Items, Modified loot, and filling the UL armor part void....

Well my numbers wew hypothetical. Regardless, for a GAME there are an awful lot of players who play to withdraw $20k - $80k u.s. a year. And THAT is why there's an extreme gap between depositors and non depositors in general. With today's players who cycle significant PED. U either deposit a shit load regularly or u transfer enough to buy a RL house and withdraw 20k/yr. OR.... you take your time and chip away at it which takes several years of making .50 cents u.s./hr before your bankroll is enough to start dabbling in bigger ticket items so u can make descent money. And if you're a player who paid your dues 10 yrs ago..... then be happy u earned a living off hunting in a video game for the past 5 years.

Menace

There're players that openly admit they make a living from EU. In fact that was the EU sales pitch some years ago to attract players. Some top end players though say hunting is not how they make their money, thier income is from top end item sales to other avatars.

Now many players me included struggle to justify the cost of big ticket items. I was prepared to pay recently Tt+4500 for an unl XI heal chip, but I'm not prepared to pay over 10K or even 20K for a quality armour set. Why? becasue it's the player base that set the price. Who says a mod fap is worth 140K? the top end player base. It's the same player base that would only pay 100K to by that mod fap back...LOL. It's the same player base that set the price of LA's, and anyone lower down the chain believe in that price, becasue it has to be right if the uber players say that is the case....Interesting and funny at the same time.

I rearly buy into that economic thinking, becasue I've always believed that overpriced guns or armour are there to initially fund the top players withdrawable income. Which in turn means they withdraw, and your deposit has only benefited the orignal looter. With decent evade and the skills that support evade you dont need top end armour.

So the truth is items costing thousands of dollars, is invented by the player base for self benefit, and those prices fuels desire from the "must have" part of the community.

so i'm all for lower priced decent armour, go ahead MA dump it into the loot pool.

Rick..smilling away.

There're players that openly admit they make a living from EU. In fact that was the EU sales pitch some years ago to attract players. Some top end players though say hunting is not how they make their money, thier income is from top end item sales to other avatars.

Now many players me included struggle to justify the cost of big ticket items. I was prepared to pay recently Tt+4500 for an unl XI heal chip, but I'm not prepared to pay over 10K or even 20K for a quality armour set. Why? becasue it's the player base that set the price. Who says a mod fap is worth 140K? the top end player base. It's the same player base that would only pay 100K to by that mod fap back...LOL. It's the same player base that set the price of LA's, and anyone lower down the chain believe in that price, becasue it has to be right if the uber players say that is the case....Interesting and funny at the same time.

I rearly buy into that economic thinking, becasue I've always believed that overpriced guns or armour are there to initially fund the top players withdrawable income. Which in turn means they withdraw, and your deposit has only benefited the orignal looter. With decent evade and the skills that support evade you dont need top end armour.

So the truth is items costing thousands of dollars, is invented by the player base for self benefit, and those prices fuels desire from the "must have" part of the community.

so i'm all for lower priced decent armour, go ahead MA dump it into the loot pool.

Rick..smilling away.

OMG you soo deserve a + REP exactly my thoughts :girl:

This should in turn lower the value of standard 5b plates.

Quite the contrary, MU is raising right now, because people consume the regular 5B/6A in process of making the new ones (which are less affordable anyway).

Well my numbers wew hypothetical. Regardless, for a GAME there are an awful lot of players who play to withdraw $20k - $80k u.s. a year. And THAT is why there's an extreme gap between depositors and non depositors in general. With today's players who cycle significant PED. U either deposit a shit load regularly or u transfer enough to buy a RL house and withdraw 20k/yr. OR.... you take your time and chip away at it which takes several years of making .50 cents u.s./hr before your bankroll is enough to start dabbling in bigger ticket items so u can make descent money. And if you're a player who paid your dues 10 yrs ago..... then be happy u earned a living off hunting in a video game for the past 5 years.

Menace

Until you stop basing your theories on hearsay I'll just ignore them. You obviously have little or no clue about what you are talking about.

did people seriously have any trust that your gear wouldn't possibly suffer extreme devaluation?

everytime you accept the ToU you agree that you're entitled to max 6 months of your last deposites(so for me 0 and if we are to believe 0 for star too)

think that should say alot about the safety of your investment;)

i bet that the people who bought mod fap for 350-400K? 08-09 weren't too happy selling it for 160K or keeping it and watch it go down either but that's life

Until you stop basing your theories on hearsay I'll just ignore them. You obviously have little or no clue about what you are talking about.

Well Star has made it public how much he HAS withdrawn on his stream. Stryker made a video of it years ago. There are many others I've spoken to who have freely talked about income. And I've been watching the market for 5 years. I made a vague hypothetical example because its not my place to go on about particulars of other peoples business. Doesn't change the fact that IMO, the top players buffing their income with EU funds would be better for the economy than flat out earning a living off the game if that in turn meant lower cost to play for the depositing side of the coin.
Nothing against the pro gamers. Just saying it would increase the active player base.

Menace

Markup should have never went so nuts in the first place imo

That's true. Old schoolers took advantage of the rare loot and the fact that there were people out there that for whatever reason would be willing to pay stupid amounts for things in a video game. This is now biting them in the ass... actually, its not really. They're still ahead financially.

Menace

Once upon a time, there was a great armor called Shadow that was considered TT Food, and now look at prices..
People asked way too long for a decrease in game cost, so here it is, starting with more affordable gear, a good step for "top low" players merge into mid level players and keep the peds rolling in.

Question...

Can anyone tell me how did Star come to know about the "refining of 2x 5B plates + that 'magical' bone could get you an Adj. 5B plate" thingy? Or did the general populace and me miss that part?

Just a curious question only...

[SUP][/SUP]
Can anyone tell me how did Star come to know about the "refining of 2x 5B plates + that 'magical' bone could get you an Adj. 5B plate" thingy? Or did the general populace and me miss that part?

Just a curious question only...

NPC mission from what I saw on his stream

Rick..smilling away.
Bloody good post here folks!! Can't plus rep you for it atm.

Well, some of "them" live in their parents' houses while "making a living" from EU, but sure...

Rick..smilling away.

This all BS, because there are no sales without buyers. No one sells a 1984 honda civic for $100,000 just because someone might say that's what it's worth. The items in question were high priced because that's what they were worth to the buyer, for whatever reason. One of those reasons is often, those items were used to make peds.

This all BS, because there are no sales without buyers.

UNLESS that buyer is an ALT, society member that will later be given back a good portion of the peds from the sale in a deal that was made outside of the scope of that one auction purchase just to increase the sale for the next sucker/buyer, etc... a LOT of price manipulations go on and Mindark doesn't do much about it most of the time.

Full time resellers that are profiting know how to manipulate the hell out of the market, and many times do so in unity with one another.

I. Do. Not. Get. It.

In what way would reducing the minimum damage needed to operate a weapon or armour make said weapon or armour suddenly "accessible" to players at their respective level of expertise/game skills?

Would not the repair costs to gain back a percent still be the same if it's at 3% or at 50%? Meaing the running cost (which is what I'd consider being a cost, while the purchase of the obejct would be the investment) would still be the same and mid to low class players would still not be able to afford running missions/kill mobs with such an expensive weapon to repair?

Cheers

Internet bug got me posting twice, clearing the second post as well as I can.

Last edited:
UNLESS that buyer is an ALT, society member that will later be given back a good portion of the peds from the sale in a deal that was made outside of the scope of that one auction purchase just to increase the sale for the next sucker/buyer, etc... a LOT of price manipulations go on and Mindark doesn't do much about it most of the time.

Full time resellers that are profiting know how to manipulate the hell out of the market, and many times do so in unity with one another.

And no man has set a foot on the moon yet!!! It's all a conspiracy :cool:

Back