Question: Is VU 10.0 playable on your current system?

Can you PLAY vu 10 with your current system?

• yes, and I deposit...

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • yes, and I don't deposit and don't plan on it.

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • not really, and I deposit or have considered it

Votes: 68 43.3%
  • not really, and I will never deposit

Votes: 18 11.5%

• Total voters

lilac

Stalker
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Dagny Lilac Lane
Ok, well it seems that FPC has done a kick-ass job of getting the new V.U up and running quickly...

It also seems that Planet Calypso is in a better position long-term to have a good graphics engine, and appears to have done a good job of maximizing it's capabilities...

My curiosity here is whether MA may have inconvenienced more currently paying gamers than it anticipates attracting in the near future...

Not sure what they would do with this poll, but it may affect programmers priority in the near future (would love it if marco responded)

Ok, forget all the "bugs", which i'm sure will be fixed...

Forget all the upgrages to your computer, which you could do cheaply...

Forget my comments on the matter, which might come in another thread...

The real question is:

Given new graphics constraints, Do you feel like you can comfortably hunt, mine, and craft in EU?

:( no

Can't even upgrade my current vid card :( Gotta buy or build a whole new system just to log in and see the new stuff :( Not likely at this time.

Same thing here. I'm able to login but from that point on, its all verr laggy, veryyy slow and ingame i get like 5 seconds of gameplay before freezing up, not to mention all little squares instead of people.

So i guess X1300 mob Radeon is not good enough to play ( not what openscreen says = ok ).

My 1024 Ram is to low also...

New computer just for 1 game, i dont feel like it... = Pure money loss

The money thats ingame... = Pure money loss

Whatever i do, i have to spend or give up on some nice money ... NOT GOOD!

i can log in, but my graphics card is pretty much overworking itself to develop my avatar. My avatar is all white, and has body parts where they shouldnt be, for example, i have an arm coming out of my head and a hand floating above my head on the opposite side. I think they should lower the graphics just a tad so that those that are playing now dont have to worry about updating their system.

I play on the lowest set of graphics on this new version, and the new stuff looks nice, but I just can't handle not being able to see a full avatar. in all things i might just give my stuff to a soc mate and wait till i have enough money or sense to actually go out and buy a whole new computer just for this game...

Running it on High and no problems at all with lag or so.
Tried Very High but that didnt worked all good :(

yes

I had to set gfx to medium on most things, but its running *fairly* smooth on my rig

q6700, 8800GT, 4gb ddr2 800

Playable on medium, but really only if shadows are set to low. Would I buy a new card to get a better experience? Probably, if I didn't have to plan on buying a new monitor so I can play during the night cycle.

Playable on medium, but really only if shadows are set to low. Would I buy a new card to get a better experience? Probably, if I didn't have to plan on buying a new monitor so I can play during the night cycle.

Please, don't take this the wrong way, but this is what happens when you cheap out on a monitor.

Incidentally, what video card do you have?

on medium settings like a knife through butter.

I bought a new rig about a week before the patch so i should be sweet.

I really feel for those that cant get ingame though :(

My laptop however can not run it and to be honest ... thats more than a little annoying :(

ATM hunting or just moving is a real pain, I did log on and killed a few trox but my Nevida 8500 and the 5 fps I was gietting on this pc made the time less then fun.

I do hope things will improve, as for up grading my pc (GC) proably will not, since I have a lot of real life issues these days that far out weighs playing EU.

PS the fps 5 was set to medium

Very

Running on very high with quite nice flow.

Quad core
4gb ddr3
9800gtx 1gb graphics
WD mirror raid raptors.

Getting lower fps while entering crowded areas but playable.

Regards
Hulle

SPECS:
AMD Phenom 9500
Nvidia 8800GT 1Gb
3Gb Ram
Vista 32
Norton Internet security

Got about 1100FPS logginscreen
About 40FPS playing

So YES i can do ALL, thogh i find some issues with LAGG..
And "sometimes" fps dropps to 4-5..That i can fix with better
coolingsystem, also found some Artefacts up in SwampC were
the Daikis are in the hills..Go east of SwC, about 2-300 m, then
turn N-NE and walk about 50-100M then LOOK directly towards
East..

My sytem:

Vista 64 bit, E8400 overclocked at 3,4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 260, 4gB Ram

On very high settings: 18-30 Frames
High : 20-40 Frames
medium: almost 60 Frames
low :about 60 frames too and with some serious bad graphics.

There seems to be very little difference between very high and high, so I just let it run on high. Funny enough, my Armour looks like on shader 1, like a little shiny but not like in VU9.

Can't say I experienced lag so far.

ATI X1300 PRO 256 MB, AMD 64 X2 5000+, 2 GB RAM, Vista 32 SP2

I can play in windowed mode with 1024x768 and low or even medium settings pretty fluent.

Before however I could run EU with max. settings. Now everything looks crappy.

I can get into the game but I'm not sure hunting will be much fun as things are. I haven't tried yet as I was trapped at Sakura TC.

My system: P4 3Ghz, 3Gb RAM, Nvidia 7600 gfx, XP. Due to limitations of my motherboard I'm looking at significant wedge to upgrade. Contrary to what the OP states, these will not be cheap. It may even result in me buying a new system. When? God knows.

Bump

And no i cant play ( i can login but thats kinda it)

I havent loged in yet
i saw when my friend loged in with my computer...... it was not pleasant, haha!

low settings... cant see shit basicly.... and a steady.... 3 fps maybe.

Im not in a good mode right now ;)

I can play it nicely on Medium and High but my laptop
will shut down without warning after 5-15minutes, quite annoying actually.
but the time I am able to play i don't have much problems.

If anyone got any idea's about the shutting down phenomene i'd be happy to listen to solutions :)

system:
Intel Duo T5800, 4Gb ram, NVidia Geforce 9600M GS (256mb), xp pro sp2

not really, and I deposit or have considered it

Very surprised with 2ghz cpu, 2 gb ram and 256mb video card I can barely play on Low setting. I figured I'd be able to tweak it a bit or get by on a medium setting but it chokes on medium. While I can play on low it looks like shit.

So, I loaded it up on my brand spanking new work laptop, 64bit vista w/4gb RAM 2.8ghz CPU and 512 video and it friggen pukes on Very High and runs just ok on high... Idle it runs at about 60% CPU and 3gb ram on high setting.

not really ... tried so many things...

i have a Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT hope will MA fix it fast :(

The moment I have so many troubles only for installing the client and getting the login screen up...
The moment I have to make a huge effort to visit various Tech wizards and witches...
The moment I even think about trying some magic, even black, to actually make the client run...
That moment I seriously consider if it's worth upgrading my crappy computer to one able to run such a crappy PoS.
I'm no bloody tech guy able to modify a whole lot of .cfg files...I have no bloody clue what's wrong with various shitty Windows problems and I'm by no means qualified to fix that. And I can't be bloody happy about the promises of a new and more handsome graphic engine if the PoS is barely playable on high end rigs. Even if I buy a new PC, chances are EU will look worse on it than the previous version on my old PC.
So, I am standing here scratching my head, wasting 3-4 h of hard tries to make the client run, because MA is unable to release a fully workable program. Hell, they are even unable to assist with tech support, leaving again the job on the community.
Now tell me, why would I bother with such a piece of crap when there are a whole lot of games out there, released by companies with more respect and care for their playerbase/Custommers?

Back