Its Race time again!! Peds and Prizes to be won!

Can I join too :) ?

My driving skills are not something to brag about, my PC is struggling with the game but at least I can repair all your vehicles at the end of the race, for free (this disciple progress is killing me)

Tx

Hey sign me up as a racer please

Can I join too :) ?

My driving skills are not something to brag about, my PC is struggling with the game but at least I can repair all your vehicles at the end of the race, for free (this disciple progress is killing me)

Tx
Ill add you too the racers list, and on the day you can tell me how you feel your pc is coping with the lag that there might be. Yes they usually all end up with a few scratches on them by the end ;)
Have you looked into repairing on a mothership?

Hey sign me up as a racer please

See you there :)

Have you looked into repairing on a mothership?

Thank you and yes, I'm actively looking for a free :wtg: place on a mothership to increase my skill. I'll manage to get one eventually by chatting people around the sweating circle :)

The response to these races just get bigger and bigger everytime.
We love doing this. Everyone has such a good time and it is totally different from any other event ingame.
Alaina John and Sasha work so hard to make sure it all goes so smooth on the day.
It is totally awesome that they manage to pull of such a great Race.

See you all there

regards Tesh

Hi to everyone
If is any free place i am in:D and really coongz,this is one of the best and fun event around here:)
Hope that we will have fun,and if is not any place free for me wish all of you have fun and good luck,and dont die you will scrach the thing what you are driving:))

Hi to everyone
If is any free place i am in:D and really coongz,this is one of the best and fun event around here:)
Hope that we will have fun,and if is not any place free for me wish all of you have fun and good luck,and dont die you will scrach the thing what you are driving:))

Welcome to the racer team ;) and ty for the nice feedback :)

Oh Lordy, this looks like its going to be the biggest race we done so far (I am nervous) what if a boat springs a leek or or or a car gets a flat or we run out of cake or even... dare I say it... *whispers*wine!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG and.......

breeeathhhhh

I so can't wait!!

a map where new sitzerland is located PLZ :)

Less than a WEEEEKKKK to go YEY

Oh Lordy, this looks like its going to be the biggest race we done so far (I am nervous) what if a boat springs a leek or or or a car gets a flat or we run out of cake or even... dare I say it... *whispers*wine!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG and.......

breeeathhhhh

I so can't wait!!

Less than a WEEEEKKKK to go YEY

*hands Sash a glass of wine* just breathe.... you cant panic! you need to keep me calm! :cool:

Come on guys - this is going to be the biggestest and bestestest land sea and air race yet! Still time to sign up :D

Hello !

Please forgive me but i have to withdrew from this competition !

I wish you all the best luck for the race and a good time in this event !

Nel

Oh, here's the thread :ahh:
Just thinking about covering the race with a heli and a passenger doing a helicam video. Just give me a nod if that's ok, and find me a budding action cameraman with good graphics and capture software...
(I'm hoping to be a better pilot than racer ;) )

Oh, here's the thread :ahh:
Just thinking about covering the race with a heli and a passenger doing a helicam video. Just give me a nod if that's ok, and find me a budding action cameraman with good graphics and capture software...
(I'm hoping to be a better pilot than racer ;) )

That's a great idea jets! Can't wait to see the finished article!

Ps. Our insurance doesn't cover camera men falling from helicopters, so please make sure he signs a disclaimer. Tbf our insurance only covers the cost of loss of skinke amongst event organisers ;)

That's a great idea jets! Can't wait to see the finished article!

Ps. Our insurance doesn't cover camera men falling from helicopters, so please make sure he signs a disclaimer. Tbf our insurance only covers the cost of loss of skinke amongst event organisers ;)

LOSS OF SKINKE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you promised it couldn't happen again!!!!

I'm sorry to say I won't be participating this time after all. Good luck to all competitors !

Hello !

Please forgive me but i have to withdrew from this competition !

I wish you all the best luck for the race and a good time in this event !

Nel

I'm sorry to say I won't be participating this time after all. Good luck to all competitors !

Sure no problem :) hoprfully see you next time :) have a good night on saturday :cool:

I would like to regretably withdraw from the race. I cannot make it any longer for race day, sorry guys :(.
Good luck to you all & thx to organizers for a good comp race, I'll try catch the next one for sure, cyas :).

too much work and no play makes Hideo a dull boy.:loco:

unfortunately I can´t join you guys for this great event :sad:.
have fun and enjoy the race :yay:

see #75
I wasn't planning on writing anything, just 'observing' the races, and hopefully having someone able to make a video out of it if the action and my flying is good enough...
So, anyone want to be that camera person and be there a bit early (or at least for practising getting footage in the heats), so we can improve a bit on what video we can film before the final?

I will take video footage as a competitor. Maybe you could use it for your video?
Though it might be a bit heavy, that's for sure.

If you have a few vehicles I could practice on, I could get better angles.
To tell the truth, I have never used a vehicle before. X-D

I'm still really experienced in Entropian photography (see some samples here) and have top notch hardware... maybe the vid will have a few hiccups but that can be blamed on the crappy speed we have in this continent.

Last edited:
Hi bizarrick,
my setup is fairly 'crappy', so to run fairly smoothly I'm just on low settings, and I don't even have a video grabber (or experience at grabbing). However, I'm offering to try and fly a heli in such a way that someone with a good setup can angle the view, switch seats etc to get some good shots.
There are bound to be several heats to the races, so we could certainly fly together when you are not racing to get some footage. You may also be able to get good shots (photos) of yourself through the main open passenger section of the helicopter - I like your eye for your background off your linked shots, so we can try something there too... :)
Looking forward to it!

I have once flown in the passenger seat. For good air shots you will have to tilt the heli so the camera can get a direct shot at the ground. Maybe you will have to fly in really wide circles. X-D
Or maybe you could fly really low for high ground shots (cars & boats).

I will also get some footage of the afterparty if you want to include that in the vid too.
I would like to discuss details and angles with a few hours in anticipation. When will you be logging in?

You know, we should cover future events like this. You fly, I take the shots. ;-)

[EDIT]

Oh gawds! I did a small run and the vids weight about 1Gb/minute. O_O
I will try to minimize weight as much as I can by runnining windowed and less fps.
What size do you want the screen to be? I can remove the HUD to get cleaner shots.

Last edited:
What I'm offering is to try and help OTHERS get good video (and photo moments) that they would then like to edit and put into THEIR work. So if you'd like to put together a video which includes the afterparty, then great :)

Yes, angles... I imagine sometimes I'll be able to fly low and fast and won't need to tilt then.
If you tilt a heli then it starts to go that way too, so I can cross the track from higher up that way and also turn. If there is a bend, then I'll also be able to tilt while following the track - this is 'experimental'.

There are also various seat positions and also at least one where the passenger appears to be standing looking out. That may be the best one for angling down.

I don't know about conversion of graphics fps to video fps - complete! noob there. I'd hope you can end up with results just like other videos that can be watched as streams online.

I'll be at New Switzerland an hour or two beforehand, yes, and I may practise what my piloting options are this evening too. I realise the action can 'run away' and planning is a very high percentage of getting the best shots ;)!

Tomorrow is the day !!

Did the winner of the last two rounds chicken out yet? He/she better does, because... because... I have never drive a boat or a valkyrie :scared: !

Tomorrow is the day !!

Did the winner of the last two rounds chicken out yet? He/she better does, because... because... I have never drive a boat or a valkyrie :scared: !

Nope she is racing ;)

Only one sleep to go !! :wtg:

Cant wait to see what you manage to come up with Jets and Bizarrick - sounds like its going to be awesome! :cool:

Well, if I'm editing you'll have to wait for me to upload it until december.
I'm a bit busy to do all the rigmarole in Sony Vegas. X-D

I'm still offering my footage to any editor with enough time in his hands.

too much work and no play makes Hideo a dull boy.:loco:

unfortunately I can´t join you guys for this great event :sad:.
have fun and enjoy the race :yay:

awww its a shame you cant make it :( there wil be many more, so hope to see you at the next one :)

Back