Is this immoral?

I really want to know the name of the game. So could anyone pm me the name of the game? Beacus i just want to check it out and see how it's like. So please pm me will you? :wtg:

Edit: Could it be afterworld?

Last edited:
It's not immoral. But the people you are suggesting it to who do not want to deposit, most likely will NEVER deposit until they are ready, no matter how much money they have out of game. Maybe they just like the sweat trade. Some people have good lives in RL, but just don't depot because they find it more fun not to.

I can respect persistence for a good cause... but as another poster pointed out I will not respect someone who spends 2 weeks working to get 10 dollars from a tedious and silly task like this.

I mean, can you respect a person who spends 4 full days walking around new york, going to every possible vending machine and phone booth, looking for change so as to amass 7 bucks by the end of it...

Especially if they have a job that pays more than 7 dollars an hour?

That person has the persistence of a tree, yet I think we can all say he is far less than respectable.

I know I am a newb and I dont post much but just had a funny thought, those bums in New York must have high evade from rats, cockroaches, and taxis :D

Would it be wrong for me to recommend that they play that game
I can't see how it could be wrong to recommend someone to do something. It might be immoral to force them to do it..
How is the cash paid out btw? I would be very dubious giving my bank account details to a company that had an idea like that.

I'm trying to understand your point but am having some difficulties.

You claim that pointing an item at a creature and repetitively clicking for hours on end (with the occasional healing/revival visit) is not your idea of fun? In that case what could you possibly spend your deposits on other than buying clothing/accessories?

Or do you claim that grinding just for the monetary value isn't your thing? In which case what is the advantage of EU compared to other MMOs?

As a minor aside, you may want to look at my old thread where I tracked my performance over time here. I started out by sweating then moved on to hunting/mining as described. Once I figured out the basics of EU the main fun-factor for me was to see how far I could go (and it seems I made more than $100 a year while at it). I still sweat from time to time even though I haven't bothered selling for nearly 3 years now :D

I personally don't see any problems with advising people of other ways to make money whether it be through Entropia or outside of Entropia.

It's just like when people talk about other games to play. Should we restrain ourselves from playing other games because we play EU? Heck, lots of people ingame have given me ideas of other games to play and it's up to me to decide what i do with the information.

Other methods of making cash are always interesting, so, if you don't mind PMing me the name, that would be appreciated!

It could be "immoral" if you do it just to get referals. if it is that kind of game.

PM...

you got me interested in this thread again... PM me the game name too please... sounds interesting... I'm curious if this "other game" has a RCE?

Did anybody perhaps calculate how much you earn with 1 hour of sweating?

Yeah it works out to about 15 cents per hour.... Depending on skill level and luck :p

Because for 1 hour of sweating you can get about 300 and selling at .5 pec each = 15 cents. But that can vary as I said depending on your skills, how often you die, and what you manage to sell the sweat for.

and in reference to the thread topic I see nothing wrong with it, I'd even post it here (but in the non EU section).

Personally I find the new sweating system a lot more zen that the old version. just something about it now seems better - perhaps it's because there isn't the long drawn out warm up phase and that you are successful more often (even though it's smaller amounts) I think this way it's a bit more entertaining.

I know a game you can make money also and i've not depo'd in over 3 years to it.

Guess what i can openly give you the name of this game.................. Entropia!

You just have to play it smart and know the world around you, starting off sweating gather knowledge and move up the ladder lots of things work to make money in this game doing them and finding them at the right times is the key.

(off-peak ore buyer on CND anyone?) last time i was there 6 hours not 1 buyer to be seen many players unhappy. Thats just 1

I would just sweat because skills. As a newbie i would surely try out everything. Then later decide what goals I want to reach. Deposit the fast way or just sweat.

I do sweating to chill out and to gain some skills....

However, would like to see this new game... Can you please PM me the link.

Hah

Well I wrote a tutorial on it. Its not the best activity, but it can make you your starting money witch you can then use for skills such as hunting, become a trader, or sweat for a very, very long time.

Sorry for necro but i must if i am to get an asnwer. Does anyone know what game the opening poster was talking about ? I would Pm the person but they have not been on since 2010....

Hey, don't tell him - look, most of the people in this thread don't play anymore, apparently they all now work their asses off for 26c/hour :D

Hey, don't tell him - look, most of the people in this thread don't play anymore, apparently they all now work their asses off for 26c/hour :D

That's like 3 times more then I make now.. I will resign and take this into consideration... sometime next week. ;)

just post the goddam name in this thread allready:laugh::laugh:

Back