Question: Is this normal mining now on FOMA?

I mean look, I am an old timer, I played this game for basically 20+ years When it was even in Alpha and called Project Entropia. Those were the days of great fun and bugs Galore hahaha

Loads I miss, but old players will of course be OLD now. So people need to understand that people age and we do not stay young forever we all die one day.

So we are not always able to keep up with everything like we once did when we was younger. I wont say my age now but I am approaching the mid life crisis age, lets just say that haha :D

I mean look, I am an old timer, I played this game for basically 20+ years When it was even in Alpha and called Project Entropia. Those were the days of great fun and bugs Galore hahaha

Loads I miss, but old players will of course be OLD now. So people need to understand that people age and we do not stay young forever we all die one day.

So we are not always able to keep up with everything like we once did when we was younger. I wont say my age now but I am approaching the mid life crisis age, lets just say that haha :D
But it was literally the same back then, maybe back then you wouldn't even get single claim :D

But it was literally the same back then, maybe back then you wouldn't even get single claim :D

Actually you are not far from wrong or right. There was far easier ways to make a shit tonne of peds back then, loads of players basically exploited the lack of infrastructure in the game etc and also the bugs to earn shit tonne of peds.

Like for me, I used to be a trader and there was no Market Value in game as such. So to find values of items you had to use unofficial Project Entropia forum which was not even managed by MA. So what I did is I started by swaeting, then doing some hunting of easy low level mobs, built some peds up, then just bought some cheap stuff, and resold them, and just kept repeating that many times until I kept doubling and doubling, until I had about 500peds, then I just moved on to some more rarer items etc, then just kept buying and selling them for a lot more than what I payed for them, as most people in game back then had no clue about eh Unofficial forum for the game. So they had no idea the value of items they had.

So this alone just made it so easy to make SUCH a huge amount of money, which I did. I wont say the final amount of ped I got my ped card to after I sold all my items I had left, but it was 5 figures lol.

I then just cashed it out. Which at that time taken over 6 months for them to process the withdraw and they requested soo many ID documents it was such an headache for me as I was pretty young, I did have the ID they needed though luckily.

But then I decided to not play after that for many years so the game can get better and improve so I could return with a new account later down the line, which is when I made this account in 2010 lol :)

Also for the Old timers to remember. The fun bits I really miss was UNDERWATER Mining and Swimming. I LOVED it it was very hard and disorientating though and hard to control while under water and mine at the same time, and the boms dropping was soo buggy too, they would bug out a lot and not even show any result etc lol.

Then there was the Auctioneer and Engineer Bugs where when you get close to them in Hangars which back then, looked very very different and basic etc as it was not using CryEngine 2 then either. Was you was able to basically move the Auctioneer out of the Hangars by pushing it slowly and slowly hahaha, people used to move them into the middle of mobs all the time for the LOL's It was so much fun and soo funny. MA had to shut down the servers soo often to reset them. They eventually did a patch to make them STICK into place and could not be moved or pushed lol. But it did take them a few months lol. They was really slow and always have been slow at updates etc etc. It looks like they are always gonna be slow too.

Last edited:
FOMA........its a very high risk VS reward threshold plus you are competing against a bunch of mining bots. I've had a few profitable runs there in the distant past but I don't frequent the area as much these days unless I want to kill my PED card or just throw caution to the wind in hopes of hitting a windfall loot. If you find a dome where you are getting multiple hits then its probably best to carpet the area before the bot wave arrives. Some of the domes with mobs seem to have some scattered finds as well since they disrupt botters. Honestly I've had more fun on Monria than FOMA since I returned to active play. I've haven't been to Arkadia since my return but I always had fun there as well in terms of mining.

As the return has been getting worse and worse for years now as player base goes down and down. It is just so sad.

Actually i think the returns overall has just been going up the last years. One could call it boring, but returns are far more predictable then ever. Funny you say this after you have been gone for a while, throw a handful of coins at the slot machine (that is what indoor mining is in my opinion) and make your conclusion on that.

The game has changed a lot for the better, try to do 10k lootevents (can be mining, can be hunting) and you will start to see it's nowhere close as volatile as is has been in the "golden years". only thing that has changed, you can't win on TT anymore longterm.

I will stick to some hunting for today though and try stay away from the crafting terminals haha, the loss from yesterday hurt me badly lol.

Anyone know the highest level mobs doable with Adjusted Musca and 2A Armour Plating please? On Caly? I also use the CalyTrek BLP L gun too, it delivers between 20-27 per hit +crits of 50+.

@Katie Chalmers - But what direction do I fly to, do I aim at the planet? Because if I aim at the planet I will get out of those Blue areas and then enter the Lootable zones. Please HELP
This might help :) Red zones are lootable. Hard red line is deep space. So flying in the Calypso/Foma/CP box isnt lootable any more.

index.php

This might help :) Red zones are lootable. Hard red line is deep space. So flying in the Calypso/Foma/CP box isnt lootable any more.

index.php

Thanks for that image :)

index.php
That is more like it! Thank you, Alainax.

So I take very long breaks from playing EU because I have lost thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in this game over the years.

But I mean I again stumped into my temptation and did some big deposits again last week, and today I decided to do a trip to FOMA for old time sake, So I bought 4 Range Enhancers 1 for my finder 105 and 6 level 7 amps.

So long story short, I have now taken a break from the mining while I contemplate because this is purely CRIMINAL?

I done 134 drops out of the total 234 drops for all 6 amps. 3 amps are now dead and my return so far is 2 claims, YES YOU HEARD THAT CORRECT 2 CLAIMS. A 249 Cumbriz hof and a Large Cald 47ped.

it was 234 drops total for 6 amps because level 7 is 39 drops for Ore only each amp so just 39 X 6 = 234

So basically this trip has cost me 1.2K peds and it appears I will be on course to lose 900peds. So I need a damn miracle in my last 100 drops or should I just stop now? I mean surely this is just criminal NO? I mean how in the hell is it even possible to do 134 drops with just 2 damn claims. I only do ORE. I will not do enmatter because I hate it.

So I would really love to know is FOMA really this bad now? I mean FOMA used to be bad in the past too, but now it is deserted, I saw like 1 person here this whole time. No traders here anymore like there used to be. It is just totally abandoned lol.

I do not like mining on caly because of the mobs scattered all over and I hate running into them, I know I can just use vehicles and mine with them next to me, but I hated that years ago. But I was thinking I would have had more claims than what I have had in all of those drops. But NOPE.

Thanks everyone for reading my rant question post. I appreciate any replies you may have though, I am all ears to see if this is normal now on foma or not haha.

RJ

well if you quit now you'll never get your ped back. just keep dropping I'm sure you'll hit a big one soon.

Back