Is wood harvesting a thing of the past ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Are we going to need the wood any more. Myself I kind of like to harvest but if it is of no value I guess I will stop. I though that I read that before the end of year MA was going to release more areas on which to build but I have heard nothing.

The buildings itself will probably need wood as well.

I though that I read that before the end of year MA was going to release more areas on which to build but I have heard nothing.

BUT they never said end of which year - CRAFTY MA :)

Wood...it's dynamic. :rolleyes:

Lol, only ma would release a new system to let it die a few month later due to lack of development.

Over time the estates might decay and need wood for repairs? ;p

Aaahh .. the wood harvesting :laugh:

Over time the estates might decay and need wood for repairs? ;p

Was wondering this as well , if not , then where is the incentive to invest in it?

BUT they never said end of which year - CRAFTY MA :)

Like the space missions which they said would be implemented in June but omitted to say June of which year..

Yeah. They really need to get back to working on that system. I can't imagine why they would think it is a good idea to keep releasing partially implemented features.

On a related question- I often get more returns from small trees than I do from large or huge ones. Is that just luck,or is a skill issue?

Collecting fruit had no purpose for years until pets were finally re-introduced. :acid:

I'd say if wood harvesting is your thing, carry on doing it in preparation for when its needed again (possibly for the CLD building as Spawn mentioned)

But every update patch I keep seeing them removing harvestable trees.

But every update patch I keep seeing them removing harvestable trees.

Oh, it's not just me then.

I stopped harvesting when the MU dropped, but decided to go and check again and when I went through all my old haunts, I felt like either someone was harvesting RIGHT before I got there, or all the trees were uprooted forever. :scared:

This is to support building on CLD plots, right? Has it even started yet?

I think it's not so much a thing of the past, but of the future. Now is the time to stockpile wood so that when people can build there is enough for them to do it, that was my impression.

If you can afford to sit on the wood until MA implements the building process (months, years??) it might be a great long term investment. For now it's only worth whatever someone will pay that wants to stockpile it themselves.

I followed a friends advice and bought a lot of fruit while taming was broken. Luckily I never dumped it but left the game for a while instead. Coming back and finding it worth 18 - 20k ped was quite a nice surprise. Building houses will probably not create the ongoing consumption that pets do, but at some point there should be quite rush on those harvested woods for a while.

But, since I did compare the two, I'll point out that held onto those 40k fruits for 4 years...

:laugh:

Oh, it's not just me then.

I stopped harvesting when the MU dropped, but decided to go and check again and when I went through all my old haunts, I felt like either someone was harvesting RIGHT before I got there, or all the trees were uprooted forever. :scared:

Oh, yeah, that was me. Sorry.

Wood? What wood?

I've never come across harvestable wood myself yet. Since it was introduced, I've looked where I am supposed to but nada. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but jeez, I guess I just wasn't cut out to be a lumberjack.

I have a spot bookmarked and it always seems to generate a lot of trees. I'll go look and see what's there next time I login.

I have also noticed as others that the trees seem to be getting less and less. Good job MA.

Save the forest! You're killing the planet!

Seriously though, MA probably just forgot to pay the janitor to work on the trees...

all my knowing places give less wood now. not worth to run around 5-10 minute to find one tree with wood.

I went through all my old haunts, I felt like either someone was harvesting RIGHT before I got there, or all the trees were uprooted forever. :scared:
Maybe somebody got the wood in the morning...

There is always a gamble in any early stage of new plans/things.

I did harvesting and will continually doing it as part of running and hunting mode. :laugh:

For every 5 ped spent, the returns are approximately to 4 ped with tons of skills gain.

Only problem is some spot of tree are difficult to harvest. You have to be like standing on the right spot to harvest them.

TT most of the loots gain from harvesting except those wood boards. Hoping one fine day, there will be a use for them. :laugh:

I find it a pleasant occupation, exploring with a Terratech engaged.
There are harvestable trees everywhere - some places have much more than others.
And good places seem to be infested with Atraxes & Merps and/or other excitable mobs, so its a matter of harvesting, shooting etc etc. There is a couple of places I suspect are amazing trees - fiercely guarded by Formicaedie or Necounues - I never live long enough to find out

Harvesting of trees ranges from easy, to knowing how to overcome drawbacks, to awful.
The awful trees I end up removing the "move to target" option - that works but I feel the yield is lower.
I read a post that referred obliquely to decay v harvesting - but don't know how that works.

I have noticed that some things have been changing re harvestable trees, how they look, how easy they are to find (harvestable trees used to be subtly different - greener, different coloured trunks than non harvestable ones)
I have not really noticed that there are fewer.
I have found trees that are harvestable that I suspect were not before - but that could be down to the area, some trees are just not harvestable in some areas (those trees I have heard referred to as ambutrees, you wont be able to harvest them at Boreas, but they exist at Fort Fury)
I live in hope I will find new types - part of the fun.
And the thing to aim for is harvesting the extra long planks from huge trees :)
I am posting pics of me & the trees I have harvested in my profile
I wonder if there exists a lumberjack hat - I would buy one :D

Back