500, check the amount vs exchange rate, and go back and type in $1800 and it with authorize both transactions. Eventually they drop off but they take up your credit limit on credit cards in the meantime.
Scary.

The reason is that the bank will run your card to make sure you have sufficient funds to make the transaction. Due to time delays caused by the exchange system that may not be normal for your every day purchase at home, the bank puts a temporary hold on that amount after you enter your card number and click next. This is you giving them permission. It runs your card, puts a hold on the funds and gives you a confirmation page to verify you indeed want to make the purchase. At which point you can click accept and it goes through, or you click cancel and the system releases the funds which takes some time to go through the system and get put back in your account.

Clicking proceed after you have put your card number in starts the purchase process. Once started certain things can be stopped or reversed easily, some things can't. This is why I always purchase with credit cards and not debit cards. In case something bad happens the worst I can be hit for is the limit on the card. And the credit card companies have way better budgets for fixing these kind of problems whether its identity theft or something as simple as double clicking making it purchase twice when it should not have. This gives my actual currency a gap and wall of protection. All it requires is not spending more than my budget and paying off my cards in full each month.

For you Americans out there, I was able to raise my credit score from a little over 350 to well over 700 in just 3-4 years of paying my cards on time. Every time my credit would reach a new mile marker I would receive ads to get credit cards in the mail. I would go online find the best card with cashback rewards and apply. I usually got accepted, and would start using the new card as well maybe charging it once or twice. And every few months I would start to get new offers, and I would apply, rinse repeat.

Yep it's super annoying!! They should warn you first. Happened me twice on a big deposits I was planning a while back and ended up leaving me broke and unable to actually do the deposit as they had taken the money twice 😅 luckily on only took MA 1 business day to reverse them for me.

If you read the bank message corectly you will see that your account was not deducted but put on a hold until you confirm. IMO is not ok even that hold, why would you place the money on hold if i didnt confirmed that?

i tried to ut a sum over my limit and money was locked in bank. in less than 24 hours was released.
it is bank side to secure that money to pay is in the account (on some banks)
MA wants all you r money, but does not steal it... you loose it yourself :)

Yeah I had the same issue even when using an incorrect cvv number. It's BS. I can understand a $1 temp auth when initially adding the card but to lock in the whole amount during the review of any deposit seems almost criminal. It's on the bank too for even allowing a temp auth without a correct security code.

Only reason I can see why they added this is maybe someone figured out a way to deposit for free with the old system and this was their quick solution.

ahhh blockchain

The "card" thingy is already one thing that will cost you probably more that you want to.
The card provider will want 1-2% of the transaction in fees in at THEIR conversion rates, MA is not paying for those.
Cheapest was direct bank transfer in UK (thank those guys that wanted the Brexit for the "was"), rest of EU pays the rate of the European Central Bank and its on the account within 24h.

Most people really forget that those credit card companies have to make profits and still have to work within the law.
E.g. You want to transfer 1K USD, the card company has to check according to your contract if that is within your credit line, if there is any risk of them not getting that money, if someone might have stolen the card and if it is a money laundering scheme.
The receiving bank also check for money laundering and fraud (because they have to...why trust a bank not within your economical systen, payout the money and suddenly have the failout ? ) .

Best suggestions for a fast and cheaper transfer would be, get an bank account within the EU, transfer some money there and do everything from there.
Everything below the 12K EUR threshold will unlikely get a laundering investigation on the transfer.
I pay around 3 EUR per month for my account here in Germany without any transaction fees within the EU and during weekdays it is within 24h on the receiving account and I get exactly what MA told me on the page when I initiated the deposit.

The "card" thingy is already one thing that will cost you probably more that you want to.
The card provider will want 1-2% of the transaction in fees in at THEIR conversion rates, MA is not paying for those.
Cheapest was direct bank transfer in UK (thank those guys that wanted the Brexit for the "was"), rest of EU pays the rate of the European Central Bank and its on the account within 24h.

Most people really forget that those credit card companies have to make profits and still have to work within the law.
E.g. You want to transfer 1K USD, the card company has to check according to your contract if that is within your credit line, if there is any risk of them not getting that money, if someone might have stolen the card and if it is a money laundering scheme.
The receiving bank also check for money laundering and fraud (because they have to...why trust a bank not within your economical systen, payout the money and suddenly have the failout ? ) .

Best suggestions for a fast and cheaper transfer would be, get an bank account within the EU, transfer some money there and do everything from there.
Everything below the 12K EUR threshold will unlikely get a laundering investigation on the transfer.
I pay around 3 EUR per month for my account here in Germany without any transaction fees within the EU and during weekdays it is within 24h on the receiving account and I get exactly what MA told me on the page when I initiated the deposit.
How hard is it to get a bank account in the EU when you live in the US?

For me, if I'm going to transfer a large amount into EU I always use bank transfer as the method. It usually takes a working day (so deposit Friday, money in account Monday or Tuesday at latest), and there is no transaction fee or messing about with the problem you mention. I'd give it a go if you're not in a rush for funds.

I know it's slightly off-topic but think of it as free advice. :)

MA charges me in USD what are you talking about with conversion to another currency?

MA doesn’t use Euro…
Your advice should be to make a USA bank account not a UK one…

MA charges me in USD what are you talking about with conversion to another currency?

MA doesn’t use Euro…
Your advice should be to make a USA bank account not a UK one…
Everything is in SEK converted to the 1 USD per 10 ped equivalent in whatever currency you use. They just do all the math behind the scenes so that you get exactly what they show you on the withdraw page without you having to convert it yourself.

Ever try sending via paypal to a friend in a different country? They show you the conversion rates of what they will receive in their home currency so you can adjust how much you send so they get the intended amount. I want to give my friend $100 but if I go to send them $100 it will show that they get like $86 or $94, or $104 (with fees paid by you not a part of the equation), because of the difference in currency exchange rates. So I have to adjust the amount I send if I want my friend to get $100.

Mindark does all of this behind the scenes to keep life a little simpler for the player base because international banking is already complex enough, making us figure out conversion rate costs would probably put people off too much and no one would play outside of Sweden, and really rich people. If you look at their budget reports its all in SEK with a USD converted equivalent copy so the general populace knows how much is actually being earned/spent by Mindark.

I could be wrong but I think this is the general idea of what they do in regards to foreign currency transactions.

Everything is in SEK converted to the 1 USD per 10 ped equivalent in whatever currency you use. They just do all the math behind the scenes so that you get exactly what they show you on the withdraw page without you having to convert it yourself.

Ever try sending via paypal to a friend in a different country? They show you the conversion rates of what they will receive in their home currency so you can adjust how much you send so they get the intended amount. I want to give my friend $100 but if I go to send them $100 it will show that they get like $86 or $94, or $104 (with fees paid by you not a part of the equation), because of the difference in currency exchange rates. So I have to adjust the amount I send if I want my friend to get $100.

Mindark does all of this behind the scenes to keep life a little simpler for the player base because international banking is already complex enough, making us figure out conversion rate costs would probably put people off too much and no one would play outside of Sweden, and really rich people. If you look at their budget reports its all in SEK with a USD converted equivalent copy so the general populace knows how much is actually being earned/spent by Mindark.

I could be wrong but I think this is the general idea of what they do in regards to foreign currency transactions.
I understand that but I am charged usd, there is no conversion to sek in my purchase, they are taking usd from me and converting it themselves or holding it. There is no bank conversion fee, etc. they say 50 usd I pay 50 usd, I get 500 ped. no conversions of any kind or any fees involving usd to sek

Back