Is this normal?

Does this seem strange and illogical to you?

• Yes

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • No (Please post why)

Votes: 70 56.5%

• Total voters
Is it normal to be as unlucky as I am with loot? Just check my tracker.

I've never had a Hof in my entire EU life only globals and very few.

Tracker Stats:
Drone Generation 06 88 PED Monday, June 07, 2010 22:34
Allophyl Young 51 PED Friday, January 08, 2010 23:52
Argonaut Young 53 PED Friday, April 10, 2009 22:57
Cornundacauda Old 82 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008 07:26
Cornundacauda Provider 93 PED Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I mean come on im playing since early 2005!? And not a single HoF!? only on teams. I see a lot of noobs with whole pages of hofs and globals on the tracker who don't even deposit what the hell is wrong? :(

Im really frustrated would like to know if there are other ppl that have the same problem, if it is normal or if I should write a support case! My returns are almost always terrible mining is usual to have 50 NRFS in a row, crafting 500 ped loss. Hunting is the only thing I do better but still I keep on loosing.

I've got all experience needed through all these years even the best miners and crafters have told me nice secrets on how to do good but im still a failure at it!

Sometimes average loot on hunting is good for me I won't lie but never a global. I've managed to have 300 ped merp hunts with no globals? It's just strange.

So what could it be any guesses?!

Without knowing what kind of skills or peds burned it's pointless for anyone to speculate if your loot is normal or not. Your solo global count seems very low, but to me that usually means that you dont really hunt solo.

Reading all posts here seems some people are in my situation too.

Probably the large amount of peds I cycle are not cycled on Hof'ing mobs per say as I read on a post before. I think that nail hit the spot.

As I am usually (not always) an ecohunter I understand I shouldn't get that much globs whole discussion aroused from talking with a friend who seems to be extraordinarily lucky and does about the same stuff I do that's all.

Now to all the jacka**ess that are calling me "noob" "whinner" "etc" go flame someone else as this thread was made just to figure out things not to complain. So please get your head out of your...behind.

Thanks to everyone else that made nice comments and discussed about the subject, loot will always be a mystery anyway. Dynamic huh?

:beerchug:

i think that a mob that costs more peds to kill, you have a better chance of hof.

Well that is a bit weird i admit.

Although i have had certain times i could not global no matter what i hunted or how much i spend (mostly between 00:00-04:00 MA time).

Other than the usual advice: do long runs on mobs that seem to global a lot at the time you are hunting, or just kill bigger stuff, since more HP means easier to global, i am afraid i can't really help.

Sorry but I would have to sort of disagree here, I seem to get globals more often when I do very, very short runs ;). I've had a 528PED Snable-Male Young HOF, a 658PED Daikiba Mature HOF, and I had a 466PED Melchi HOF on my first few ever probes just a few meters north of Zychions.

The wierd thing is these all happened just as I was close to giving up EU for lack of PED's, I was in a team in each of these as well (Which I have to admit is really annoying, being in a team, killing the mob yourself, getting all the loot, yet Entropia Tracker doesn't count you :(.) And most importantly of all, these were all using very few PED's, and I mean very few, in the 5-10PED mark. Use exotic weapons like the mace and the plasma pistol, I used them when I got my HOF's.

Not trying to say anyone else is wrong, but from personal experience this is the only way I've ever HOF'd.

Well go figure 2 Trox Guardian got in my way and when I finished them I heard another troxie coming. Loot on the Guardians sucked big time but the old.

Atrox Old 52 PED Saturday, June 26, 2010 06:55

LOL.

Ahhh...The Dynamism.

Well I got a global let's celebrate!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Welcome to my life;)

Without knowing what kind of skills or peds burned it's pointless for anyone to speculate if your loot is normal or not. Your solo global count seems very low, but to me that usually means that you dont really hunt solo.

I had very low global count on hunting for almost a year, I mostly mined so not many mobs got in my way.

Now when I'm doing the 5k feffoid mission There's a clear change in the global amount - and the peds burned through hunting.

If you want to get the swirlies that means you also have to spend big, nothing is free :D

I had very low global count on hunting for almost a year, I mostly mined so not many mobs got in my way.

Now when I'm doing the 5k feffoid mission There's a clear change in the global amount - and the peds burned through hunting.

If you want to get the swirlies that means you also have to spend big, nothing is free :D

I see you have the same luck as me

I think there is a bug on youavatar..

There are some avatars which are just bugged

and they have to remake, another avatar.

I am quite sure mine is bugged as wel, but not in all proffessions

Thereis a possible some nerf on your hunt profession, maybe you have to go mine like me . :)

Dig deep on CND :)

Hunt the right mob with the right tool and you can global easely, but good runs don't need a global.

I think there is a bug on youavatar..

There are some avatars which are just bugged

and they have to remake, another avatar.

I am quite sure mine is bugged as wel, but not in all proffessions

Thereis a possible some nerf on your hunt profession, maybe you have to go mine like me . :)

Dig deep on CND :)

Actually I do A LOT better hunting than on anything else lol. The worse profession for me is mining usually 50 NRFS in a row and stuff like that. Using the same methods a very succesful frien dminer uses lol so i stay away from the mines!

loot isnt avatar based it's activity based.

deposit 10k usd stay in game for 6 years but hunt 1 hour a week ur chance of hofing is small.

deposit 1k usd stay in game for 1 week but hunt 16 hours a day ur chances have gone up.

only difference between you and a avatar will higher skills is where it costs u 8 ped to kill a fresq he's killing the same fresq for 6.5 ped, so for same amount of ped he/she has more chances then you of globaling, hofing, athing doesnt mean they well for sure but just better chances.

Yeah, ive been playing for 6+ years without a HoF.

Not fussed really.

still hoping for an answer, how much ammo u used in those 2 years ? lol

Personally to global and ultimately hof (generally speaking) you need to run as much ammo through weapon as you can. You will most likley global many times. This may not be enough to break even though. I often see people come on for maybe 1-2 hours perhaps get a global and wonder why they never hof.

The consequent rapid skills gains in running so much ammo through weapon and increased profession rankings should help a lot. I noticed for me hoffing seemed to pick up lots around Lvl 50 and size of hofs increased.

I'm lucky to have the time to do maybe 15 hours each day often constant hunting. 220 ped atrox hof is nice but it probably won't take care of losses. I never did that great until 19k atrax came along so its good to hope for those days to balance things out.

Ive killed 000's and 000's of drones and I think 700 ped was about the biggest. If you believe... maybe drones and small atrox maybe the best to continue to try but many times I've been surpised or left things to chance and had better results. I think the game likes to tease and twist us about but you can lose your enjoyment in it if you're always looking to hof.

Good Luck, just go for it I say, but I dont really think there is any set pattern in a game thats always changing and is different for many :)

Last edited:
I think I had been playing for about 9 months before I stopped for a while.

Spent a bit of time at Nea's getting sweat, decided I would start depoing every once in a while.
Worked out a 1000 PED would be nice every so often.

I think I depoed around once every 2 months. Mainly Mined but had some hunting inbetween.

I had one Mining global, there was one Team Hunt Global and I globalled on my Ex's Ava 3 days after making it(mining).

The 1000 PEDs kept me going for 2 months, along with what ever loot I found.
It woulda lasted longer, but I tend to loose the plot and just spend spend spend.
I was not aiming at globalling/hoffing(the thought is always there, I don't care who you are and what you say. There is always the thought of 'Oooh I could global/hof').
I started playing EU for the fun, and started naturally skilling...
I had a ton of fun, for all intensive purposes I "lost" about 5000 PED or so.
I got some skills, made some friends and those are the things that matter to me, fun and friends.

Yes it would be awesome to ATH/HOF, but I don't go out to do specfically that.
As far as "bugged Avas" or MA screwing with you, I would not know.
I think I read somewhere someone saying something along the lines of if you put X PEDs into EU on your ava, the system will give you (X PED minus MA's Take)=Y PED back over Z time.

Some people see all of it/a lot of it/most of it in big heaps, others get it back but not in lumps but rather as a continues flow.
Makes sense to me, just some people want it all now in one go.

So to the OP you haven't had many solo globies, but a few in teams. I think that's the system, systematically giving back. It's what you do with it that matters...
(Cliche heheheh)

anywho my 2 pec

not at me.. got a nice glob from a guard:)

You are right, what i should have said is.

Merp have lowish HP and damage, it takes an awful lot of the small ones and still a rather large number of bigger ones to global. :)

One of my best hunts years ago was on the Merp Spawn around the orb in Minopolis :laugh:

"I think ...

"
... and I think you might be utterly wrong.

and you might be right, but i dont have proof to say otherwise, and no one does so until someone does have absolute proof ppl can "think" w/e they want just like you can think i might be utterly wrong...

The emphasis was on your post as being a statement of fact and not of opinion.

And to answer the topic. Follow the profession that pays you best starting with low inputs and going up until you start getting sustained loss. Then change it. The limits are those you set up for yourself ( budget-control ) . MA's machine will "serve" you some baits sometimes when you're walking on the control line, just to keep you "motivated" and maybe tempt you to go over the line. Don't. The line is very thin and crossing it may render you unable to recover ( reach the moment of pay-back ), out of disappointment or lack of cash.

Last edited:
The emphasis was on your post as being a statement of fact and not of opinion.

sorry grammEr nazi, i was under the "assumption" that all posts related to loot "theories" was automatically assumed as a personal belief/opinion, will remember for liability issues from now on to address "i think" i am full of shit and trying to shove down other's throat. :D

No because I have the same experience (or worse...)

Back